Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 12-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #1
thaskalos

The "genius" of Bill Belichick...

I just finished watching Bill Belichick's brief press conference following tonight's game...and felt that his surly attitude played much better when the Patriots were a great team. Now...he looks like just another maladjusted sore loser. Tom Brady CARRIED you, coach...there can be no further doubt about that.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:10 AM   #2
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I just finished watching Bill Belichick's brief press conference following tonight's game...and felt that his surly attitude played much better when the Patriots were a great team. Now...he looks like just another maladjusted sore loser. Tom Brady CARRIED you, coach...there can be no further doubt about that.
Same ole from Bill B. Coming from a Steeler fan, Bill B. is a great coach. This year proves nothing and certainly does not tarnish his record. Not sure what logic you are using to say there is no further doubt.

To say Brady carried Bill B. is a huge exaggeration. Brady is a HOF QB but it was certainly a tandem effort. Bill B. is a master strategist and the king of adjusting at halftime, his teams are meticulously prepared. He will also be in the HOF and deservedly so.

Brady would not of won as many without Bill and vice versa.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 12:13 AM   #3
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Same ole from Bill B. Coming from a Steeler fan, Bill B. is a great coach. This year proves nothing and certainly does not tarnish his record. Not sure what logic you are using to say there is no further doubt.

To say Brady carried Bill B. is a huge exaggeration. Brady is a HOF QB but it was certainly a tandem effort. Bill B. is a master strategist and the king of adjusting at halftime, his teams are meticulously prepared. He will also be in the HOF and deservedly so.

Without Tom Brady, Belichick is a below-average coach...and his coaching record readily illustrates that. Tom Brady, on the other hand, has managed quite nicely without "Genius Bill".
Old 12-29-2020, 12:26 AM   #4
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Without Tom Brady, Belichick is a below-average coach...and his coaching record readily illustrates that. Tom Brady, on the other hand, has managed quite nicely without "Genius Bill".
I cannot stand Bill B. but that is just much too simple thinking. Brady doing well on a stacked team versus what the injury riddled Patriots put on the field is proof of nothing. They also had zero money to spend and their best defensive player opted out. Just looking at his record with and without Brady, does not prove much.

Bill B. is not good at drafting offensive talent, that I will say. He is a great defensive coach, so it was not all Brady.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:

He sure hasn't done much "halftime adjusting" this year...has he?

But Tom Brady is adjusting very well in Tampa...even as he approaches his advanced years.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
I cannot stand Bill B. but that is just much too simple thinking. Brady doing well on a stacked team versus what the injury riddled Patriots put on the field is proof of nothing. They also had zero money to spend and their best defensive player opted out. Just looking at his record with and without Brady, does not prove much.

Bill B. is not good at drafting offensive talent, that I will say. He is a great defensive coach, so it was not all Brady.
Belichick is 48-67 without Brady. But this doesn't PROVE MUCH? Coaches have gotten FIRED with BETTER records than this.

Last edited by thaskalos; 12-29-2020 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:37 AM   #7
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
He sure hasn't done much "halftime adjusting" this year...has he?

But Tom Brady is adjusting very well in Tampa...even as he approaches his advanced years.
I really appreciate your hatred of Bill B.

I already addressed that, you can't adjust with really no offensive talent whatsoever and a decimated defense.

Am happy Tom is shining ,he has to be loving life with all those receivers that he never had on the Pats. Arians is certainly no Bill B. and it took him some time to figure out how to use Brady correctly , or maybe Brady just told him what to do.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 12-29-2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #8
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

BB has had the last pick in the draft for the last umpty-up years. Maybe that has something to do with his team's record this season. The guy's the GOAT IMO.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #9
king kong

Brady

Tom Brady should own at least 5% of the Pats.His agent didnt do him any good!
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2020, 11:04 AM   #10
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Belichick is 48-67 without Brady. But this doesn't PROVE MUCH? Coaches have gotten FIRED with BETTER records than this.
Bill B. was 11-5 with Matt Cassel , what has Matt done since.

It is just silliness to state it was anything other than a tandem effort. If Bill amassed a 48-67 record in consecutive years then yes.
Old 12-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
woodbinepmi

I don't know who is to take credit for their run they had for almost 20 years, but one thing I do know is, I am really enjoying watching them lose every week right now.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:01 PM   #12
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
BB has had the last pick in the draft for the last umpty-up years. Maybe that has something to do with his team's record this season. The guy's the GOAT IMO.
Agree & good point on the draft.

BB and Brady are sure fire HOFers, but Brady without BB did not win his division. It's doubtful he ever will.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 12:03 PM   #13
Robert Fischer
clean money

I like "Both".

yes, that's not as fun, or interesting.

If there's a controversial opinion I have about the Pats' Dynasty, it's that the climate was favorable to the league and to foster the business of marketing that New England region. The Jets are kind of like the Knicks. The NFL almost takes pride in the fact that their market position thrives regardless of divisional standings (Jets are a top 10 valued franchise in the NFL, perhaps close to top-5). The Fins and Bills aren't huge markets, for their own individual, unique reasons.

Kraft, the NFL, and family gave Belichick a shot after he was developing with the Browns. He did an excellent job. Brady wasn't a huge draft stud, but Belichick and co. were smart enough to draft and give him a fair chance. Brady went on with a Montana-like career and overachieved everyone else's expectations.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:58 PM   #14
mountainman

65-35, Brady.
mountainman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2020, 10:18 PM   #15
jimmyb

Love him or hate him he's had a hall of fame career.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: