Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Dear Trump & DeSantis supporters....this meme is for us

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 06-06-2023 at 10:22 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 10:42 AM   #2
fast4522

I hate to spoil the party but I do not think there are enough DeSantis supporters to make a difference. They are the Liz Cheney republicans, Jeb Bush's people are behind DeSantis and so far have exhibited the same low energy. In a nutshell this is how this thought is going to play out. It is not that Trump hijacked the republican party, it is more like it has changed forever. I am not saying believe me on this, but what I am saying is watch and see.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 10:45 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I hate to spoil the party but I do not think there are enough DeSantis supporters to make a difference. They are the Liz Cheney republicans, Jeb Bush's people are behind DeSantis and so far have exhibited the same low energy. In a nutshell this is how this thought is going to play out. It is not that Trump hijacked the republican party, it is more like it has changed forever. I am not saying believe me on this, but what I am saying is watch and see.
So, you completely ignore the point of my thread just to repeat yourself...again...weird.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:04 AM   #4
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So, you completely ignore the point of my thread just to repeat yourself...again...weird.
Look, once and for all. I understand about ballot harvesting, be that as it may it will not change the facts and who will win the primary election. It is just not going to happen. Everything you say I understand but you think I am someone who has to change, or you think the couple here who see this mess are going to follow your logic. It is the whole country, just sit back and take in the 18 months as they pass by. It is all that I can do anyway.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:14 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let me address this is plainly as possible.

The point isn't to win a primary.

The point is to WIN THE NATIONAL ELECTION
Old 06-06-2023, 11:19 AM   #6
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Let me address this is plainly as possible.

The point isn't to win a primary.

The point is to WIN THE NATIONAL ELECTION
Let me address the central discussion, the Liz Cheney / Jeb Bush faction are done. DeSantis supporters are the same people, establishment will be pissed on again.

Last edited by fast4522; 06-06-2023 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-06-2023, 11:37 AM   #7
fast4522

Here in New Hampshire we are getting ads from this every week in the mail:

As a member of Congress, DeSantis voted for three nonbinding budget proposals from the conservative Republican Study Committee in 2013, 2014 and 2015. The plans, which sought to balance the budget in four to six years instead of the 10 years proposed by Ryan, recommended transitioning Medicare to a premium support system for new beneficiaries and gradually raising the Medicare eligibility age to 67. On Social Security, it proposed similarly increasing the full retirement age to 70 and indexing it for life expectancy. And it sought to move to an alternative cost-of-living formula for Social Security called the “chained CPI,” which was expected to grow at a slower rate than the traditional Consumer Price Index (former President Barack Obama once proposed to do that as well).
Old 06-06-2023, 11:55 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
it proposed similarly increasing the full retirement age to 70 and indexing it for life expectancy. And it sought to move to an alternative cost-of-living formula for Social Security called the “chained CPI,” which was expected to grow at a slower rate than the traditional Consumer Price Index (former President Barack Obama once proposed to do that as well).

I would consider that misleading as in actuality waiting for 70 is where maximum benefits are at. Is that a PAC sending those mailers?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 12:01 PM   #9
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I would consider that misleading as in actuality waiting for 70 is where maximum benefits are at. Is that a PAC sending those mailers?
Yes it is a PAC sending these mailers. I did a google search and what I posted in # 7 was not from the PAC but in fact he made the votes none the less. The effects will speak for themselves.
Old 06-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump and Desantis can do nothing about the national elections.
The GOP needs be going gung-ho to adopt and encourage mail in voting.
They can't beat the dems by not using what has probed to bbe the key.

Trying to win without mail ballots is abut as likely to win as trying to beat the whales at the track.

Whining and crying about stolen elections is not a winning strategy.

And thr GOP nees to be laser focused on local elections, DAs, mayors, school boards.....that is how dems took over the country. That is how they will hold on to it, unless the GOP wakes up and gets off its' ass.
Old 06-06-2023, 05:47 PM   #11
classhandicapper

I think there are multiple issues being discussed here.

1. The democrats are going to be busy finding new ways to harvest votes while the republicans will be busy spending money fighting among themselves.

2. The republicans and democrats have both changed. They have basically flip flopped on several issues (blue collar workers/trade, free speech, supporting the IC, and war to name a few)

3. Who is most likely to win the republican primary battle and who is most likely to win a national election are two different things.

4. I personally do not think DeSantis is a Jeb Bush or RINO republican. I think he's being supported by those folks because they are so adamantly against Trump. They hate Trump.
Old 06-06-2023, 06:47 PM   #12
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The GOP needs be going gung-ho to adopt and encourage mail in voting.
They can't beat the dems by not using what has probed to bbe the key.

Trying to win without mail ballots is abut as likely to win as trying to beat the whales at the track.

...That is how they will hold on to it, unless the GOP wakes up and gets off its' ass.
I have very little faith in the RNC adapting to modern election strategy so long as the current chairwoman is in power. Mail-in voting should have been a priority before the mid-terms last year, and the GOP should also take advantage of ballot harvesting in the jurisdictions where it's legal.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:17 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

As usual, the GOP has no balls, no brains, ad are mostly prima donna azzholes.
Old 06-06-2023, 07:38 PM   #14
ElKabong

Quote:
Liz Cheney lost by about 70 pts, while DeSantis won by a landslide. You need to dial it back a mile or two
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2023, 07:53 PM   #15
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Liz Cheney lost by about 70 pts, while DeSantis won by a landslide. You need to dial it back a mile or two
No I do not, I understand who is who and without the never Trump element on a national level we are talking small percentages. That will become all to obvious when numbers that are good come out of Texas and yes Florida.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: