Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-27-2023, 05:36 PM   #106
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You keep regurgiyating thst same lie.
Yousay everyone slready knew everything in the book.

You are a blatant liar.

I don't know what your agenda is other than you enjoy actinh like an azzhole, whicg, ironically, everyone DID already know.

Lots of people learned things from the book. No one is obligated to [rovide you a list.

Feel free to continue lying your azz off. Be all you can br. No matter how litle that is.
Once again, for the reading impaired, tell me what you learned from the book and stop hiding by calling me names. I can play the same game but I'm not that stupid.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2023, 05:58 PM   #107
Light
Veteran

I'm not the only one who thinks this book is rubbish. Here's part of a review on Amazon:

This book is very disjointed and is everywhere at once. There is no continuity whatsoever and it's not easy to read because it's random fact after random fact. It's so bad that he didn't even bother making an index. If you plan on looking up the section on post positions, good luck. Get ready to flip pages. Many publishers won't even publish a non-fiction book with no index.

I don't know how many questions this book answers. A few I suppose. But it asks FAR more than it answers. And I'm not exaggerating when I say that it will ask you thousands of more questions than it answers. An alternate title could be: "A List of Questions You'll Ask Yourself While You Handicap a Race."

If you took out two words, "might" and "maybe," this book would be half the length. You are bludgeoned by these two words.

Two words that do not belong in a book like this. You came here for fact. For affirmation. For definition. It's not here. In fact, he realizes this and addresses it at one point: "Note that in each case I've used the word "might" because I had no hard-and-fast rules." (Noooo. You used "might" a lot? I hardly noticed.) You then know early on that you're reading a book written by a guy who claims he's an expert but has no hard and fast rules. His advice I suppose is: You might want to do this. But maybe you should do that. Or not.

That being said, you are then treated to many statements like: "The big question – how relevant are these figures to today's race? Usually, quite relevant. But not always." Wow, thank you. "Depending on which horses draw which posts, post positions might mean much, or not much, in any particular race." Wow, thank you again. This book is riddled with such statements. As you can tell, both sentences…say nothing.

Last edited by Light; 03-27-2023 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:13 PM   #108
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Light you caught my interest. Recomend a book or two. Thanks

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2023, 06:16 PM   #109
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
I'll give you a couple...

Kinky Handicapping and Kinkier Handicapping by Mark Cramer
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2023, 06:30 PM   #110
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Once again, for the reading impaired, tell me what you learned from the book and stop hiding by calling me names. I can play the same game but I'm not that stupid.
I can't resist...how stupid are you?

Every time you post you just confirm what I wrote about you but whatevs... Perhaps this short video will be more enlightening for you than the Meadow book.

Old 03-27-2023, 06:32 PM   #111
kyle r

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
I’m gonna save you a lot of time and reading. Bet fast horses at good prices. Speed is quantified by speed figures and interior fractions.

Last edited by kyle r; 03-27-2023 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Typo
kyle r is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2023, 07:10 PM   #112
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Check your own reading skills.
I mentioned 2 specific things in this thread and said that I, and others, used the material to expand research in our own databases.

Your comment that everyone already kne everything in the book was one of of the stupedist ever posted here, so assume you are stupid.

And an anonomous Amazon review........are you for real?

Last edited by Tom; 03-27-2023 at 07:17 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 10:34 AM   #113
CheckMark

Quote:
It's like having the Blue or Gold Verified checkmark on Twitter

Just like above no one takes you seriously unless you have that Amazon review to back your story up
Old 03-28-2023, 10:45 AM   #114
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Light probably wrote the review himself!

I wonder if he understands what the book was about?
I wonder if he understands anything.

Last edited by Tom; 03-28-2023 at 10:52 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2023, 03:42 PM   #115
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Check your own reading skills.
I mentioned 2 specific things in this thread and said that I, and others, used the material to expand research in our own databases.

Your comment that everyone already kne everything in the book was one of of the stupidest ever posted here, so assume you are stupid.

All the angles that Meadows has a database for are in the red. Nobody needs a book to know that. That's what I mean about everyone already knows these things.

I have better databases than Massa and Meadows, some of my angles are quite positive but with very small samples.

However my database has caught at least 3 P6's this year using its highest percentage. In other words caught 3 P6's for a grand total under $5 investment. Can you do that with Massa or Meadows? I KNOW what I'm talking about. You are a sheep and idol worshiper.
Old 03-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #116
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Guess what?

NOBODY CARES.

You lie and make unproven claims.
You offer nothing to anyone.

You atre a joke with no credinility.

Ta ta, loser.
Old 03-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #117
Light
Veteran

I'd rather nobody cares. I didn't want to talk about the P6's because I don't want anyone bothering me about it. I don;t need to work another day in my life.

But why is Meadows putting out a book? Why do losers sell their systems? To make money from the losing methods they peddle. If they made money from them like me, they would never dream of sharing it with anyone.

So I hope your happy Tom with those worn out losing methods that you defend so vehemently. And believe me I am not interested in enlightening you or anyone. Losers like you are good for me.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:10 PM   #118
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You just can't read worth a shit can you?

What losing methods areyou lying about now?

I said I used the DATA from the book, there are no methods in it.

Just like you lie about having a better satabase than Ken Masa, you lie about this. Lying comes very easy to you it seems.
You do it so often.

I am not surprised the book was over your head.....you are a very small person.

Ta ta
Old 03-28-2023, 05:35 PM   #119
thaskalos

Quote:
I'd rather nobody cares. I didn't want to talk about the P6's because I don't want anyone bothering me about it. I don;t need to work another day in my life.

But why is Meadows putting out a book? Why do losers sell their systems? To make money from the losing methods they peddle. If they made money from them like me, they would never dream of sharing it with anyone.

So I hope your happy Tom with those worn out losing methods that you defend so vehemently. And believe me I am not interested in enlightening you or anyone. Losers like you are good for me.
I don't see Tom as a "loser"...I think he is an experienced player who knows better than to brag about unsubstantiated gambling triumphs. That's a commendable trait, IMO...one that I too would like to possess. I don't see Barry Meadow as a loser either. There is nothing wrong with a "winning" player selling some information in order to supply some steady income for himself...seeing that the gambling income of even the winning players is so irregular and unsteady.

This book has 122 ratings on Amazon...and the ratings average out to a score of 4.4 stars out of 5. And yet...you only chose to feature here the review of Roman Griffen who, in spite of his bragging that he is some hotshot "sports analyst", posted a review which pegs him as a moron who knows nothing about horses or the handicapping of them. I guess a report of the overall Amazon opinion of this book wouldn't suit the agenda that you have chosen to represent here.
Old 03-28-2023, 05:46 PM   #120
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Thanks, Thask.
I am proud to say I've learned a few things from you over the years.
A loser is someone who thinks they already know everything.

4.4 out of 5......88%
I'd say more than me found the book worthwhile.