Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 05-24-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
Boomer

Fixed race at the Big M

https://harnesslink.com/usa/bongiorn...bIS88UrGE_p28A

At least one track and one owner Jeff Gural is protecting us.

This type of fix, which I not only saw live, I was also cheated on is the reason I stopped betting Yonkers 3 decades ago.

Joe Bongiorno, his sister and girlfriek should be banned from every track for life. Known bad family.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2023, 04:33 PM   #2
talcen

Quote:
Suspicion arose when the 6 to 5 favorite, JK Standingovation, driven by Joe Bongiorno, abandoned his tactics of last week, when he showed speed off the gate, and landed mid-pack early this week showing little thereafter during the remainder of the route.

this is extremely common in all racing, what about this instance would lead to a ban remains to be shown.

you could ban nearly every horse under something this vague; changing race tactics is not a ban worthy offense, sure sketchy though ...
talcen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2023, 05:02 PM   #3
Boomer

Horse in the 14 paid $30 to win and DD paid $20. With a provisional driver ( rookie) from post 10.

Price differential also part of the situation. That is with 20k in the dd pool.

Also Nicole Disconstanza is Joe B's girlfriend/fiance.

Last edited by Boomer; 05-24-2023 at 05:04 PM.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2023, 05:08 PM   #4
RunDustyRun

I hope the money they made off the double was worth it..
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2023, 01:19 AM   #5
talcen

that was quick ...

Meadowlands: Wagering investigation ...o, Di Costanzo

Quote:
In response to the complaints and in an effort to provide the level of integrity that gives the customer confidence, an investigation into betting patterns was conducted by examining information provided by tote on wagers placed on those races, both on site and remotely, including some bets that were cancelled.

The findings were that an unusually low-priced winner in the 13th race ($2.20 win) skewed the payoffs with wagering on the 14th race winner, Lyons Pride, consistent as the 4th favorite in both the win and Late Double pools.

The investigation was concluded revealing no wagering irregularities. As a result, the affected parties are welcome to participate beginning on Saturday, May 27.
talcen is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2023, 06:29 AM   #6
king kong

The Big M

Those drivers need a corkscrew to get into their pants there so crooked!!
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2023, 10:41 AM   #7
pandy

That was not a fixed race. The double paid low because one horse was 1-9 and the other horse was just an overlay in the win pool and had come off a monstrous lifetime best win the week before. Joe Bongiorno is without doubt one of the most hard trying drivers in the sport, he even tries to win from outside posts.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2023, 05:00 PM   #8
ucancallmemrlucky

My question is with the effort. Drivers are supposed to drive in a manner consistent with an effort to try to win every race, and it just didn't look that way to me. But that's what the judges are for.
ucancallmemrlucky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply