Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #166
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Got our stimulus check today. There was a deposit of $1,200.00 in the family bank account.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 01:24 PM   #167
Secretariat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Big majority of the House voted to increase checks to $2000.
POTUS in favor of it.
Majority of the Senate is in favor of it.
62% of Americans want it.

But apparently, we are no longer in America.
The clear will of the people and their elected representatives is suppressed by one man, Das Fuhrer Mitch.

And President Donald Himmler is doing nothing but trying to get Georgia vote. Screw us, Himmy, right?

Stop the insanity. Stop Mitch. And send Trump packing.

GOP is a disgrace to America.
Trump is a disgraces to our species.

VOTE DEMOCRAT IN GEORGIA
Tom,

We never agree, but on the idea that one person can just stop legislation w/o a vote has always bothered me. Even the President only has a veto that can still be overridden, BUT the senate majority leader can stop any legislation he/she wants w/o a vote.

Frankly, I think a constitutional amendment is in order that no one can stop an up or down vote on a bill that has been passed by a majority of the House of Representatives.

I don't care if the House is Dem or Repub or the Senate is Dem or Repub or the majority leader is Dem or Repub. One person should not have the power to decide which bill he or she likes and is the only decider on what to bring to the floor of the Senate. It's wrong that one Senator can prohibit the free choice of every other Senator.

This has always bugged me, and it will never change in the Senate because the party in power in the Senate will never change the rules to disadvantage itself. A constitutional amendment is the only way.

But it will never happen. We're stuck in this cycle of ruling party over and over.

Rant over. We agree on this point.
Secretariat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 02:33 PM   #168
MargieRose

I don't think that all of this Mitch-bashing is necessarily warranted, let alone that Trump is included in the mix-up, by some here, as well. Read his quoted words, and you might open your mind as to what is his motivation for not jumping to the Demos' end-game...

McConnell Blocks Initial $2,000 Stimulus Check Bill: Democrats ‘Quietly Changed’ What Trump Wanted To Give Money To Their Rich Friends

Quote:
“Look, it’s no secret that Republicans have a diversity of views about the wisdom of borrowing hundreds of billions more to send out more non-targeted money, including to many households that have suffered no loss of income during this crisis,” McConnell continued. “COVID-19 has not affected all households equally. Not even close. It is hardly clear that the federal government’s top priority should be sending thousands of dollars to, for example, a childless couple making well into six figures who have been comfortably teleworking all year. Our duty is to get help to the people who need help. Like we did to an historic degree just four days ago.”

“But above and beyond that discussion, the Democratic leaders have broken from what President Trump proposed. They quietly changed his proposal in an attempt to let wealthy households suck up even more money,” he continued. “Speaker Pelosi structured her bill so that a family of four would have to earn more than $300,000 in order not to qualify for more cash. A family of three could pull in $250,000 per year — a quarter of a million dollars — and still qualify for some money. And Democratic leaders want to call this scheme, quote, ‘survival checks.’ Only my friends Speaker Pelosi and the Democratic Leader could look at households in New York and California who make $300,000… in households where nobody has been laid off… where earnings did not even drop this past year… and conclude these rich constituents of theirs need ‘survival checks’ financed by taxpayer dollars and borrowed money.”

“Everyone sees the game here,” he continued. “These are the same Democrats who proudly block the entire aid package for months because they tried to hold out for special tax cuts for rich people in blue states. Now they say it’s a matter of ‘survival’ to send another boatload of cash to people making $300,000, regardless of whether they have experienced any disruption at all this past year.”
Comments:

Quote:
Trump is right but it's a "no win" situation. Dems can now blame Republicans for delaying stimulus payments and polls have already swung heavily to Dems in GA because of this. Sadly displays the ignorance of most voters who only care about how soon they can get their "free money" ...
Quote:
That’s cocaine Mitch right there.. that’s why he is majority leader. It’s not like we can afford an extra trillion bucks in the first place but by getting it tied to an election investigation and 230 reform, there’s little chance dems will play ball. Funny how dems want to tie literally every communist dream to the defense bill but want a stand alone for this one issue. Good job Mitch.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 03:22 PM   #169
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I don't think that all of this Mitch-bashing is necessarily warranted,
McConnell's stand is noble, but a larger Stimulus Package needs to be approved very soon or the Republicans can kiss the Senate good-bye when Georgia votes.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #170
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
McConnell's stand is noble, but a larger Stimulus Package needs to be approved very soon or the Republicans can kiss the Senate good-bye when Georgia votes.

His stand is Noble. What are you smoking? Noble to Who? Noble for Who?

And please don't tell me our grandchildren who will have to repay it in decades to come. Republicans ( me included) stopped worrying about that fallacy under Trump.

Republicans are toast beyond Georgia.

Benefiting the rich? The limit is 75 k per year in income. That is rich? Give me a break.

And MargieRose, tou have ZERO credibility having the audacity and ignorance to compare Fauci to Josef Mengale. HOW DARE YOU.

That shows who you really are.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #171
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
omegalulz

how many times are we going to hear this over the past decade or two?

Let me know when it finally comes true.
Old 01-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #172
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
omegalulz

how many times are we going to hear this over the past decade or two?

Let me know when it finally comes true.

Gladly
Old 01-01-2021, 05:41 PM   #173
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Sorry Margie, Mitch is a worthless asshole.
ALL the pork got by, the ONLY thing that the Fuhrer stopped was help for Americans who have left out in the cold by the government of the Shit Hole States.

HE COULD HAVE ALLOWED A VOTE but did not.

F*** Mitch and his family and friends all to hell.

He is a total disgrace to what was once a great country but today is shit hole due to people like him.
And TRUMP's legacy is now clear - a day late and 1400 dollars short.

Both of them can go to HELL.
Old 01-01-2021, 07:07 PM   #174
Vinnie

Dittos to you Tom!! Mitch McConnell is in the process of singlehandedly destroying any political leverage the Republicans may have ever had. I have been a lifetime Republican to this point, however, I cannot maintain that status any longer as it has become starkly clear what the Republicans up in our D.C. offices opinions are regarding the average man or woman in the U.S. today. No matter what metric you may utilize, these people are simply despicable by any measure.

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-01-2021, 08:16 PM   #175
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sorry Margie, Mitch is a worthless asshole.
ALL the pork got by, the ONLY thing that the Fuhrer stopped was help for Americans who have left out in the cold by the government of the Shit Hole States.

HE COULD HAVE ALLOWED A VOTE but did not.

F*** Mitch and his family and friends all to hell.

He is a total disgrace to what was once a great country but today is shit hole due to people like him.
And TRUMP's legacy is now clear - a day late and 1400 dollars short.

Both of them can go to HELL.
So what do you think his motivation is for holding back a vote? Does he want really want to lose the Senate?

The way I understand his reasoning (for one part, at least) is that Pelosi upped the income limit from $75,000 to $300,000 giving relief to people who do not really need it. Why are you blaming just Mitch and the Republicans for this whole issue? The way I see it is that it's the Demos who are forever changing and adding things into bills that cause delays...hence in the title of the article - 'Quietly Changed.' Is it a "so what?" issue?
Old 01-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #176
sammy the sage

Tom ='s E.T. x's 2....what ya gonna when P.A. comes for you....

The world has gone crazy with flip flopper's...

WITF are ya'll gonna realize....it's don't Cucking matter...which party you wanna rant and rave for....the current 2 party system IS rigged....
Old 01-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #177
MargieRose

Quote:
His stand is Noble. What are you smoking? Noble to Who? Noble for Who?

And please don't tell me our grandchildren who will have to repay it in decades to come. Republicans ( me included) stopped worrying about that fallacy under Trump.

Benefiting the rich? The limit is 75 k per year in income.* That is rich? Give me a break.

And MargieRose, tou have ZERO credibility having the audacity and ignorance to compare Fauci to Josef Mengale.** HOW DARE YOU.

That shows who you really are.
*Wrong. Pelosi 'quietly' upped the income to limit to $300,000. Read the article!

**It wasn't I who compared Fauci to anyone; the person writing the article I posted did. Where was your professed ire, when Trump was being compared to Hitler and being accused of being a Nazi sympathizer ad nauseam? You libs travel on a one-way street...ad nauseam.

Step down from your high horse and get your facts straight, lest YOUR credibility tanks.

Last edited by MargieRose; 01-01-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:17 PM   #178
Boomer

Quote:
*Wrong. Pelosi 'quietly' upped the income to limit to $300,000. Read the article!

**It wasn't I who compared Fauci to anyone; the person writing the article I posted did. Where was your professed ire, when Trump was being compared to Hitler and being accused of being a Nazi sympathizer ad nauseam? You libs travel on a one-way street...ad nauseam.

Step down from your high horse and get your facts straight, lest YOUR credibility tanks.

I'm not a "LIB" . I never compared Trump to Hitler and never would. I also know he is a NOT Nazi sympathizer. And I have argued ad nauseum against those who took that position.

But as far as you posting and agreeing with the Fauci/Mengele comparison leaves me no doubt where your sympathies lie.

YOU AGREED WITH THE FAUCI/MENEGELE article so that falls in your lap. You continue to post articles and statements that are not true. But that does not bother me as it simple points out your ignorance. The Mengele stuff shows your lack of morality and defending it by comparing it to what others may call Trump is a poor excuse for justifying your pathetic comparison and true colors.
Old 01-01-2021, 10:03 PM   #179
MargieRose

Quote:
I'm not a "LIB" . I never compared Trump to Hitler and never would. I also know he is a NOT Nazi sympathizer. And I have argued ad nauseum against those who took that position.

But as far as you posting and agreeing with the Fauci/Mengele comparison leaves me no doubt where your sympathies lie.

YOU AGREED WITH THE FAUCI/MENEGELE article so that falls in your lap. You continue to post articles and statements that are not true. But that does not bother me as it simple points out your ignorance. The Mengele stuff shows your lack of morality and defending it by comparing it to what others may call Trump is a poor excuse for justifying your pathetic comparison and true colors.
Stop it, you pathetic nincompoop. I agreed with NOTHING. If you think so, show me where I did!

My intent was simply to make a point about obnoxious comparisons. You just didn't get it. Sorry...for you!
Old 01-01-2021, 10:36 PM   #180
Boomer

Quote:
Stop it, you pathetic nincompoop. I agreed with NOTHING. If you think so, show me where I did!

My intent was simply to make a point about obnoxious comparisons. You just didn't get it. Sorry...for you!

Frohes Neues Jahr to you as well.