Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #1186
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 77,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You don't think the police would have cared that an overzealous wannabe cop killed a 17 year old kid named Mike? The only reason Zimmerman was charged was because Trayvon was black?

who cares what the media has said. Isn't the story here that a 17 year old is dead?

We must have a different idea about what a pretty good bet is.

However, my point had nothing to do with your response. I was talking about Boxhair's reaction.
First off, using the word kid when referring to Martin is a bit of a stretch, but ok, technically since he was legally a minor,I guess kid is still permissible...

Second, how long did it take for Zim to be arrested, and this only after extreme public pressure for an indictment? If this were such a simple case of a "kid" being gunned down for no reason whatsoever, he would have been arrested on the spot...it's amazing how everyone who sports this "it's because Martin was black that Zim wasn't arrested that night" fails to acknowledge that Zim isn't white, and that if this entire non-initial arrest were racially motivated, the "racist cops" could have arrested Zim on the spot and killed two birds with one stone, so to speak....

Anyway, i'm one of those who has always maintained a jury was needed to sort this case out...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #1187
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
First off, using the word kid when referring to Martin is a bit of a stretch, but ok, technically since he was legally a minor,I guess kid is still permissible...

Second, how long did it take for Zim to be arrested, and this only after extreme public pressure for an indictment? If this were such a simple case of a "kid" being gunned down for no reason whatsoever, he would have been arrested on the spot...it's amazing how everyone who sports this "it's because Martin was black that Zim wasn't arrested that night" fails to acknowledge that Zim isn't white, and that if this entire non-initial arrest were racially motivated, the "racist cops" could have arrested Zim on the spot and killed two birds with one stone, so to speak....

Anyway, i'm one of those who has always maintained a jury was needed to sort this case out...
Fine...a 17 year old adult. Either way, he was 17 and is now dead. Who cares if he's called a kid or adult?

I never said he was gunned down for no reason and I certainly didn't say Zimmerman wasn't arrested because Trayvon is black. The race card didn't get entered into the equation until Sharpton and Jackson got involved. That drew in the crazies from both sides. I said Zimmerman was overzealous (my opinion) and because of it, a 17 year old is dead.

Maybe I'm wrong and Martin was the aggressor. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

My point was Boxhair is (really) involved in this because of Trayvon's race. Do I need to remind people that Boxhair was trying to suggest the skittles Trayvon bought (which we saw on video) was made up and the skittles was a slang drug reference? He's grasping at straws and throwing as much shit against the wall hoping some sticks as possible.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #1188
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Fine...a 17 year old adult. Either way, he was 17 and is now dead. Who cares if he's called a kid or adult?

I never said he was gunned down for no reason and I certainly didn't say Zimmerman wasn't arrested because Trayvon is black. The race card didn't get entered into the equation until Sharpton and Jackson got involved. That drew in the crazies from both sides. I said Zimmerman was overzealous (my opinion) and because of it, a 17 year old is dead.

Maybe I'm wrong and Martin was the aggressor. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

My point was Boxhair is (really) involved in this because of Trayvon's race. Do I need to remind people that Boxhair was trying to suggest the skittles Trayvon bought (which we saw on video) was made up and the skittles was a slang drug reference? He's grasping at straws and throwing as much shit against the wall hoping some sticks as possible.
Chill out, Hossy, and take a deep breath. And "Skittles" IS a slang drug reference. Look it up. Google it. And Skittles can also be used in DXM cocktails because they are very sweet.

And I have been pretty much on target with Martin from the git go. I knew this "kid" was "dirty" the moment I found out that so much background info on him was scrubbed from the internet, and how the MM went out of its way to portray a sweet, innocent image of him. Common sense should tell most people, that someone was very interested in hiding unflattering and unseemly things about Martin's short life. (This accounts for the delay also between the time he was shot and about 3.5 weeks later when someone decided to make the shooting a big story. The time was needed to scrub and, of course, for the parents to get a hold of a civil rights attorney.)
Everything I have learned indicates that this was a very troubled young man.

He lacked self-esteem and self-respect by referring to himself as "niggar".

He was a product of a broken home.

He was attracted to physical violence like a fly to manure.

He was very much involved and fascinated with the drug culture, and no doubt was a user and quite possibly a dealer, as well.

And the language he used on FB seems to indicate he was equally enthralled with the "gangsta" culture.

His autopsy tested positive for drug use. Toxicology report, however, still pending.

He was constantly in trouble at school having been suspended five times.

He was suspected of theft.

As Job would have said about Martin, this man was "born for trouble" (Job 5:7). This kind of profile of a young, immature black adolescent suggests to me that Martin could have indeed been the aggressor with Zimm, as Zimm has claimed. Remember: the autopsy report showed Martin's knuckles bruised and banged up, whereas Zimm had no such signs on his fists. This fact, too, supports Zimm's story. If Zimm had launched an attack on Martin, are we to believe that Zimm didn't even land so much as one good punch!? But on the other hand, if Martin had "suckered punched", blindsided or ambushed Zimm, one punch could have have knocked Zimm to the ground and account for how he got so beaten up.

All of this isn't to say that Zimm was a perfect human being either. But Zimm's life was a lot more together, and he often involved himself with people in a good way-- with trying to help people. Conversely, Martin's involvement with people seemed to frequently come at the end of his fists, getting himself into other kinds of trouble which made other peoples' lives miserable, or when possibly dealing drugs to people or trading notes with other druggies on FB on how to get the best highs, etc.

In short, Martin was probably not the kind of guy to cut his losses and just walk away from potential trouble -- as he could have done if he had just continued on home after visual contact had been lost between him and Zimm. His deep involvement quite possibly in the gangsta culture and very likely in the drug culture, and the strong influence these things would have exerted upon his mind, and probably his disdain for authority, as well, would have pressed upon him to confront the white man who had been following him. And that choice HE made proved to be fatal, if this is how it went down.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #1189
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
You tell me to take a deep breath and then go off on a rant that would make even the most longwinded blowhard jealous. How rich.

Get some help. Sooner than later.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #1190
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
You tell me to take a deep breath and then go off on a rant that would make even the most longwinded blowhard jealous. How rich.

Get some help. Sooner than later.
Yeah, and you talk about "rich"! You tell me I need help when I've been pretty much on target with this case from the beginning? Methinks you have been sippin' on one too many cocktails. They have caught up to you.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #1191
Let's Roll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yeah, and you talk about "rich"! You tell me I need help when I've been pretty much on target with this case from the beginning? Methinks you have been sippin' on one too many cocktails. They have caught up to you.

Boxcar
"On target" ? You qualified as markman a long time ago on this one, Boxcar.You brought out a few things here lately that I had not heard about anywhere else, big thanks from me on all that
Let's Roll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #1192
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yeah, and you talk about "rich"! You tell me I need help when I've been pretty much on target with this case from the beginning? Methinks you have been sippin' on one too many cocktails. They have caught up to you.

Boxcar
Methinks a drink or two might help you. Might (and it's a big reach) actually make you seem human...sort of.

Certainly can't hurt.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #1193
Robert Fischer
clean money
 
Robert Fischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 22,144
Can't we all... just get along!?
__________________
Preparation. Discipline. Patience. Decisiveness.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #1194
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's Roll
"On target" ? You qualified as markman a long time ago on this one, Boxcar.You brought out a few things here lately that I had not heard about anywhere else, big thanks from me on all that
You're as clueless as they come. The only thing you paraded out here for all to see is your viscerally-generated ignorance. The diff between you and me is that you've been behind the eight ball from day one on this case, whereas I have been out in front of the curve from the beginning and have never looked back.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #1195
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Methinks a drink or two might help you. Might (and it's a big reach) actually make you seem human...sort of.

Certainly can't hurt.
What you're drinkin' certainly would. You're living proof of its disastrous effects.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #1196
Dahoss9698
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
What you're drinkin' certainly would. You're living proof of its disastrous effects.

Boxcar
And you are living proof of the disastrous effects of being afraid of everything that is different from you. It makes you say crazy things, while hiding behind your book.

Embarrassing really....
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #1197
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
And you are living proof of the disastrous effects of being afraid of everything that is different from you. It makes you say crazy things, while hiding behind your book.

Embarrassing really....
Have you never read that perfect love knows no fear (1Jn 4:18)? But you on the other hand will be both embarrassed and filled with terror if you don't find a way to overcome your Christophobia before your appointed day to die.

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #1198
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 77,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Fine...a 17 year old adult. Either way, he was 17 and is now dead. Who cares if he's called a kid or adult?

I never said he was gunned down for no reason and I certainly didn't say Zimmerman wasn't arrested because Trayvon is black. The race card didn't get entered into the equation until Sharpton and Jackson got involved. That drew in the crazies from both sides. I said Zimmerman was overzealous (my opinion) and because of it, a 17 year old is dead.

Maybe I'm wrong and Martin was the aggressor. But that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

My point was Boxhair is (really) involved in this because of Trayvon's race. Do I need to remind people that Boxhair was trying to suggest the skittles Trayvon bought (which we saw on video) was made up and the skittles was a slang drug reference? He's grasping at straws and throwing as much shit against the wall hoping some sticks as possible.
Can't really disagree with anything you wrote above...and a whole lot of people are involved in this because of Trayvon's race...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #1199
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 49,162
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/nbc_...E8sU8FLDxAvHyJ

Zimmerman sues
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #1200
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 44,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
I'm sure he could use the money, much to the chagrin of NBC that doesn't appear to have a leg upon to which to stand. How ironic!

Boxcar
__________________
Consistent profits can only be made on the basis of analysis that is far from obvious to the majority. - anonymous guru
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.