Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
As the Good Book predicted:

2 Tim 3:1-4
3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
NASB

I think that pretty much sums of the condition of the world, generally, and our nation even more specifically.

May the God of all mercy comfort the survivors.

It is amazing some things written a couple thousand years ago sound like they could have been written yesterday.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I can't argue with any of that, it could possibly be a little bit of everything you mentioned plus a few other things. When mass shootings were rare every other kid was not diagnosed with a mental disorder and medicated. Boys were not coddled, if a boy came home crying he was picked on his dad would teach him how to fight and tell him most bullies are cowards, and will move on if you fight back. Also kids got ass whippings back when mass shootings were rare.
Oh, I forgot....EVERYONE IS OVER-MEDICATED THESE DAYS...or seems like it...especially KIDS and TEENS and YOUNG ADULTS...

That's another PROBLEM.

The drug companies LOVE it though...

And yeah, I got my ass kicked too when I fucked up...back when your parents were allowed to kick your ass. They really need to bring that back.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:13 PM   #18
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
I can't argue with any of that, it could possibly be a little bit of everything you mentioned plus a few other things. When mass shootings were rare every other kid was not diagnosed with a mental disorder and medicated. Boys were not coddled, if a boy came home crying he was picked on his dad would teach him how to fight and tell him most bullies are cowards, and will move on if you fight back. Also kids got ass whippings back when mass shootings were rare.

I have a story about teaching a kid how to fight, it is a long read, might tell it
later. My dad had a closet full of guns and ammo, unlocked. He taught me how to shoot at 7, I was advanced as a child. I was also left alone for long periods of time. I was told I was never to touch or shoot a gun without adult

supervision, we lived in the desert you could shot all over the place.

There is no way in hell I would ever entertain the thought of going in that closet, as I would have got the world's biggest ass whipping, and had no birthday's, Christmas presents till I moved out. I was way more afraid of my parents than the police. I could imagine the crap I would have pulled if I just got a timeout.
Completely agree with this.

I was raised the same way along with about 98% of the kids from my generation.

Our parents did everything in their power to teach us right from wrong. And if that meant the occasional spanking that involved a belt when we really fucked up: So be it.

Imo, today's parents... not so much.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 05-24-2022 at 06:22 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 06:23 PM   #19
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
There is a complete lack of respect for human life today.
It is truly every man for himself. In the workplace, a lot of communities, the country, and the world. Everyone is selfish.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 06:30 PM   #20
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Salvador Ramos is the shooter. Probably won't be much of a news story for those cable networks.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 06:41 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Completely agree with this.

I was raised the same way along with about 98% of the kids from my generation.

Our parents did everything in their power to teach us right from wrong.

Imo, today's parents... not so much.

-jp

It seems parents now a days just make excuses for their kid's misdoings. I also see a shift away from the old "man of the house" to "woman of the house". I have had a few friends over the last couple that to put it nicely were henpecked. For the record I have no children, my only wife had 3 miscarriages and that was pre internet days so I had no idea her response to what was happening was normal, and I thought she had went nuts.
Old 05-24-2022, 06:57 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner View Post
It is truly every man for himself. In the workplace, a lot of communities, the country, and the world. Everyone is selfish.

Please don't brand me with that label, but I know what you are talking about.
I have been self employed for almost the last 30 years, I always shared my knowledge with fellow employees, when I worked for others, as I wasn't afraid they were going to take my job. I am doing much better now with medication for heart failure, but when I was first being treated I could not walk 100 feet without needing to stop to catch my breath. Even then I would walk ahead and get the door for people in wheelchairs or walking with crutches or canes.

My liberal girlfriend never seems to see the nice things I do, just my evil side

because I am a Republican. I remember a time at Niagara Falls a lady in a wheelchair was stuck on a berm, the heat was nasty and with heart failure I was tired, but I still managed to walk over and push her over it. My girlfriend sat on a bench oblivious to the whole thing. She doesn't see any good in me
only what she thinks is bad.

No need to go on, F**K liberals and Let's go Brandon!
Old 05-24-2022, 07:17 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Salvador Ramos is the shooter. Probably won't be much of a news story for those cable networks.
I suspect you are 100% correct.

Attached is my home page from MSN.COM after I JUST NOW logged out of their email program (certain items were redacted for privacy reasons because some of you are maniacs)...

Notice this shooting takes up almost ZERO space on their page...PUTIN and UKRAINE and even MARJORIE TAYLOR GREENE apparently are more important then 14 kids and 1 teacher being murdered. I had to draw an arrow so you could find the link to the story about the shooting.

THIS WAS FIRST REPORTED 6 HOURS AGO...and that's all they are giving it on their page?

That kind of tells you all you need to know about this disgusting institution we know as the Mainstream Media here in the USA:

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-05-24 191324.gif (298.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-24-2022 at 07:19 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 07:46 PM   #24
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Please don't brand me with that label, but I know what you are talking about.
I have been self employed for almost the last 30 years, I always shared my knowledge with fellow employees, when I worked for others, as I wasn't afraid they were going to take my job. I am doing much better now with medication for heart failure, but when I was first being treated I could not walk 100 feet without needing to stop to catch my breath. Even then I would walk ahead and get the door for people in wheelchairs or walking with crutches or canes.

My liberal girlfriend never seems to see the nice things I do, just my evil side

because I am a Republican. I remember a time at Niagara Falls a lady in a wheelchair was stuck on a berm, the heat was nasty and with heart failure I was tired, but I still managed to walk over and push her over it. My girlfriend sat on a bench oblivious to the whole thing. She doesn't see any good in me

No need to go on, F**K liberals and Let's go Brandon!
You need a different girlfriend.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 08:07 PM   #25
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
honest to God, I've been thinking more and more lately about how the Bible is kinda nailing this whole thing as it goes down...
I'm convinced of one of two possibilities.

1. There is a God and much of the Bible is correct. In it, God revealed how we should live our lives to produce the best possible results. Maybe there are some translation and interpretations errors, some things might have been lost over the centuries etc.. but it's mostly right.

2. Thousands of years ago the very smartest men observed the world and saw the behaviors, values, attitudes etc.. that worked well and lead to good results for their society and what lead to conflict, disease, poverty, war, violence, mayhem, crime, illegitimacy etc.. Then they made rules to help produce the best possible results and called the rest "sin".

Our society dismisses the rules. Now we are getting the results we should have expected.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-24-2022 at 08:10 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 08:12 PM   #26
lamboguy

the guy doing the news on CNBC has only had this story on for the full hour without commercials, now he is running into Shark Tank, which probably won't be on tonight.

i watch Shark Tank all the time, its the only TV i watch other than horse racing and financial news.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan' View Post
You need a different girlfriend.

I think she is God's punishment for my previous transgressions against women, and I need to take my punishment, like a man. For the record I have never raised a hand to a woman. I have cheated a few times in the past, but most of my transgressions revolved around poker games and going to the track.
Old 05-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #28
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:

She's your girlfriend so she must see some good in you, or she's adding a teaspoon full of sweet anti-freeze to you morning coffee.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:18 PM   #29
wisconsin

Nice healing opportunity wasted by useless guy in the White House. What a dick.
Old 05-24-2022, 09:35 PM   #30
Fred Mertz

This kid is evil Period.
Fred Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply