Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2022, 10:05 PM   #1
PalaceOfFortLarned

2022 Derby Breadown

Mo Donegal: 3rd in cycle, ran a monster last out. Bested Zandon when put to the test. Needs to likely pass at least 12 horses.

Happy Jack: O'Neill will enter anybody. So far back from his West Coast counterparts incredible to include in anything.

Epicenter: Should be favored. Last 2 deserve him the chalk, but undoubtedly can be beat.

Summer Is Tomorrow: Speed horse from across the pond? Can a front runner from nowhere win this? This isn't Mendolssohn.

Smile Happy:
Never ran a bad race. 2 months ago this was one of the favorites. Favored over Epicenter and Zandon in his last two. And now he'll be 20/1 or more?

: Messier: As solid of a back race composition of any in the field. 6 (3-3-0) is the right stuff. Authentic comparison for me is hard to get past.

Crown Pride: The supposed 'true' Japanese invader. The UAE invaders have gotten much better in recent years. Marche Lorraine in the BC showed as much. Tossing bullets in works. Massive player IMO.

Charge It: Improving sort that could spike. Numbers fit massively with the field. Works have been brilliant. FL Derby can be excuse a bit with the greeness. Can he run straight when it matters?

Tiz the Bomb: Son of the BC Juvy Turf winner nearly got it done himself. Has won on all 3 surfaces. Already have a $1M in the bank for his owners. Serious contender if it isn't wet IMO.

: Zandon: Steadily improving colt that ran as good a prep in his last out as anybody. Likely Chad Brown's best entry to burst his KD cherry. Deserves massive respect.

Pioneer of Medina: Kick him if you dare, he is training as good as anybody on the strip. Hasn't beat anybody in the field, but could dirty up exotics.

Taiba: We all have one simple question. Can he be great beyond his experience? Everybodies numbers have him #1. Everybody is scared of the freak. THIS is the freak.

Simplification: Hasn't done a lot wrong. Deserves to be here. Horse fights. I really have nothing bad to say other than he doesn't win more than half his races to date.

Barber Road: Fighter. Can't see any way he'll win, but can be an exotics filler.

White Abarrio: I think he blew his junk in the Florida Derby. And there is nothing wrong with that. A G1 win is a G1 win. I'll have on the back end of tickets but not in the EX.

Cyberknife: Secret Oath has to move him forward. Improving 3YOs are dangerous. That is exactly this guy. He is primed and ready for a huge effort.

Classic Causeway: 2 months ago, he was one of the favs. Terrible Florida Derby and works have been bad.

Tawny Port: Been beat by everybody. Clunker for back end exotics.

: Zozos: Training great coming in. Unless a huge push, will not be on the lead. Then what? Numbers are good enough.

Rich Strike: Not sure he can win if every other horse falls down.

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 05-06-2022 at 10:13 PM.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2022, 11:31 PM   #2
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Crown Pride: The supposed 'true' Japanese invader. The UAE invaders have gotten much better in recent years. Marche Lorraine in the BC showed as much. Tossing bullets in works. Massive player IMO.
more bread, plz

i have to give a spanky. it's a derby tradition

when one of the uae horses actually finishes at least 3rd one yr i will consider not doing it the following year.

it's the works that usually gets them hooked

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 05-06-2022 at 11:33 PM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply