Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Well? Anyone?

How long should they be allowed to block the roads?
Don't those who are trying to get to work have any rights?

(gotta run - I'm off to FairGrounds to watch the big races today...have fun whining!)

Where were yuo during Occupy Wall Street, hupocrite?
Old 02-19-2022, 12:37 PM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
The same amount of time that CHAZ occupied Seattle.

Must have gotten a bad crawdad.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:59 PM   #48
Greyfox

Quote:
Get together with some friends (if you have any) and y'all go block a major road downtown wherever you live & see how long you're allowed to stay there.
Short memory eh?
What about BLM?
Or if you and your friends are from an Indigenous Tribe, you'll be allowed to stay, block roads, railways or pipelines.
In fact, any "minority group" will stay a lot longer than the so called "White Advantaged groups."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #49
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Who is Marshal Law? Was that a Clint Eastwood part?

Hint - Try Martial Law
Thanks good tip.
Marshal Law is the right hand man of Justine.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:12 PM   #50
davew

Trudeau ignores actual violent protest ...

https://www.sott.net/article/464632-...itish-Columbia
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2022, 04:08 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

All of this is absolutely being done on purpose. It isn't hypocrisy and it isn't stupidity.

It's 100% intent.
Old 02-19-2022, 05:55 PM   #52
jay68802

'Some protesters are surrendering and are being arrested. We ask protesters to remain peaceful and lawful,' Ottawa police said in an alert.

So, the protesters are peaceful and lawful and being arrested. Makes complete sense.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2022, 07:47 PM   #53
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
If all of the truckers went home and permanently parked their trucks, wouldn't they still be able to accomplish their goal? No talk-e, no drive-e! Starve THEM out!
The government will bring in unqualified drivers to drive and deliver
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2022, 09:44 PM   #54
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Short memory eh?
What about BLM?
Or if you and your friends are from an Indigenous Tribe, you'll be allowed to stay, block roads, railways or pipelines.
In fact, any "minority group" will stay a lot longer than the so called "White Advantaged groups."
What about them (BLM) ??

The majority on this board were opposed the "occupations" in Seattle and San Francisco, but now folks are suddenly in support of the truckers in Canada?
Or is it just your typical childish 'they did it so we're going to do it' justification?

It was wrong then and it's wrong now.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:58 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It was wrong then and it's wrong now.
Except it wasn't wrong then...by the same people who are saying it's wrong now.

That's the rub.

Works both ways.

And when you say that to someone like mostpost, you get a whole diatribe about how "well, here's how they are NOT the same"

Yeah, no shit they are not the same. I didn't see whole city blocks on fire....smashed out cop cars and stores being looted in Canada...so I think I know who actually owns the higher ground here...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-19-2022 at 10:00 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2022, 10:17 PM   #56
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Except it wasn't wrong then...by the same people who are saying it's wrong now.

That's the rub.

Works both ways.

And when you say that to someone like mostpost, you get a whole diatribe about how "well, here's how they are NOT the same"

Yeah, no shit they are not the same. I didn't see whole city blocks on fire....smashed out cop cars and stores being looted in Canada...so I think I know who actually owns the higher ground here...

And the folks who said that was wrong are saying this is right.
Right?

As I stated in one of the many 'trucker' threads....I'm all about the right to protest peacefully.
But once you've had your protest and made your voice heard, it's time the get the f**k off the streets and go home.
Wrong is wrong, even if people you agree with (politically/covid beliefs/mask mandate beliefs) are doing it.

What's so hard to understand about that?
Old 02-19-2022, 10:43 PM   #57
Poindexter

Quote:
And the folks who said that was wrong are saying this is right.
Right?

As I stated in one of the many 'trucker' threads....I'm all about the right to protest peacefully.
But once you've had your protest and made your voice heard, it's time the get the f**k off the streets and go home.
Wrong is wrong, even if people you agree with (politically/covid beliefs/mask mandate beliefs) are doing it.

What does that solve? Were vaccine mandates lifted? Do people now have a choice as to whether they take the vaccine or not, or whether their kids take the vaccine or not? Is this dictator going to suddenly change his mind because the truckers go home, or goes he get off on the power and become more restrictive and push the envelope even further. You are ignoring the seriousness of the issue. Government does not have the right to force anything into the body of their citizens. If we get to the point that we need to go there, that will not be good, but this virus has never been anything close to that. We already know this vaccine is not safe (even if you believe it is, the next one......... might not be). Just how dangerous this vaccine and future ones are remains to be seen. The road forward is that we (and I mean we and I include Americans, because we may be headed down the same road), are now in the position where Government says put this in your body and that in your body and if we fail to comply, we lose our job, maybe our career, maybe our pension and maybe eventually our bank accounts get frozen and compensated.... Where does this end? Why, is this happening? Look at the big picture. Think. Folks like you are being suckered and conned and making it really hard for those who see what is happening. Most people that are being conned are just clueless (not following anything, believing the propoganda the MSM and Govenment is telling them .....). Not sure what your excuse is.

What is so hard to understand about that?
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2022, 02:07 AM   #58
Poindexter

This is a 22 minute press conference and Q&A from the police chief in Ottawa. Watch in its entirety. Watch the severity of their actions. The price, the time, the effort, the abuse of their citizens and their police forces (because they have to stand up to citizens that have the nerve to want freedom), the desire to go after protesters after they go home...... They had another option. Lift Covid Mandates, everyone goes home, everyone is happy, freedom prevails. You ask yourself why they did not go that route. Covid? Please, I am going to die laughing. I want to hear one logical explanation, other than the powers that be want complete control and to send a message to everyone of their citizens, you protest and your life will be ****ed up forever. Moreover they set in place and will continue to set up the ability to be more restrictive in the future (just like the demoncrats in the US are doing and will continue to do). Now what does that sound like? I repeat, the motive throughout this "pandemic" has never been public health, it has been control.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2022, 03:04 AM   #59
davew

the last couple minutes of broadcasting from the shed

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2022, 09:23 AM   #60
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
What does that solve? Were vaccine mandates lifted? Do people now have a choice as to whether they take the vaccine or not, or whether their kids take the vaccine or not? Is this dictator going to suddenly change his mind because the truckers go home, or goes he get off on the power and become more restrictive and push the envelope even further. You are ignoring the seriousness of the issue. Government does not have the right to force anything into the body of their citizens. If we get to the point that we need to go there, that will not be good, but this virus has never been anything close to that. We already know this vaccine is not safe (even if you believe it is, the next one......... might not be). Just how dangerous this vaccine and future ones are remains to be seen. The road forward is that we (and I mean we and I include Americans, because we may be headed down the same road), are now in the position where Government says put this in your body and that in your body and if we fail to comply, we lose our job, maybe our career, maybe our pension and maybe eventually our bank accounts get frozen and compensated.... Where does this end? Why, is this happening? Look at the big picture. Think. Folks like you are being suckered and conned and making it really hard for those who see what is happening. Most people that are being conned are just clueless (not following anything, believing the propoganda the MSM and Govenment is telling them .....). Not sure what your excuse is.

What is so hard to understand about that?
Has Canada passed a law requiring everyone get vaccinated?

I'm being suckered and conned?
You, like most folks on your side, automatically ASSUME that I'm in favor of mask mandates because I dared challenge your tactics.
Please show me a post of mine that supports mandatory mask mandates.
I'll wait

My one and only point in this thread is that it's time for the truckers and protesters to clear the streets and stop blocking border crossings, etc etc.

Your voice speaks much louder in the ballot box than on the street corner.