Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-16-2023, 06:38 AM   #61
Roaring Good Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracksideTalk View Post
when racetracks start losing their slot welfare watch what happens
I think slots welfare disappearing will actually help racing. Sure, many tracks will disappear, but so will a lot of five horse fields. There isn't really a horse shortage. There's a track surplus. Many tracks shouldn't even exist.
Roaring Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2023, 08:06 AM   #62
Half Smoke

showers are forecast for Baltimore on Saturday

kinna disappointing - less predictable imo if the track is sloppy or muddy

I don't know what his breeding indicates - but Mage has not competed on an off track

according to Noaa a 5 day forecast can accurately predict the weather about 90% of the time

Last edited by Half Smoke; 05-16-2023 at 08:09 AM.
Half Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2023, 09:03 AM   #63
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
showers are forecast for Baltimore on Saturday
Will see if my meteorology degree is still worth a lick. Friday looks dry with a narrow ribbon of high pressure in place. There is a decaying front moving through Saturday that might have a shower along it but this doesn't look widespread or particularly heavy, if anything falls at all. For now, I'd expect the water can to put more moisture on the track than the atmosphere.

Preaknesss field is yawninspiring. Hoping Mage wins to make for a better wagering opportunity at Belmont. The Oaks card and Preakness undercard look entertaining enough though.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2023, 06:08 PM   #64
TracksideTalk
Seaglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
New York Regulator Releases Timeline in Forte Case
NYSGC offers timeline since Forte's alleged failed drug test after 2022 Hopeful (G1).

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-in-forte-case

Nowhere in the above article does the acronym NYRA appear, or the words "New York Racing Association"

Who woulda thunk it?

I see now why TracksideTalk decided to clam up.

Sept. 23, 2022: The lab notifies the commission of a positive finding. The commission immediately notifies the state steward, who then matches the sample's identifying numbers to the previously locked documentation of collected samples. An investigation begins.

Sept. 29, 2022: The trainer's counsel is notified of the positive finding.

You can’t be that naive (wanted to say stupid) that once the positive test result came back that NO one within NYRA was informed about said results.
TracksideTalk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2023, 06:12 PM   #65
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You can’t be that naive (wanted to say stupid) that once the positive test result came back that NO one within NYRA was informed about said results.
And you can't be that naive to think that when notified, there was something they were supposed to do...especially publicly.

Let me ask you...is NYRA supposed to announce positive tests immediately and take action on them?

By law?

Or are they required to provide due process (as legally proven in the Baffert test case for Medina Spirit)?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-16-2023 at 06:15 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2023, 06:16 PM   #66
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

What exactly did you want NYRA to do? Immediately ban Pletcher?

They already saw that doesn't work.

So what else were they supposed to do? NYSGC is the one that hands down fines and suspensions.

What am I missing?
Old 05-17-2023, 11:09 AM   #67
TracksideTalk
Seaglass

Quote:
What exactly did you want NYRA to do? Immediately ban Pletcher?

They already saw that doesn't work.

So what else were they supposed to do? NYSGC is the one that hands down fines and suspensions.

What am I missing?

Never engage in a dispute with a complete idiot. You’ll never persuade the idiot that you’re correct, and the audience will have no idea who’s who…
TracksideTalk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #68
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Never engage in a dispute with a complete idiot. You’ll never persuade the idiot that you’re correct, and the audience will have no idea who’s who…
OK, now you're banned...bye bye

Signed,

Idiot
Old 05-17-2023, 09:17 PM   #69
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
New York Regulator Releases Timeline in Forte Case
NYSGC offers timeline since Forte's alleged failed drug test after 2022 Hopeful (G1).

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-in-forte-case

Nowhere in the above article does the acronym NYRA appear, or the words "New York Racing Association"

Who woulda thunk it?

I see now why TracksideTalk decided to clam up.
He quoted my statement too . Look , I never said “cover up”. That’s why he gave me crap. My thought is that it’s screwed up and whether they intend it or not . People are going to say “cover up” because of the way it’s handled . It’s a game of gambling and Perception is paramount. I read the timeline , from what I got the split sample wasn’t finalized until January 28th . Are you kidding me ? People get popped and the split is done in matter of days . And you can see the back and forth BS between the regulators and the trainers consul . You can’t have that . There’s tons of foot dragging reading into that timeline and that’s a problem . My thought is I don’t know if they purposely try to cover shit up but that’s how it ends up looking . And you have enemies that will seize that to make you look stupid . That’s exactly how it ends up looking . Jeez, shit gets tested in hours these days but these people took months to agree on it . Cmon . That read like any lawyers way of making things take 8 months and that can’t be tolerated. The agreement for a split sample took months , then there’s half a dozen reasons (excuses) why people couldn’t make s hearing . Classic. I didn’t know the protocol until I read that but it’s flawed big time if parties are allowed to quibble like that for months . “You failed .” You have 72 hours to decide where the split goes on this list .” End of story .
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: