Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
showonly

Horse racing is rigged

The recent conversation about "high frequency trading" making the stock market rigged and the uproar it is has created shows why horse racing continues it's decline. The bettors never flex their muscles. They are clueless consumers.

The stock market which is NOT a zero sum game is concerned that a transaction could be effected by as little as $.001. Horse racing on the other hand allows computer bettors to change a proposition within an already inherently disadvantaged proposition without even warning the rubes who bet and then complain that the odds changed so dramatically.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I have news for you...you may want to sit down for this...

Life is rigged.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Racing needs to pay off to the penny, no excuse to be rounding an 8.19 payoff down to 8.00

Tote integrity is much more important than "Drug" integrity and the reason is that great handicappers can actually "Factor in" supertrainers, form reversals, horses who look different in the flesh and "glow" when they are "plugged in" and so on and so forth. The tote "skimming" is really just the player getting fleeced with zero chance to do something about it.

Maybe all this "drug integrity" is just a false flag for what's really going on, we should be screaming about making sure the tote systems are as strong as fort Knox and yet you rarely hear a peep about the "skim".
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Life is rigged.
when you come out the womb your rigged!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #5
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by showonly
The recent conversation about "high frequency trading" making the stock market rigged and the uproar it is has created shows why horse racing continues it's decline. The bettors never flex their muscles. They are clueless consumers.

The stock market which is NOT a zero sum game is concerned that a transaction could be effected by as little as $.001. Horse racing on the other hand allows computer bettors to change a proposition within an already inherently disadvantaged proposition without even warning the rubes who bet and then complain that the odds changed so dramatically.

Are there some races that are fixed in the US? Ughhh yes some are

Is there insider trading going on in the stock market? Ughhh yes

Is there cheating going on in baseball? Ughhh yessss

Is life fair? Nope..
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #6
devilsbag
Prefer to be called Dinny

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

When horse racing is rigged, make yourself a ridgling.
devilsbag is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #7
Greyfox

In thoroughbred racing it is doubtful that the outcome of 1 in 10,000 races is "rigged."

That does not mean to say that some trainers and vets aren't pulling off some illegal hijinks and getting away with their larceny frequently.

Only an idiot would continue to play at a game that he thought was rigged, unless of course he had a hand in the subterfuge.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
rubicon55

Quote:

Life is rigged.
Mike, that was brilliantly spot on. Sad but true. Keep looking up for better days.
rubicon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #9
showonly

Baffling

i understand that those of you involved in computer betting don't want to comment but how do the rest of you not understand that computer wagering destroys the retail bettors chance of success.

The retail bettor is subject to the final price the computer bettor creates the final price.We need to follow on the heels of the stock market investigation and get this exposed.
showonly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
i understand that those of you involved in computer betting don't want to comment but how do the rest of you not understand that computer wagering destroys the retail bettors chance of success.

The retail bettor is subject to the final price the computer bettor creates the final price.We need to follow on the heels of the stock market investigation and get this exposed.
This isnt true. The final odds are determined by how much money is on each runner, minus the listed takeout. When money comes in on one runner, other runners go up in price.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 06:36 PM   #11
ronsmac

Quote:

So true.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:

Life is rigged.

Brilliant.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #13
lamboguy

the stock market makes horse racing look like a bunch of choir boys going to church.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #14
Poindexter

Quote:

I went int depth on this in a recent thread started by thaskalos. I agree with you 100% and went on in that thread to demonstrate how these computer bettors who are in the pools artificially(they are at about -3% pre rebate wps and getting much fatter rebates than that) are basically bringing up the track take from 16% wps to over 20% wps(this doesn't even take into account breakage). Obviously they are taking the exacta and double pools way up there and lamboguy indicate they have access to the blind pools(I have no idea but it would not surprise me), if that is the case than forget about it.............everybody else is at there mercy. But there seems to be a lot of guys here that are getting rebates of their own, and are happy with that.

It is sort of a pound your chest, I am strong enough to overcome mentality here on this issue. This problem is so much more detrimental to this sport than any other issue that is talked about here on daily basis, it is indeed baffling. The big problem is this game will die and a lot sooner that everyone thinks, and everybody is going to continue to blame it on drugs and cheating and competition and marketing and ignore problem number 1, you cannot build this sport if newcomers not only cannot win but they cannot even lose less than 25% of each dollar bet. They will not even stay with the game long enough to know what pace is, or track bias is or learn how to trip handicap or any of the other key variables in this very complex game.

By the way can we not say life is rigged in every thread about drugs and past posting and supertrainers, and jockeys pulling up.....why is this subject different? I can spend all day going through threads saying life is rigged, get over it.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the stock market makes horse racing look like a bunch of choir boys going to church.
So true.

I Daytraded for a few years. Really got into it. Bought all the books, went to all the seminars, hung around trading rooms, read the stats. Just like a newbie Horseplayer, I studied the craft and traded my Axx off for years. Luckily, I did OK. Not great, but OK. It's a tough game trying to shave margins in one day on the market. In the early days, it was easier. Just watch CNBC in the morning. If Maria Bartimoro mentioned a stock, buy it. End of day, sell it. Good for a 2 or 3 point pop.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: