Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:04 PM   #256
green80

my bad, you need to go the other way, something above 1366x768. That's as high as I can go and I have the same problem
Old 12-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #257
TJC

Thanks for the suggestion but when I change the display resolution it affects all of my pc not just Speed Demons. I have tried to adjust the scaling for the program but it also affects the rest of the pc.

I guess I will just not use the program as I have other choices.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:28 PM   #258
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but when I change the display resolution it affects all of my pc not just Speed Demons. I have tried to adjust the scaling for the program but it also affects the rest of the pc.

I guess I will just not use the program as I have other choices.

Thanks for your help.

It will change everything you view. I use the program and I just scroll over if I want to see the numbers in the last columns. So far it hasn't been a problem.
Old 12-27-2021, 05:19 PM   #259
TJC

Yes I have done the same thing as you, but if I want to know who are the top horses when I sort the final 4 columns in a race it becomes cumbersome to have to scroll back to the left to find out the number of the horses. When you need to do that for a number of races and tracks, it truly is a pain. Thankfully I have other programs that I can use. But if you ever find a solution to this problem, please let me know.

Thanks again.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:23 PM   #260
OzYank

Mine allows me to resize the columns - there are a few columns I don't really care about so I pretty much close them up. Wondering if you make the window full screen then adjust the column width if that works better for you.
Old 12-27-2021, 07:28 PM   #261
TJC

When I open the program it is already full screen but the display only shows up to half of the FTTL column and none of the 4 columns to the right of that. I have tried reducing some columns I don't care about but have not got access to all of the missing columns that I want. I will close all of the columns that I don't need and see if that will work.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:13 PM   #262
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Ever since home computers were introduced, users have had to do work-arounds for various programs. What displays fine on one...may not on another.
What Simon was saying is to open in full screen (the upper right hand shows a single box). Make your adjustment, then click the upper box to reduce (not minimize) the program.
Since "EPS" is fairly useless nowadays, I would just slide that box closed---and there you are. What isn't showing is the SPOT PRINT box, which is easily accessable.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:21 PM   #263
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

***Something like this...
Old 12-28-2021, 06:41 PM   #264
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFridays View Post
Nice results today at GPX and Tampa for the Place to Win and Tips programs you have, Greg. Have you had those programs a long time? Do you remember where you purchased them from? I think I might have the Place to Win program laying around somewhere, but not sure where. I probably got it off Ebay.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Greg. Thanks for your posts, hard work, and great programs you share with us.

Hey HPF...I've had the TIPS software for maybe 6-7 years--used the paper/pencil methodology before that. I actually purchased the program from RPM for appx $300... (with PLACE-TO-WIN, and SHOW-A-PROFIT built in). Thank you for the kind words

Ghostrider: I do not use the pre-set "values" in TIPS. I don't think I even tested it as programmed--immediately made my own values for everything. These are the Tips I have set at 100 each:

Distance Switch
Rider Switch
Layoff/WUTT
WUT
("WUT" is referring to an unusual amount of works leading up to today's race--Wound Up Tight). The extra T means he's REALLY wound up--a plus (or 2) added is the epitome of wound up tight.

I can scan through any card in seconds--looking for any horse with a 300+ score.

Tomorrow I see a couple:

TUP 4TH HOLLYWOOD HEAT 20-1
GPX 8TH FRECCIA D'ARGENTO 8-1

Both horses are being prepped for a win attempt...depends on if the connections can get it done. I don't think that GPX horse's trainer has EVER won a race, in very few starts. We'll see.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:29 PM   #265
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post

Tomorrow I see a couple:

TUP 4TH HOLLYWOOD HEAT 20-1
GPX 8TH FRECCIA D'ARGENTO 8-1

Both horses are being prepped for a win attempt...depends on if the connections can get it done. I don't think that GPX horse's trainer has EVER won a race, in very few starts. We'll see.
Antonio Sano at Gulfstream? I think you mean the trainer at TuP.

Last edited by BarchCapper; 12-28-2021 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Add info.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:51 PM   #266
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Antonio Sano at Gulfstream? I think you mean the trainer at TuP.
Yep...I'm absent-minded----got music blasting, dog barking, wife babbling on and on, etc.

As usual...here's another spot play from TUP. If it shows results, I'll explain the method. If not-who cares?

TUP

1ST DANCE SHOES 9/2
2ND WITHIN THE LAW 9/2
3RD KONA COAST 7/2
7TH STEAL HOME 7/2
8TH SORRISO 3-1
Old 12-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #267
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

EASY MONEY GPX 12-29

Let's see if EASY MONEY is still going good @ GPX:

Old 12-30-2021, 01:19 AM   #268
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

*keep in mind--for EASY MONEY (and almost every other spot play)...under 2-1 ML --pass the race
Old 12-30-2021, 08:01 AM   #269
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post

*keep in mind--for EASY MONEY (and almost every other spot play)...under 2-1 ML --pass the race
That really sucks not getting email....

Check SPAM folder.....

Check that your email is correct....you could have been on your 12th beer setting it up...

Add a horse running tomorrow and see if you get it....

THAN BLAST BRIS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
Old 12-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #270
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
That really sucks not getting email....

Check SPAM folder.....

Check that your email is correct....you could have been on your 12th beer setting it up...

Add a horse running tomorrow and see if you get it....

THAN BLAST BRIS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
I have a horse running today....see MAKE IT IN NY" on the list?

Entered today 6th race Aqueduct. I got nothing. I even opened a new acct at TS with a different email address.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 12-30-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: