Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #331
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The AR is a relatively compact weapon for a rifle... making it ergonomically easier to handle and carry close to your body in tight confined areas. With a strap attached and adjusted properly it make retention if needed much more secure for the carrier. Recoil is minimal making controlled follow up shot quicker. These attribute make it an excellent choice for home defense and why many females like them.

Why is it the weapon of choice used by sick fucks... Media... Politicians...Demonize them. Video Games have made them sexy. Would be my guess.

True, but wouldn't a 9mm pistol and four 50 round drums be easier to conceal and spray bullets at close range than any rifle? Since most of these school shooter types are the nerd dorky types I bet what they see in video games
carries a lot of weight.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 10:33 PM   #332
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
The AR is a relatively compact weapon for a rifle... making it ergonomically easier to handle and carry close to your body in tight confined areas. With a strap attached and adjusted properly it make retention if needed much more secure for the carrier. Recoil is minimal making controlled follow up shot quicker. These attribute make it an excellent choice for home defense and why many females like them.

Why is it the weapon of choice used by sick fucks... Media... Politicians...Demonize them. Video Games have made them sexy. Would be my guess.
I carried one of these every day for 2 years while in the Air Force.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2021/12/...ini-m16-rifle/

I’m not sure if you can buy something similar today. I’m just not that into the AR stuff. The above would be my choice for security work in just about any environment today. I own some nice shotguns (semi auto and pump action) and for just any all around defensive or offensive posture you can do a crap load of damage with the shotguns available today.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:39 PM   #333
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm a addict.

I own lots of guns.

By this metric I'm also a felon... its fucking stupid.

Move on to solutions.
I think that you like to bend the conversation, one becomes a felon only after committing a felony. People who listen to you are stupid, righteous and law abiding is a easy path to follow.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 11:28 PM   #334
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
True, but wouldn't a 9mm pistol and four 50 round drums be easier to conceal and spray bullets at close range than any rifle?
One 50 round drum for a pistol (rare and costly) would be bigger than the pistol. With four of them, you would look like you were shop lifting. And I would not put a lot of confidence in the reliability of that set up to function.

If you can't get the job done with a good pistol and 2 standard magazines, you are in over your head and you need to beat feet.
Old 05-27-2022, 11:47 PM   #335
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
One 50 round drum for a pistol (rare and costly) would be bigger than the pistol. With four of them, you would look like you were shop lifting. And I would not put a lot of confidence in the reliability of that set up to function.

If you can't get the job done with a good pistol and 2 standard magazines, you are in over your head and you need to beat feet.

Are you claiming a rifle is easier to conceal than a 9mm and 4 drums? The price
of a 50 round or 100 round drum depends on the popularity of the gun they are made for and how many people are making them. Do you consider in stock and $69.97 each rare and costly?

Here you go: https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/sear...s&lang=default

Unlike the anti gun crowd I don't just pull things out of my ass.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 05:22 AM   #336
mrhorseplayer

Would think that a 50 round drum on a pistol could over heat the barrel and cause weapon to malfunction
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 07:54 AM   #337
Andy Asaro

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 05-28-2022 at 07:59 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 08:54 AM   #338
boxcar

Yupper, this stinks badly! A lot of things aren't adding up. I stated a couple of days ago that my sniffer is telling me this kid had an accomplice.

And why isn't this teacher who propped the door open minutes before Ramos was on the campus -- but even worse after seeing him toting the rifle on schools grounds left the door open -- being seriously grilled on the hot seat!? No charges being filed for criminal negligence?

And we gotta know that many of these so-called teachers in public schools are bona fide whack jobs, not fit to be within a 100 yards of any child. I just read a story about some teacher and a principal of an elementary school in KY (I believe it was) who grabbed some special needs boy by the ankles and dragged him through the hallway. The school board, thankfully, voted to fire at least the principal -- but there were two members who were very upset with that decision, trying to defend the undefensible.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:10 AM   #339
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Governor Abbott needs to de-certify the entire Uvalde Police Force immediately and place them under investigation.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:12 AM   #340
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2022, 09:40 AM   #341
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/20...illion-n472470

amazing donations from some famous people
Old 05-28-2022, 10:05 AM   #342
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Interesting thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...191186944.html

Just two years ago, a good number of people in this country not only hated the police, but demanded they be "defunded."

Now, two years later, they're demanding to know how the police response in Uvalde could have gone (apparently) so very wrong, and also (apparently) so very against their training (if the link above is accurate).
Old 05-28-2022, 10:11 AM   #343
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But an 18-year old is old enough to go into the military and die for his country, right? Old enough to drink? Old enough to drive? Old enough to be tried as an adult in a court of law?
Old enough to serve in a "well regulated" militia, yes.
This clown had a gun and a dead brain.

Does his right to own a gun trump the rights of 19 kids to live?
Old 05-28-2022, 10:35 AM   #344
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Old enough to serve in a "well regulated" militia, yes.
This clown had a gun and a dead brain.

Does his right to own a gun trump the rights of 19 kids to live?
No, it doesn't. But HIS abuse of his rights should not be the catalyst for the government to abuse the rights of the vast majority of gun owners who are law-abiding citizens.
Old 05-28-2022, 10:58 AM   #345
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
But an 18-year old is old enough to go into the military and die for his country, right? Old enough to drink? Old enough to drive? Old enough to be tried as an adult in a court of law?
Actually in most states they can't drink at 18. Like I said i have no issue with them having guns or hunting rifles. No one should have assault rifles.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: