Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #271
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

See Post #269

"You keep on knocking but you can't come in"
-Cheech
Old 05-27-2022, 01:09 PM   #272
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
He didn't elude all the cameras. I saw a still shot from a security camera showing him walking around outside with his rifle, posted within hours of the shooting.
But was anyone monitoring the cameras, and if so, what did they do?
Old 05-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #273
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Let's go back to Ralph's brilliant Norway bow-n-arrow analogy.
The guy was only able to kill five people. You've already agreed (I believe) that he would have killed more if he had had an AR-15.
It's not necessarily that limited access would prevent all murders, but it would surely bring the body count down.

You're right, we will never be able to stop every crazy man, but making him wait a few days before he gets a gun (maybe he will come to his senses or seek counseling), or limiting the firepower he can obtain, will SURELY save lives.

To argue otherwise is to be damned fool.
The guy in Norway claimed to be a Muslim convert. He was also quite insane if you read some of the things he was saying. No one was killed by the bow and arrow, the 5 people killed were slashed to death with a hunting knife. How do you know he would have wanted an AR-15? How do you know he could not get an AR-15 in Norway? They are legal, over 18 just like here. Sounds like he wanted to be up close and personal with his victims and his goal was not to kill as many as possible but to terrorize.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 01:14 PM   #274
mostpost

Quote:
Well, that kinda explains everything then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUm9KsLc05Y
Let’s talk about that exterminating Latinos remark. Here is Nicole’s exact quote. “ You now have a president, as you said, talking about exterminating Latinos,"

She was responding to a guest on her show who made the comment initially. Interesting that the video you posted deleted the words as you said.

While Trump may never have used the words exterminating Latinos-at least not in public-he has called the refuge crisis an infestation. It’s a very short drive from infestation to extermination.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:16 PM   #275
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
See Post #269

"You keep on knocking but you can't come in"
-Cheech
Just because you are in a thread dosen't mean others can't engage in intelligent conversations.

Your posts make everyone else look so much smarter.

Thank you, dumbass.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:19 PM   #276
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Tom wants my attention so bad

I already told him I don't converse with idiots, but he's too dumb to realize it and keeps quoting me & posing questions to me
Maybe you should follow your own advice and simmer down
Old 05-27-2022, 01:24 PM   #277
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
The guy in Norway claimed to be a Muslim convert. He was also quite insane if you read some of the things he was saying. No one was killed by the bow and arrow, the 5 people killed were slashed to death with a hunting knife. How do you know he would have wanted an AR-15? How do you know he could not get an AR-15 in Norway? They are legal, over 18 just like here. Sounds like he wanted to be up close and personal with his victims and his goal was not to kill as many as possible but to terrorize.

His history of mental illness would have prevented him from legally owning a semi-automatic rifle in Norway (according to what I've researched - I may be wrong).
Old 05-27-2022, 01:27 PM   #278
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Lots of failures apparently led to this tragic outcome:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/27/poli...-massacre.html

Quote:
Among the more stark revelations at the news conference:

A school resource officer was not already stationed at the school. When he arrived at the scene, he inadvertently passed the shooter, who was crouched down next to a car.

The back door of the school was propped open by a teacher. This is how the gunman made entry.

One desperate 911 call came from a little girl in a classroom the gunman stormed. “Please send the police now,” she said.

At least two children called 911 pleading for help. They survived the shooting, McCraw said.

McCraw said the on-scene commander believed “this was a barricaded subject situation” and did not think there were “more children at risk.”

Fifty-eight magazines were recovered. Three were on the shooter’s body, two were found in classroom 112 and six in classroom 111. Five others were found on the ground, and one was in the rifle the gunman wielded.

The shooter asked his sister to buy him a gun in September 2021 and she refused.

The gunman made several alarming posts on Instagram. In a group chat of four people in March, he made comments about buying a gun.

On March 14, he posted on Instagram “10 more days.” When a user asked if he was going to shoot up a school, he said: “No. Stop asking dumb questions and you’ll see.”
How much did this maniac spend on ammo alone? I thought ammo was very expensive these days, and kinda in short supply...apparently not...
Old 05-27-2022, 01:28 PM   #279
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Just because you are in a thread dosen't mean others can't engage in intelligent conversations.

Your posts make everyone else look so much smarter.

Thank you, dumbass.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #280
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Maybe you should follow your own advice and simmer down
This all began in the 'Be Proud...You're Using' thread when Tom came at my argument that the enablers are the drug users and took a shot at me.
I ignore him because he's nothing but a blow hard.
Then he kept quoting me and basically begging for my attention.
He's even more angry now because I won't respond to him.

HE'S the one who needs to simmer down. He's been screaming like a child on this site for 20yrs, maybe it's time to give it a rest.

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 05-27-2022 at 01:32 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 01:37 PM   #281
boxcar

Quote:
What a totally stupid reply.
What's you next moron idea, eliminate bail, let dangerous felons out of jail?

Oh, wait.......

Never mind.
Actually...POT has a point! You gotta give the devil his due. Perhaps the first valid argument he has ever made on this forum. This could be a breakthrough moment for him. But to his point which is valid because unwittingly he made a biblical argument!.

First laws serve two purposes: While they do serve to generally restrain evil they do so only to the extent that lawbreakers fear the punishment the law prescribes -- this punishment being their second purpose. Therefore, the deterring power of laws is limited; for laws cannot change man's essence, i.e. what we are naturally -- our, fallen, corrupt, sinful nature. But also laws are a two-edged sword, for they can actually have the opposite intended effect on us because they can stir up sinful passions in us which cause us to act out those desires. Classic example: Tell a kid that he can't have any of the cookies that are in the cookie jar sitting on the kitchen counter. (Be sure to count the cookies in the jar first. ) Then come back in a few hours or the next day and see if any are missing.

The apostle Paul said this about the Law of Moses, which God gave to Moses -- law, by the way that is perfectly holy, righteous and good:

Rom 7:7-12
7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet." 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of covetous desire. For apart from law, sin is dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.
NIV

And, again, Paul said:

1 Cor 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
NIV

So...should mankind ditch all its good laws!? God forbid! That would be akin to tossing the baby out with the wash water; for laws do restrain quite a bit of evil. But at the same time, we should recognize that laws will never, never change what we ARE by nature. And Jesus never taught that man's nature is good! Quite to the contrary, in fact.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:42 PM   #282
boxcar

Quote:
Lots of failures apparently led to this tragic outcome:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/27/poli...-massacre.html

How much did this maniac spend on ammo alone? I thought ammo was very expensive these days, and kinda in short supply...apparently not...
Good question! Ammo is very expensive! Where did this kid get the money? Where did he get the money to buy his weapons? Or did someone make gifts of these to him? If so, who?
Old 05-27-2022, 01:44 PM   #283
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Oh, you only support enforcing gun laws for some prople?
I'm a addict.

I own lots of guns.

By this metric I'm also a felon... its fucking stupid.

Move on to solutions.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:46 PM   #284
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I bought my guns many moons ago, as did my wife. I'm pretty sure we both went through background checks because the laws required it. So...what is the point, again, exactly for those "background checks come to a vote"?
If you don't understand the laws and how they work this probably isn't the discussion for you.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:47 PM   #285
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Let’s talk about that exterminating Latinos remark. Here is Nicole’s exact quote. “ You now have a president, as you said, talking about exterminating Latinos,"

She was responding to a guest on her show who made the comment initially. Interesting that the video you posted deleted the words as you said.

While Trump may never have used the words exterminating Latinos-at least not in public-he has called the refuge crisis an infestation. It’s a very short drive from infestation to extermination.
Only to the lame-brained.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: