Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #106
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
'cause i'm a big fat dummy
Besides that....you won't answer because you're too scared to admit that you're against ownership of those types of weapons, and you do agree that a limit should be put on the amount of firepower a citizen should be able to legally obtain.

It's cool, I understand.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:00 PM   #107
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
This, and more. Way more.

Nibble on the below article. PA Mike mentioned about it in one of the earlier posts in this thread. No one added to it, to no surprise. Then the above thanks to Inner Dirt. Debating the merits of assault rifles, policing schools, yada yada yada ... is an exercise in futility.

This all began plus-30 years ago when every young boy who twitches, get a dose of ritilin and other drugs, creating a generation of (today's) killers.

We shouldn't be suing Remington and the gun makers, we should sue Pfizer, Merck, etc., etc. This is a great article. Says it all, to me anyway.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300618265.html
I knew a couple medicated brothers, a good friend's nephews. Seems the Navy managed to cure their need for pills. Both of them are fine young men today, both said they did not need the pills, discipline is what they needed.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 07:05 PM   #108
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
There is a lot more to it than this...

I agree the .223/5.56 is not some wunderwaffen round and that's its relatively mild but comparing it to .22LR in any situation is a pretty big stretch.

Explain then in that situation how the .223 is a lot more deadly than a .22LR.
I believe all the shooting was at close range and the victims were out in the open.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:11 PM   #109
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Besides that....you won't answer because you're too scared to admit that you're against ownership of those types of weapons, and you do agree that a limit should be put on the amount of firepower a citizen should be able to legally obtain.

It's cool, I understand.

What next, are you going to ask him if he thinks civilians should be able to
own shoulder fired missiles? The line has to be drawn somewhere. The so called assault rifle isn't any more deadly that a lot of other weapons the left doesn't demonize.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #110
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

It's cool, I understand.
You're kinda deranged...but that's cool.

I take many anti-traditional-Republican stances.

I've said many times on this board I am not anti-abortion and don't think it should be banned.

Fully automatic weapons are banned from sale to the general public.

No reason to change that.

Thus, I am against them being for sale.

You can cream your pants now.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:24 PM   #111
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Look man....

Both sides have issues but only one repeatedly stonewalls even the barest of precautions.

Universal background checks can't even get passed...

I disagree with what every liberal/democrat/whatever has mostly said in this thread but I get their frustration when even the simplest most common sense stuff can't even get to a vote.
I agree with background checks.
Old 05-25-2022, 07:24 PM   #112
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What next, are you going to ask him if he thinks civilians should be able to
own shoulder fired missiles? The line has to be drawn somewhere. The so called assault rifle isn't any more deadly that a lot of other weapons the left doesn't demonize.
But, but...I thought people killed people, not shoulder fired missiles (which I think ARE legal to own, by the way). Isn't that the argument people always make? Such as..."I guess we have to ban knives and pens because someone used one to kill somebody."

Thank you guys for making my point. It wasn't so hard, was it?
We all agree that a limit should be placed on the amount of firepower a citizen should be able to have.

Good night

Last edited by PhantomOnTour; 05-25-2022 at 07:25 PM.
PhantomOnTour is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 07:42 PM   #113
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Explain then in that situation how the .223 is a lot more deadly than a .22LR.
I believe all the shooting was at close range and the victims were out in the open.
A .22LR leaves the barrel with around 125lb/ft of energy.

A .223 with 1250.

In the world of centerline thats not a lot of but it's waaaay more potent than a .22LR.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 05-25-2022 at 07:44 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 07:49 PM   #114
boxcar

Quote:
But, but...I thought people killed people, not shoulder fired missiles (which I think ARE legal to own, by the way). Isn't that the argument people always make? Such as..."I guess we have to ban knives and pens because someone used one to kill somebody."

We all agree that a limit should be placed on the amount of firepower a citizen should be able to have.

Good night
Since you apparently agree with the knife and pen analogy, then I guess we also need to limit the number of knives and and pens a citizen should have, right?

P.S. It is hard for meathead liberals to think straight.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:07 PM   #115
Inner Dirt

Quote:
A .22LR leaves the barrel with around 125lb/ft of energy.

A .223 with 1250.

In the world of centerline thats not a lot of but it's waaaay more potent than a .22LR.

Why is it more potent at close range at an unprotected target? Those targets being small children? The only difference I could see is if the .223 struck a bone. A rib could probably stop a 22LR. If the kids were sheltered the .223 would be a lot more lethal. I always wonder why the so called assault rifle is the weapon of shooting in a confined area. Why not a 9mm pistol with a 50 round drum full of hollow points?
Old 05-25-2022, 08:19 PM   #116
xtb

Quote:
Why is it more potent at close range at an unprotected target? Those targets being small children? The only difference I could see is if the .223 struck a bone. A rib could probably stop a 22LR. If the kids were sheltered the .223 would be a lot more lethal. I always wonder why the so called assault rifle is the weapon of shooting in a confined area. Why not a 9mm pistol with a 50 round drum full of hollow points?
It's the shockwave. If you've ever seen rounds fired into ballistic gelatin, you can see the difference.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 08:23 PM   #117
green80

Quote:

Or a shotgun with 00 buckshot, you have 12 approx.9mm pellets in one shot. 3 fast shots and you have 36 9mm pellets covering the area, not much aiming required.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-25-2022, 08:49 PM   #118
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Good night
I'm all for people walking away feeling better about themselves then before they arrived.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:54 PM   #119
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Since you apparently agree with the knife and pen analogy, then I guess we also need to limit the number of knives and and pens a citizen should have, right?

P.S. It is hard for meathead liberals to think straight.
Since you're apparently too stupid to realize that I was mocking the argument of the gun nuts (not supporting it), I'm just going to laugh at you like I usually do.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:09 PM   #120
elysiantraveller

Quote:
A arm or even hand is going to take a lot of juice out of a .22LR.

Sure it can still kill you but it's not in the same neighborhood.

As far as why its the go to... handguns are harder to get than ARs.

When we talk gun violence we are talking handguns. When it comes to mass shooters we talk ARs.