Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-28-2022, 11:24 AM   #46
alhattab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Bottom line......If you have a decent odds line


Get your price early !!!


if need to when race comes up ....adjust
They just started using another monitor to show the future races, but you can ask the tellers if you are looking for future prices. As Allan said once the app is going it will be much easier to look ahead whether you are on track or elsewhere.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 12:08 PM   #47
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
They just started using another monitor to show the future races, but you can ask the tellers if you are looking for future prices. As Allan said once the app is going it will be much easier to look ahead whether you are on track or elsewhere.
thxs al....

keep us abreast on how things are going for you......
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 04:09 PM   #48
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 15,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
what would you call getting 16-1 on a 6-1 shot?

Allan
So, all the winners pay higher odds, then?

You're hand-picking the winners, right?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 05:54 AM   #49
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
So, all the winners pay higher odds, then?

You're hand-picking the winners, right?
70% of the time so far. fixed odds beat Pari mutual. so 30% of the time the opposite occurs. i saw a good example of the latter in the Second race last saturday as a hot fav was bet down to 1-5 and winners odds went off at 18-1 on the tote. paid 11-1 on fixed odds. chalkie went off at evens on fixed odds. score one for the tote. fixed odds is NOT the the end all, be all. just a good betting option for straight bettors. i like it.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 07:53 AM   #50
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
70% of the time so far. fixed odds beat Pari mutual. so 30% of the time the opposite occurs. i saw a good example of the latter in the Second race last saturday as a hot fav was bet down to 1-5 and winners odds went off at 18-1 on the tote. paid 11-1 on fixed odds. chalkie went off at evens on fixed odds. score one for the tote. fixed odds is NOT the the end all, be all. just a good betting option for straight bettors. i like it.

Allan
Your scenario above will happen a few times but not many....

You need to have a plan , I suggest:

1) ML odds 10-1 and above , wait till live race and see which is better odds...

2) Low odds Grinders...Bet early and get over even money

3) You best chances will be the range of 4-8 to one horses...

if you deem the favorite bad , you'll get value on any of these horses..bet early

Mike
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 08:23 AM   #51
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 15,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
70% of the time so far. fixed odds beat Pari mutual. so 30% of the time the opposite occurs. i saw a good example of the latter in the Second race last saturday as a hot fav was bet down to 1-5 and winners odds went off at 18-1 on the tote. paid 11-1 on fixed odds. chalkie went off at evens on fixed odds. score one for the tote. fixed odds is NOT the the end all, be all. just a good betting option for straight bettors. i like it.

Allan
How large is your sample size or is that an anecdotal comment?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 02:50 PM   #52
biggestal99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 4,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
How large is your sample size or is that an anecdotal comment?
31 races, its in the link i posted.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 04:54 PM   #53
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
on my way back from monmouth.

here is my take.

1. tellers taking forever to punch tickets. 10wp on 2. how hard is that to punch.

2. prices were fantastic. prolly a mistake that i got 16-1 on 2 horse in the 6th.

overall i was glad to have an option to lock in the price liked.

will be glad when i can write my own tickets on line.

Allan
Does anyone have todays fixed odds when the windows opened at 12??

Thxs

Mike
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #54
alhattab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,120
In case you weren’t aware, the fixed odds prices are here. Posted I believe 24 hours in advance. Prices are up for 6/4 and 6/5

https://monmouthbets.com/racing/all/2022-06-04
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 09:27 AM   #55
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
In case you weren’t aware, the fixed odds prices are here. Posted I believe 24 hours in advance. Prices are up for 6/4 and 6/5

https://monmouthbets.com/racing/all/2022-06-04
EXCELLANT!!!!

So there's Fixed odds on Win & Place....nice


Great site...now need tp figure out my "early" bets


Too bad I can't get em in.....unless theres a book out there for NY residents

thxs AL
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 09:45 AM   #56
alhattab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
EXCELLANT!!!!

So there's Fixed odds on Win & Place....nice


Great site...now need tp figure out my "early" bets


Too bad I can't get em in.....unless theres a book out there for NY residents

thxs AL
Welcome. Note price on Hollendorfer FTS in 4th (the 1)
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #57
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Welcome. Note price on Hollendorfer FTS in 4th (the 1)
i can't get your odds, but i imagine that those odds are pretty low, his horses have all been training well.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 10:05 AM   #58
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Welcome. Note price on Hollendorfer FTS in 4th (the 1)
Yeah Al.....

But I hate when there's 2 horses in race with the same trainer and not coupled..(1-4)

I see ...1-4-5-8 all with decent breeding

mike

The 1 horse I'll pass with those low odds (1.7) and the rail
but the 5 & 8 might be a play

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 06-04-2022 at 10:08 AM.
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #59
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
MTH Race 8....I find the 7 beatable.....


Will go with 5 ( 3.90 )

Race 12.....

I like the 5 but fixed odds at 7 ...horses ML is 10...

Might have to wait till live race

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 06-04-2022 at 11:06 AM.
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 11:25 AM   #60
geroge.burns99
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,393
Race 2......2 geting early money...

Like the 6 too
geroge.burns99 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.