Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-04-2022, 11:05 AM   #61
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
yep and its getting bad, I have to idle truck to stay warm, cool, cook, keep parking lights on so someone does not hit me cause they cant see me and then sue me (even at a truck stop) then I usually run about 80mph that takes lots of fuel, its getting bad out here. started today on a 34 hr clock reset, when starting back up will keep fuel reciepts for 1 week and mileage then post on here how much was spent on fuel.

Do you drive in state or all over the country? I always wondered at what speed the revenue collectors with their speed guns will stop you. I just go 5mph over here in Virginia. The State Police doesn't patrol here they lay in wait with speed guns, here anything over 80mph is reckless driving with a 70mph max, maybe those are the only people getting stopped on the interstates.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2022, 02:49 PM   #62
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Do you drive in state or all over the country? I always wondered at what speed the revenue collectors with their speed guns will stop you. I just go 5mph over here in Virginia. The State Police doesn't patrol here they lay in wait with speed guns, here anything over 80mph is reckless driving with a 70mph max, maybe those are the only people getting stopped on the interstates.

all lower 48 states, however mostly try to stay in southwest or western 11.

got speeding ticket in arlington tx 68 in a 55 lol construction zone were they are working between east and west I 30 all lanes were open cost like 230. just got a speeding in oklahoma 73 in a 65 going to call court to keep it off my record. most everywhere if you stay within 5 mph over they wont stop you, know exactly the king your talking about that try to hide then catch you speeding. usually go 80 mph when speed limit is 70 , do know where most of them sit in the west lol
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2022, 03:30 PM   #63
Inner Dirt

Quote:

got speeding ticket in arlington tx 68 in a 55 lol construction zone were they are working between east and west I 30 all lanes were open cost like 230. just got a speeding in oklahoma 73 in a 65 going to call court to keep it off my record. most everywhere if you stay within 5 mph over they wont stop you, know exactly the king your talking about that try to hide then catch you speeding. usually go 80 mph when speed limit is 70 , do know where most of them sit in the west lol

I did not escape California, where I was born in 1961 till 2011, but up until that time the CHP did not use radar/lidar all you needed was a keen eye and you would not get a ticket, unless you got caught by the eye in the sky.
As for the eye in the sky those areas were obvious with the fat white lines on
the shoulder, aka timing marks. I unfortunately learned that lesson the hard way. A CHP pulled me over on the way to Las Vegas from Riverside. I said no way in hell you clocked me as I slowed down when I saw another car and he was a mile behind. He said the airplane got me.

I got a speeding ticket in Oklahoma, for doing 83 towing a trailer on I-40 at 2am when it was deserted, I forget what town I was passing through. It was a speed gun cop in the median. I never paid it, that was 12 years ago. I am probably still a wanted man there. I will just avoid OK when I take any future cross country trips. It had no effect on my DL or car insurance, ha,ha,ha.
Old 05-04-2022, 03:55 PM   #64
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Keep on Truckin! I am guessing you are an owner operator that has never been through my second home of Virginia. I think in this day and age your job is more challenging than ever. You have to deal with inattentive drivers that are more common than ever with cell phones these days. Top that with the idiot that will cut off a truck to move up in a traffic jam to gain 30 yards, not realizing a loaded big rig can't stop on a dime. Add to that the revenue collectors laying in wait.

If you ever roll through Virginia they seem to be just looking to snag 81+ on the interstate and don't enforce the construction zone speed limits. It could be because there are not any places to lay in wait in the construction zones.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 05-04-2022 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2022, 07:19 PM   #65
davew

Quote:
As for the eye in the sky those areas were obvious with the fat white lines on
the shoulder, aka timing marks. I unfortunately learned that lesson the hard way. A CHP pulled me over on the way to Las Vegas from Riverside. I said no way in hell you clocked me as I slowed down when I saw another car and he was a mile behind. He said the airplane got me.
That was the same stretch I got my last speeding ticket about 40 years ago. It was not the airplane but the cop following a ways back. He said there were 2 of us going about the same speed and I pulled away from the other. The cop said if you go with the flow and do not pass everybody, you will probably be fine, and was worked for me since.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2022, 07:45 PM   #66
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Keep on Truckin! I am guessing you are an owner operator that has never been through my second home of Virginia. I think in this day and age your job is more challenging than ever. You have to deal with inattentive drivers that are more common than ever with cell phones these days. Top that with the idiot that will cut off a truck to move up in a traffic jam to gain 30 yards, not realizing a loaded big rig can't stop on a dime. Add to that the revenue collectors laying in wait.

If you ever roll through Virginia they seem to be just looking to snag 81+ on the interstate and don't enforce the construction zone speed limits. It could be because there are not any places to lay in wait in the construction zones.

I have been through Virginia , use to do east coast all the time, would run from chicago land/michigan to south east or south central MS,LA,AL got tired of all the traffic and no where to park. running west from chicago land, not many metro to go through and once you get past amarillo there is parking everywhere. Yes the job is more challenging then ever and these idiots want to sue you for anything when it is clearly their fault. They did a study when there was no cars on road during the early covid shutdown and guess what very limited accidents, that proves whos fault most these accidents involving trucks is. i drive for owner of this truck and run it like its mine. Yes I will keep truckin, its a love hate relationship lol its good to be gone from home for some time usually 3 or 4 weeks then home for entire week at a time, it keeps the relationship good to have needed space lol, but at times you just want to shut it down and go home lol then while home you get that feeling like the road is calling you back lol.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 PM   #67
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
We are probably on our way to a recession accompanied by inflation with the potential for this market correction to turn into a severe bear market. In other words, this could be economic hell.

It's all courtesy of delusional economic illiterates on the left headed by a total has been that at his peak couldn't understand what's going on.

What a country!

Biden was such a mediocrity as his peak and is so washed now if he was a horse Old Friends wouldn't take him.
Biden thinks he can do stagflation better than Jimmy Carter.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2022, 09:09 PM   #68
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
I have been through Virginia , use to do east coast all the time, would run from chicago land/michigan to south east or south central MS,LA,AL got tired of all the traffic and no where to park. running west from chicago land, not many metro to go through and once you get past amarillo there is parking everywhere. Yes the job is more challenging then ever and these idiots want to sue you for anything when it is clearly their fault. They did a study when there was no cars on road during the early covid shutdown and guess what very limited accidents, that proves whos fault most these accidents involving trucks is. i drive for owner of this truck and run it like its mine. Yes I will keep truckin, its a love hate relationship lol its good to be gone from home for some time usually 3 or 4 weeks then home for entire week at a time, it keeps the relationship good to have needed space lol, but at times you just want to shut it down and go home lol then while home you get that feeling like the road is calling you back lol.

also ran in jersey, ny , up to maine
Old 05-04-2022, 09:45 PM   #69
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I spent a 2 week training hitch with the CHP in around 1983 I think.

They did not have radar. We only used the airplane once in 2 weeks.

The officers said the trucking lobby kept the legislature from allowing radar. They also claimed that environmentalist believed the radar guns caused cancer and hurt the environment. All that equaled no radar.

They have plenty of ways to “clock” cars without radar. Some you would never recognize. From overpass markings to those painted marks on the roads. Many officers also carried stop watches. Made it very easy……….

I once used a CHP technique in Ohio. It involved using an overpass and a “certified” car with “certified cruise control”

I had to explain the method in court when I clocked a drunk driver at 88 mph on the freeway one late night while working in Ohio years later. He brought an attorney to court who promised he would get the speed violation thrown out, therefore probable cause, and his client off the hook.

After I explained the method (really pretty simple) the judge ruled for our side and the guy plead guilty. But I had to stand in court and present the CHP pamphlet on how it works and where I learned it. The prosecutor told me to never do it again…….
Old 05-05-2022, 08:31 AM   #70
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Biden thinks he can do stagflation better than Jimmy Carter.
Old 05-05-2022, 10:17 AM   #71
biggestal99

since this thread is about GDP.

the advanced forecast was indeed 1.4% GROWTH for the 1q2022 was slightly disappointing. i follow the atlanta fed website and indeed i knew it would NOT be a gangbuster. Better things are upcoming however in the 2nd quarter.

https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

2.2% as of right now. thats not stellar growth but it sure beats 1.4%.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #72
mrhorseplayer

[QUOTE=Tom;2802443][/QUOT

Old 05-05-2022, 04:53 PM   #73
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
since this thread is about GDP.

the advanced forecast was indeed 1.4% GROWTH for the 1q2022 was slightly disappointing. i follow the atlanta fed website and indeed i knew it would NOT be a gangbuster. Better things are upcoming however in the 2nd quarter.

https://www.atlantafed.org/cqer/research/gdpnow

2.2% as of right now. thats not stellar growth but it sure beats 1.4%.

Allan
A lot of things contributed to that 1.4% decline. Things that are not true anymore. In my opinion, the further we get from the pandemic and lockdowns the better it will be.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:01 PM   #74
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Imagine thinking the effects from the lockdowns and COVID are NOT going to be having a GREATER impact as time marches on...

Wrap your head around how much $$$$$ was thrown away by the US Gov't to pay for your lockdowns....

Then add to that the $$$ being currently thrown away in Ukraine.

Then add to that we were ALREADY well into inflation before Ukraine...

Then add to that the fact that the Fed really has no way to fight back, and is already restricting itself to placate the markets (won't raise by more than .5 at each meeting...market was worried a .75 raise was coming)...

Add all that up and tell me how things are going to get better the further away we get from COVID and lockdowns....

COVID and LOCKDOWNS will be wrecking this country (more than it was already wrecked) for A LONG ASS TIME.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-05-2022 at 05:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #75
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Fucking brilliant!!!
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply