Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #286
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm a addict.

I own lots of guns.

By this metric I'm also a felon... its fucking stupid.

Move on to solutions.
How would you be a felon for owning lots of guns?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 01:57 PM   #287
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
His history of mental illness would have prevented him from legally owning a semi-automatic rifle in Norway (according to what I've researched - I may be wrong).
Perhaps you can help me find it, I cannot find anything about the Norway slasher being treated for mental illness prior to his rampage. If not, he most likely would have been able to get a semi-automatic rifle in Norway, if in fact he wanted one.

In the US, he would have had a background check from the NICS database if he purchased from a dealer and it would have been hit or miss if mental health info was available depending on the state and hippa laws. Marco Rubio (R) introduced legislation to standardize mental health reporting to NICS a few years ago, I don't know what became of it.
Old 05-27-2022, 01:57 PM   #288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
This all began in the 'Be Proud...You're Using' thread when Tom came at my argument that the enablers are the drug users and took a shot at me.
I ignore him because he's nothing but a blow hard.
Then he kept quoting me and basically begging for my attention.
He's even more angry now because I won't respond to him.

HE'S the one who needs to simmer down. He's been screaming like a child on this site for 20yrs, maybe it's time to give it a rest.
Oh now you embrace "whataboutisms"
Old 05-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #289
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Because he's an addict? He doesn't mean gun addict.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:04 PM   #290
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh now you embrace "whataboutisms"
Actually, I embrace sound, logical reasoning.
You telling me (and not the biggest loud mouth blow hard on this site for 20yrs) that I'm the one who needs to simmer down, well, I just gotta laugh at you because that's some convoluted thinking.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #291
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Because he's an addict? He doesn't mean gun addict.
I did think gun addict. No wonder he didn't like bringing up Hunter and his gun problem.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:27 PM   #292
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I didn't realize the Brady Act made it illegal to own guns if you use "unlawful" drugs.

You can drink your ass off every day of your life and own a gun legally, but if you get high in certain places where it's illegal, you can be arrested for legally owning a gun.

Basically another gun law that doesn't make sense.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:31 PM   #293
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Yes it is….and some courts have actually ruled that it is. You know I have a permit. Have had one in 3 different states and now I don’t need one here in Texas (although mine is valid for 3 more years)

These decisions have led to “constitutional carry” being the law of the land, like it should be. But each state chooses.

This kid is an outlier. He could have accomplished the same thing by running those kids down with a car at recess. See here, very little coverage.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...e-in-santa-ana

When you pass laws for background checks etc you are only interfering with rights of law abiding citizens. The bad guys are never going to pay attention to the laws no matter the state/country or circumstances.
Exactly, Ralph.

I have already asked in this thread what the plan is for ACTUALLY ENFORCING new Legislation. Our Government(s) do not enforce the Laws already on the books. Law-abiding Citizens aren't giving up one inch of ground on this issue because they know damned well the Criminals aren't. Government can't (or won't) convince Law-abiding Citizens they won't get the short end of the stick with enforcement of any Legislation on Guns...so Gun Owners want no part of this. Who can blame them?

I own zero Guns. But, to me, it seems like the Cat is out of the bag with these Weapons that can do so much damage in short order already circulating within the Population. Nobody who owns any of these types of Weapons is relinquishing them...or the Right to own them...when they know their "Adversaries" aren't going to, either.

Most Countries don't have a problem with Mass Shootings. Most Countries are really tough on Crime. Why America isn't...I don't know. Mealy-mouthed people...and their stupid objections to Deterrents for bad behavior in our Society...own a Lion's share of the blame for all this. So many problems in our Society have happened because "Tolerance" of things has turned into "Acceptance" of the same ills. And here we are...now.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:33 PM   #294
elysiantraveller

Quote:
That's the Hunter Biden argument for lying on his application being a addict.

The point was whatabouting is a giant waste of time.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:36 PM   #295
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
You actually think that if the doors were all locked he would have put his guns away and gone home?

"Damn, the doors are locked. Oh well, what a dumb idea this was; guess I'll head home"
A locked door kept the cops from entering the classroom that the shooter was in. Yes, a locked doors would have denied access to the shooter and had him looking for a way in, which may have given the cops time to confront the murderer outside of the school.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:47 PM   #296
OntheRail

Quote:
I did think gun addict. No wonder he didn't like bringing up Hunter and his gun problem.
Yep... so evidently Ely's lied on the background checks, he is so passionate about others must comply with and wants to expand there reach and scope. Hell he's even for titles on guns. Bet that won't apply to those Ghost Guns he said he built. So He-lye the hypocritical is another "Rules for thee but not for me"... differently a true blue Democratic.
Old 05-27-2022, 02:54 PM   #297
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Now you are willfully neglecting the whole story and I have explained it to you, probably more than once. Typical liberal, Hunter Biden's girlfriend at the time aka his dead brother's wife took Hunter's gun and threw it in a trash can a couple hundred yards from a school in a "gun free" zone. Fortunately someone scrounging for recyclables found the gun and turned it in. Just as easy a school age kid could have found that gun, no charges were filed. Are you trying to challenge Cliffy for the biased and blind award on Pace Advantage?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2022, 03:00 PM   #298
xtb

Quote:

I don't know, it depends. Did you see the Kensington Ave Zombies from another thread? I do not want anyone like that possessing a gun. I'm guessing you aren't that bad.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:05 PM   #299
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I don't know, it depends. Did you see the Kensington Ave Zombies from another thread? I do not want anyone like that possessing a gun. I'm guessing you aren't that bad.
I've been sober for a long long time.

Point I'm making is whatabouting Hunter Biden is beyond pointless in this discussion.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:16 PM   #300
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Yep... so evidently Ely's lied on the background checks, he is so passionate about others must comply with and wants to expand there reach and scope. Hell he's even for titles on guns. Bet that won't apply to those Ghost Guns he said he built. So He-lye the hypocritical is another "Rules for thee but not for me"... differently a true blue Democratic.
What in the fuck are you talking about?

"Ghost guns?"

Tell me you're a idiot without telling me you're a idiot.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: