Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #16
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweitz
The perfect example of liberal-think---it just has to be racism, it just has to; and if it's not the story we will make it the story.
So you honestly think that if flags were ordered to half staff for the death of the Pope, or a white international humanitarian figure the likes of Mandela, this sheriff would still be resisting all the same? Cuz they, "ain't american"?

Talk about willful naivete. Get real.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #17
newtothegame

It is extremely funny you all on the left are trying to paint this sheriff as "racist" and how honorable our president is for the lowering flags to half staff....

But lets really look deeper......

Obama gets involved in a Harvard professors arrest..........
(Professor was black)..........

Obama gets involved in teen shooting in Florida.....
(teen was black)

And, I am sure there are more examples........my question here is why aren't you all on the left questioning our presidents motives yet you question a sheriff for not willingly honoring a NON American?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #18
schweitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
So you honestly think that if flags were ordered to half staff for the death of the Pope, or a white international humanitarian figure the likes of Mandela, this sheriff would still be resisting all the same? Cuz they, "ain't american"?

I don't know anything about this sheriff except for the story in this thread---and neither do you.

But what I do know is that there are plenty of examples of racism being injected into events (by liberals) because that fits their agenda.

I prefer to have more information before I consider a man to be a racist just because he's from the south and the flag honoree is a black man.
schweitz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #19
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

I think I agree with you on this one, but I need more info - have flags been ordered to half staff when other important international figures have passed away? If so, I agree with your point.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #20
woodtoo

Maybe this sheriff was more concerned with some of Mandelas disparaging comments

"If there is a country in the world that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world,it is the United States of America"

"The United States is a threat to world peace"

" The life of Che (Guevara) is a great inspiration for every person who loves liberty...Long live the Cuban Revolution.Long Live Fidel Castro."
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses

The "good sheriff" has his version of how things should be in this country.

Fortunately, there are other versions of how things should be in this country that have prevailed. The problem with his version is that it is mired in a view that everything that "used to be" needs to be sanctified and glorified.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
Maybe this sheriff was more concerned with some of Mandelas disparaging comments

"If there is a country in the world that has committed unspeakable atrocities in the world,it is the United States of America"

"The United States is a threat to world peace"

" The life of Che (Guevara) is a great inspiration for every person who loves liberty...Long live the Cuban Revolution.Long Live Fidel Castro."
I hear you on his politics, but I can still see honoring him for his role in helping end apartheid in S. Africa.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
The "good sheriff" has his version of how things should be in this country.
Case closed.
As does Obama.
So what?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
I hear you on his politics, but I can still see honoring him for his role in helping end apartheid in S. Africa.
ditto
Old 12-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
woodtoo

Funny,just bet Missile Threat @ WDB ...didn't fire
Old 12-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
chrisl

Half mast is for Patriotic Americans. Mr Mandela I feel was a great man he did voice his opinion on America quite often.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #27
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
The race detectives have solved the case once again. I'm amazed at how they can read minds and motives from afar.
Oh you're white and from the south? then you're racist. case closed.
Why actually, the qualifications required to gain this skill are quite simple. All one has to do is be a liberal.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #28
dartman51

I have no problem with the flag at half mast. Mandela was a great man. I have the utmost respect for him. There should be more people with his attitude. I recall an interview with him, after being in prison for 27 years, he was asked if he hated the people who held him. He said, and I paraphrase, "No, they owned me for 27 years, if I hated them now, they would still own me."
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #29
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
Half mast is for Patriotic Americans.
Like Whitney Houston?
Old 12-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #30
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

The U.S. flag has been lowered to half-staff for Pope John Paul II , Yitzhak Rabin, King Hussein, Anwar Sadat and Winston Churchill.

Canada has lowered the flag for Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford among others. Most counties around the world commonly honor distinguished foreign (ie. U.S.) leaders.

If the flag can't be lowered for Nelson Mandela then who really will ever rate such an honor.

On a side note, what were the sheriff's stated reasons, if any, for not wanting to honor Mandela?

Jim Schoenfeld
Jay Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply