Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-16-2019, 05:25 PM   #16
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Lights out opening round for Koepka.

Didn't think 63 was even remotely possible on that course.
Fleetwood 67. Not bad. Danny Lee???? 64?? wow
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2019, 11:01 PM   #17
MutuelClerk

Cantaly.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #18
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

63-65 for Koepka.
12 under par and new 36 hole major scoring record at Bethpage Black.

Crazy how good that is.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 07:59 PM   #19
Zydeco

Bad Fleetwood today. This what kills him. He always seems to play bad on Friday or Saturday. Ends up close , but his one bad day gets him.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #20
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
63-65 for Koepka.
12 under par and new 36 hole major scoring record at Bethpage Black.

Crazy how good that is.
Yes, and the lead story on si.com is that Tiger misses the cut. I knew that the Masters was a fluke; good story, but without the leader(s) collapsing he would have been an also ran there. I think fans should consider rooting for today's talent, not what once was. Just my opinion.
Old 05-18-2019, 12:14 AM   #21
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Yes, and the lead story on si.com is that Tiger misses the cut. I knew that the Masters was a fluke; good story, but without the leader(s) collapsing he would have been an also ran there. I think fans should consider rooting for today's talent, not what once was. Just my opinion.
Nonsense , not playing well at the PGA does not prove the Masters was a fluke. As if all Major winners always perform in the following Major. You do not win Majors on a fluke or by claiming the leaders simply collapsed without reason, pressure being a huge one.
Your not a fan, that is evident but Tiger moves the meter more than anyone and that is why he is always part of the story. Of course he is not what he once was on a consistent basis but I am sure you felt he would never win another Major prior to the Masters.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
MutuelClerk

Brooks Koepka reminds me of Ivan Drago. Is there a Rocky out there in the near future to take him on?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 01:32 PM   #23
AndyC

Quote:
Tiger has won 2 of his last 8 official PGA tour events. Would he need to win 4 of them not to be a fluke?
Old 05-21-2019, 02:31 PM   #24
headhawg
crusty old guy

I get it. You guys are in love with Woods. Fine. But I am so tired of getting my rep dinged by some asshat every time I voice my opinion. And when Tiger shoots like crap it's like crickets around here. Jack was the best. Tiger in his prime would probably have beaten him, but it's so hard to know when the current equipment practically hits the ball for these guys.
Old 05-21-2019, 03:39 PM   #25
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
I get it. You guys are in love with Woods. Fine. But I am so tired of getting my rep dinged by some asshat every time I voice my opinion. And when Tiger shoots like crap it's like crickets around here. Jack was the best. Tiger in his prime would probably have beaten him, but it's so hard to know when the current equipment practically hits the ball for these guys.
I am not a huge Tiger fan but more a fan of golf in general. Not interested in rep points or dinging anyone.
All pros have horrible rounds and long stretches of subpar play, look at Speith. Tiger changed the game and that is why he is usually mentioned by the media even when not in contention.
His haters never thought he would win another tournament let alone a Major. It is good for golf to have Tiger truly compete again.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2019, 05:11 PM   #26
AndyC

Quote:
If the equipment was the reason Tiger has won 81 PGA events wouldn't that equipment have helped all the other players too? Never have understood the logic behind that criticism of Tiger.
Old 05-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #27
headhawg
crusty old guy

If you actually understood what I posted I said you can't compare Jack with Tiger because they are from different eras. Geez...fk'ing Woods fans. Blind.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:12 PM   #28
AndyC

Quote:
If you actually understood what I posted I said you can't compare Jack with Tiger because they are from different eras. Geez...fk'ing Woods fans. Blind.
You can make comparisons based on relative dominance of each of their eras.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:45 AM   #29
incoming

Live streaming The Open all day at link: http://stream.golfchannel.com/ra-the...quee-group-rd2

Woods....Wallace.....Reed Tee off at 5:09 EST ....live coverage streaming
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: