Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
lamboguy

Charleton Baker no gate work

how can he start a horse in New York today 6th race NEW DUDE without a gate work since October 23 2013?

i know that the clockers and starters in New York are strict and did not miss a gate work there. so he simply just didn't work him out of the gate.

the horse goes off at 20-1 and gets claimed and is probably going to wind up in Finger Lakes for his next race. Finger Lakes is now a waste of time with no horses and no handle to make a bet into.

i am lucky, i happened to look at his works, otherwise i would have blown up on this horse today. i feel bad for anyone that plunked down their money on him today, he had zero chance of running good today.

this game has become a very tedious boring game, and as you can see, you can't protect your money betting on it any more. when you make a mistake, your money is now gone but not forgotten.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2014, 12:55 AM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

Maybe he did have a gate work and DRF just decided not to publish it?

Also, maybe you don't need an actual gate work if you're "Gate approved"?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #3
outofthebox

In California you can get a gate card without an official posted workout. Long as you break good and go a 1/4 your good to go...
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
In California you can get a gate card without an official posted workout. Long as you break good and go a 1/4 your good to go...
The old "pop and pull up"
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #5
lamboguy

no one wants to work horses out of the gate for no reason, but when a horse hasn't popped out of the gate for an extended amount of time, they tend it be not quite as sharp.

when i had young horses in training they always walked through an opening the same size as a gate stall before they walked onto the track to gallop or jog.

maybe there was some type of reason that NEW DUDE stayed away from the gate for 6 months.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: