Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2023, 09:06 PM   #1
Gerard02

The Raise A Native Sire Line Rules Again

Somewhere, up in heaven, Stan Caris is smiling. Another of his RAN horse won the derby. While, Mage did not qualify on Rule 1, he was one of 7 remaining RAN horses. I had money on all of them from $2-$20. I placed $6 Win on the winner. Unfortunately, it was not enough as, my main horse, Angel of Empire could not get pastTwo Phil’s. After going over the results of past Derbies, I’ve noticed a pattern. If the RAN’s were simply wheeled with the field for the Exacta, triple and Super, they have paid a pretty penny. I may try this next year. The point system is good, too, but too many RAN’s have won and I’ve just collected an insurance wager. Either even or a slight loss. Stan’s book is an amazing tool to have in the handicappers tool box. What’s funny is, I made a mistake writing down the final fractions and gave Mage 10 points. Upon review, I saw my mistake and put a line through him, but I kept him in most of my wagers and used him in an exacta part wheel with my main horses that qualified on Rule 1. Angel of Empire ran a damned good race, but was 7 wide on the turn. That’s racing for ya. Another chop for me. You live and learn. Lick em, next year.
Gerard02 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
Fightingirish51195

Mage.

Not only is he a raise a native, he has buckpasser in the x, and I believe has rememberance in tail female.

He was one of the few out of the big preps that didn’t have the final fractions.

But if you look carefully he made a big move. He was always gaining on a quick pace. Honestly after the break I wasn’t sure he’d win. he got the pace help. That’s why I ignored the finals from him. I didn’t think it was a fair way to judge

Thanks again to checkmark for helping me stay loyal to this horse.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:37 AM   #3
Gerard02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightingirish51195 View Post
Not only is he a raise a native, he has buckpasser in the x, and I believe has rememberance in tail female.

He was one of the few out of the big preps that didn’t have the final fractions.

But if you look carefully he made a big move. He was always gaining on a quick pace. Honestly after the break I wasn’t sure he’d win. he got the pace help. That’s why I ignored the finals from him. I didn’t think it was a fair way to judge

Thanks again to checkmark for helping me stay loyal to this horse.
Yes. He did have all of the other qualities that originally gave him the 10 points. When I noticed my error, and out the line through him, I couldn’t just toss him from my wagers. He did finish a good second to Forte, and that had to mean something. I kept him in my bets, and almost scored that exacta. Lucky, I got something back and it wasn’t a total loss.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:40 AM   #4
Gerard02

I double checked Mage’s breeding. I did not see Buckpasser.
Old 05-07-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard02 View Post
I double checked Mage’s breeding. I did not see Buckpasser.
It’s there
Old 05-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #6
Gerard02

I must be blind. Where about a would I find it in the breeding?
Old 05-07-2023, 12:58 PM   #7
Bullet Plane

His sire is Good Magic. Look at Good Magic pedigree its on the dam side fifth generation.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2023, 04:25 PM   #8
Gerard02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
His sire is Good Magic. Look at Good Magic pedigree its on the dam side fifth generation.
Now, I see it. Thanks very much.
Old 05-07-2023, 04:31 PM   #9
Gerard02

Thanks to all, who can see what I can’t. Proves this forum is a valuable tool for handicapping. I’ve been reading Stan’s book for so many years and I’m still capable of missing things.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:54 PM   #10
f2tornado

Stanley Caris only considered Buckpasser-x on the dam side. Mage has it there through Rocktheboat. The RAN sire line finished 1-3-4-5. Not a ton of imagination required if your were high on including 2Phils who I believe was tied for faster last out Beyer. I simply wasn’t sold on that one.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2023, 09:41 PM   #11
dballard125

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Stanley Caris only considered Buckpasser-x on the dam side. Mage has it there through Rocktheboat. The RAN sire line finished 1-3-4-5. Not a ton of imagination required if your were high on including 2Phils who I believe was tied for faster last out Beyer. I simply wasn’t sold on that one.
What a stat that 4 of the top 5 were RAN. Crazy.
dballard125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2023, 05:20 AM   #12
Gerard02

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
You’re right. So, I was correct the first time, when I didn’t see it. This part always confused me. So, according to rule 7, mage does not carry Buckpasser in the X position.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:28 AM   #13
Gerard02

I’m looking at the chart on Page 51, the Buckpassee X goes from Mages dam to Big Brown, then Through a big Browns dam, Mien, then her dam miasma to Lear Fan. That’s 5 generations. No Buckpasser there.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:36 AM   #14
depalma113

The Curlin sire line is quickly becoming the new RAN.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2023, 05:39 AM   #15
Gerard02

Quote:
Originally Posted by dballard125 View Post
What a stat that 4 of the top 5 were RAN. Crazy.
You could have played RAN/all for the exacta, and experimented with the Triple and super after that. RAN/all/RAN. RAN/RAN/All. That triple combo at .50 cents would have cost you $336 per wager. The triple paid $491. Not a good return for the money, but playing the exacta wheel seems to be the best play. Last years Derby only saw one RAN, Rich Strike, hit the board. That exacta paid $4,101.20