Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-08-2022, 10:59 PM   #1
Poindexter

Fact checking Robert Malone

When I get onto my phone I see an article that the NY times has fact checked Robert Malones 3 hour interview on spotify. So I click on and read and wow, this is impressive stuff(sarcasm). This is what they have.

Wow, no wonder Mostpost takes them so seriously.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/a...rt-malone.html

This is so impressive I am going to get right to the meat and paste the article. I cannot even believe they published this article. Not that they had any credibility to begin with, but when she starts talking about Sweden, you have to be joking. What planet is she living on. Enjoy, and feel free to let me know what I am missing in this brilliant piece of journalism. I am sure Mostpost will deem it worth of a Pullitzer. Maybe there is a part 2 somewhere?

Spotify has been rocked in recent weeks by the controversy engulfing its most popular podcaster, Joe Rogan.

Several prominent musicians and podcasters have left the streaming service to protest what they described as Mr. Rogan’s history of promoting misinformation about the coronavirus and vaccines. There have been calls for boycotts, and Mr. Rogan issued an apology for his past use of a racial slur and took down as many as 70 old episodes of his podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience,” without explanation.

The catalyst for much of the controversy was a December episode of his podcast that featured Dr. Robert Malone, a virologist and vaccine skeptic. Hundreds of public health officials and professors, citing the promotion of “several falsehoods about Covid-19 vaccines,” urged the service to take down the episode.

For over three hours, Dr. Malone and Mr. Rogan discussed theories and claims about the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines. The conversation included a false equivalence between the vaccine and Nazi medical experiments, baseless conjecture that President Biden is not actually vaccinated and inaccurate interpretations of government data and guidelines.

Here’s a fact check of some of their claims.

~~read the rest at the link above~~

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-08-2022 at 11:56 PM. Reason: removed bulk of copyrighted material
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-08-2022, 11:55 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I had to cut out most of what you reposted, as you're not allowed to reproduce the full text of copyrighted material.

But you're right. Some of that stuff is hilariously outrageous. Case in point:

Quote:
WHAT WAS SAID

“These mandates of an experimental vaccine are explicitly illegal. They are explicitly inconsistent with the Nuremberg Code. They’re explicitly inconsistent with the Belmont Report.” — Dr. Malone

False. Vaccine mandates do not violate either the Nuremberg Code or the Belmont Report, sets of ethical principles for conducting medical research involving human subjects, given that the Covid-19 vaccines are not experimental.

At the time of the podcast’s release, the Food and Drug Administration had fully approved the vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech and had granted emergency use authorization for the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Moderna’s vaccine was fully approved in January.
Ummmm...HELLO? The FDA didn't fully approve the vaccine until, I think, August 2021 (and that was for PFIZER only at that time). The vaccine was first released to the public sometime around December 2020/January 2021.

So that's what? Almost EIGHT MONTHS of vaccine distribution in the USA using...yes...AN EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE.

Did this person even have an editor with an IQ above room temp?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-08-2022 at 11:57 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 01:51 AM   #3
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
When I get onto my phone I see an article that the NY times has fact checked Robert Malones 3 hour interview on spotify. So I click on and read and wow, this is impressive stuff(sarcasm). This is what they have.

Wow, no wonder Mostpost takes them so seriously.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/a...rt-malone.html

This is so impressive I am going to get right to the meat and paste the article. I cannot even believe they published this article. Not that they had any credibility to begin with, but when she starts talking about Sweden, you have to be joking. What planet is she living on. Enjoy, and feel free to let me know what I am missing in this brilliant piece of journalism. I am sure Mostpost will deem it worth of a Pullitzer. Maybe there is a part 2 somewhere?

Spotify has been rocked in recent weeks by the controversy engulfing its most popular podcaster, Joe Rogan.

Several prominent musicians and podcasters have left the streaming service to protest what they described as Mr. Rogan’s history of promoting misinformation about the coronavirus and vaccines. There have been calls for boycotts, and Mr. Rogan issued an apology for his past use of a racial slur and took down as many as 70 old episodes of his podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience,” without explanation.

The catalyst for much of the controversy was a December episode of his podcast that featured Dr. Robert Malone, a virologist and vaccine skeptic. Hundreds of public health officials and professors, citing the promotion of “several falsehoods about Covid-19 vaccines,” urged the service to take down the episode.

For over three hours, Dr. Malone and Mr. Rogan discussed theories and claims about the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines. The conversation included a false equivalence between the vaccine and Nazi medical experiments, baseless conjecture that President Biden is not actually vaccinated and inaccurate interpretations of government data and guidelines.

Here’s a fact check of some of their claims.

~~read the rest at the link above~~

It’s unbelievable that you would post this and not realize how dumb it makes you look. Linda Qiu refutes every one of Dr. Malone’s statements and does so with facts. However, since you don’t believe those facts, you decide-without backup-that she must be wrong. You fit the stereotype of a poindexter perfectly.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:02 AM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I had to cut out most of what you reposted, as you're not allowed to reproduce the full text of copyrighted material.

But you're right. Some of that stuff is hilariously outrageous. Case in point:

Ummmm...HELLO? The FDA didn't fully approve the vaccine until, I think, August 2021 (and that was for PFIZER only at that time). The vaccine was first released to the public sometime around December 2020/January 2021.

So that's what? Almost EIGHT MONTHS of vaccine distribution in the USA using...yes...AN EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE.

Did this person even have an editor with an IQ above room temp?
HELLO. MCFLY? Anyone in there? The FDA issued emergency use authorization for Pfizer and Moderna before any vaccines were distributed to the public. An EUA means the vaccines are not considered experimental. So August has nothing to do with it. Full approval has nothing to do with it.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:28 AM   #5
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
It’s unbelievable that you would post this and not realize how dumb it makes you look. Linda Qiu refutes every one of Dr. Malone’s statements and does so with facts. However, since you don’t believe those facts, you decide-without backup-that she must be wrong. You fit the stereotype of a poindexter perfectly.

I knew you would love the article. If anyone finds a valid point in it that makes them feel all this misinformation/disinformation rhetoric is valid I am happy to discuss it. I found the article to basically be weak and empty. If I felt it had enough valid points I would waste my time and form a rebuttal. Since I do not see much of significance (a big nothing burger) in it I will let others judge for themselves. Some people actually think for themselves and don't let Linda Qiu think for them. I know very rare in 2022. Regarding Sweden, my understanding is that they have lived life fairly normally out there since the start of the "pandemic" and are sitting at 1589 deaths per million while we with all our brilliant lockdowns (and the huge negative ramifications of them that we discussed for over a year in the covid thread) are at 2791 deaths per million. That is the "fact" that matters to me. Regarding Nurenberg. I am not a lawyer, so I will have to let them figure it out. These vaccines are indeed experimental and just because the corrupt FDA approves them and our media sources conspire to hide the negative truth (by design as I posted yesterday) and sugar coat the benefits doesn't change that. Regarding the rest, it was quite inconsequential imo. Certainly nothing for Joni Mitchell and Neal Young to get their panties in a wad over. Of course my guess is neither of them even listened to the podcast (purely speculation by my part).
Old 02-09-2022, 04:15 AM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
HELLO. MCFLY? Anyone in there? The FDA issued emergency use authorization for Pfizer and Moderna before any vaccines were distributed to the public. An EUA means the vaccines are not considered experimental. So August has nothing to do with it. Full approval has nothing to do with it.
Why are you so oblivious?

Emergency use authorization means it's experimental. They of course won't acknowledge that or use that word, but every person with a brain understands what the situation is...even if they don't want to admit it to themselves.

It means it hasn't been fully and normally vetted like every other drug and vaccine run through the FDA. It means it hasn't been studied anywhere near as thoroughly as every other "normal" vaccine that went through YEARS of trials and safety studies.

This leaves it incredibly open to unforeseen negative consequences, as we have witnessed in the VAERS reports which you refuse to acknowledge as reality.

More COVID-19 vaccine adverse advents reported to VAERS then all other vaccines before it...COMBINED!

And that would all be FINE if they were honest about it from the beginning. If they didn't give all these silly guarantees ("Take the shot and you won't get COVID!" Remember Biden himself saying this?).

They knew nothing they were telling the public was established rock-solid scientific fact. They knew it was experimental and had a lot of questions still to be answered about efficacy and safety (especially over the LONG HAUL).

Of course, when you're NOT honest about it from the start, you get things like this:

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-09-2022 at 04:24 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

mostpost, PA's official fact-chucker!
Old 02-09-2022, 12:14 PM   #8
stuball

hmmm

They called it a vaccine till they decided it wasn't a vaccine -- they want to hide the data for 55 years or was it 100 years
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Why are you so oblivious?

Emergency use authorization means it's experimental. They of course won't acknowledge that or use that word, but every person with a brain understands what the situation is...even if they don't want to admit it to themselves.

It means it hasn't been fully and normally vetted like every other drug and vaccine run through the FDA. It means it hasn't been studied anywhere near as thoroughly as every other "normal" vaccine that went through YEARS of trials
“Consideration of a drug for an EUA requires a finding that it is "reasonable to believe" that the drug "may be effective" "to prevent, diagnose, or treat serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions that can be caused by a [chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear] agent(s)" or to mitigate a disease or condition caused by an FDA-regulated product ... used to diagnose, treat, or prevent a disease or condition caused by" such an agent.[1]

The "may be effective" standard for EUAs provides for a lower level of evidence than the "effectiveness" standard that the FDA uses for product approvals, using a risk-benefit analysis based on "the totality of the scientific evidence available", it is "reasonable to believe" that the product may be effective for the specified use.”[1]

https://www.fda.gov/regulatory-infor...ed-authorities

The vaccines are experimental only in the sense that we are not absolutely certain of how effective they will be in preventing the illness. An EUA is issued only after a thorough risk-benefit analysis has been under taken. They know the potential dangers and weighed against the benefits, they feel the public benefits from the EUA. By the time an EUA is issued, the FDA is completely aware of possible risks and side effects. This will change little, if at all.

What they are less aware of is how effective the vaccine will be in a real world setting. How long it will be effective, whether boosters will be needed. They could hold off on the EUA, conduct endless clinical trials while millions die or, they can do what they did.
Old 02-09-2022, 12:42 PM   #10
AndyC

Quote:
.......The vaccines are experimental only in the sense that we are not absolutely certain of how effective they will be in preventing the illness. An EUA is issued only after a thorough risk-benefit analysis has been under taken. They know the potential dangers and weighed against the benefits, they feel the public benefits from the EUA. By the time an EUA is issued, the FDA is completely aware of possible risks and side effects. This will change little, if at all.

What they are less aware of is how effective the vaccine will be in a real world setting. How long it will be effective, whether boosters will be needed. They could hold off on the EUA, conduct endless clinical trials while millions die or, they can do what they did.

How can somebody do a thorough risk-benefit analysis when they don't know the risks nor the benefits?
Old 02-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #11
pandy

The CDC dropped immunity from the definition on August 5 (FDC a month later), but they still say that the Covid Vaccines are legitimate vaccines. But some definitions state that a vaccine helps the body create antibodies that create immunity so you don't get sick. Obviously, these Covid vaccines aren't as good as the vaccines we all took to protect against polio, smallpox, and measles. Hopefully, they're not creating vaccine hesitancy with all of their flip flops.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2022, 01:53 PM   #12
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
The CDC dropped immunity from the definition on August 5 (FDC a month later), but they still say that the Covid Vaccines are legitimate vaccines. But some definitions state that a vaccine helps the body create antibodies that create immunity so you don't get sick. Obviously, these Covid vaccines aren't as good as the vaccines we all took to protect against polio, smallpox, and measles. Hopefully, they're not creating vaccine hesitancy with all of their flip flops.

In short, they aren't vaccines! They are merely a treatment or therapeutic that may or may not help the person getting it. The word vaccine carries an expectation that a person is getting the ultimate in personal protection.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:35 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's all so ridiculous at this point, even mostpost can't figure out what to say.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:47 PM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
How can somebody do a thorough risk-benefit analysis when they don't know the risks nor the benefits?
I can’t believe some of the things people post here. The benefits are you don’t get Covid and die. The risks are discovered during the clinical trials and to some degree after the vaccine has been given to the general public.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:43 PM   #15
Poindexter

Quote:
I can’t believe some of the things people post here. The benefits are you don’t get Covid and die. The risks are discovered during the clinical trials and to some degree after the vaccine has been given to the general public.
You do realize that vaccines traditionally take 4 to 6 years to be developed and safety tested before being released to the public. You do realize that Dr. Fauci is on tape saying he had one job and that was to create a vaccine even though according to Google he is in charge of:

Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., Director of NIAID, oversees research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases, immune-related illnesses, and allergies.

You do realize that he basically went all in with his choice of Vaccines. Vaccines were the only tool he was going to use to fill his duty. Not only that, shortly after telling Mark Zuckerberg enthusiastically that there was a lot of good buzz about hydroxychloroquine (hydroxy for the rest of this post) even though he had Choloroquine up on his centers web site as a treatment for the original Covid. As soon as Trump mentioned it, mums the word. He basically threw our sitting president under the bus let the msm annihilate him, thwarted doctors from being able to use Hydroxy and then eventually Ivermectin and other medications to save lives. He gave hospitals no direction on how to treat covid other than sending people home with Tylenol even though the frontline doctors that NPR is so quick to ridicule today knew from the onset early treatment was key and doctor Kory learned early and testified to the senate that Steroids were a key treatment (but hospitals still don't give the proper dosage on them). All so we can go all in on vaccines many months later. So basically everybody that died between 2 weeks after Trump mentioned Hydroxy and the day that people were finally able to get vaccinated perhaps could have lived if our Director of the NIAID would have done his job, worked with the doctors, educated the media, educated the public and used effective protocols in hospitals (or even allowed patients to choose these protocols in hospitals). But that was not the agenda and that never happened to this day. In fact just the opposite. Hydroxy doesn't work. Ivermectin is horse dewormer, they are both very dangerous, these reckless doctors are killing people....It is like we are playing a ****Ing board game called Pandemic rather than using our entire society collectively to solve a crisis.

But you in your infinite wisdom like to say if not for vaccines millions more would have died. Yes, if you don't treat sick patients properly for 2 years, you can argue that Vaccines saved lives (they also killed some people and they will kill others-the numbers we will never know). But had they done everything properly from the beginning, let real good doctors that were figuring out what was working educate the government and other doctors and help develop real effective hospitals protocols the death rate would have been a fraction of what it turned out to be (25 % or 30% maybe) and this would have included all the people that died with the adults in the room (I believe that is what the Biden administration is affectionately called by you lefties).

I am not going to say that the vaccines are a total failure, because they do save lives. Also honestly I do not have a problem with them being released when they were(if they actually went out and investigate the vaers cases and reported the suspicious deaths and treated this like a brand new vaccine with unknown side effects. But no, we have the Trusted News Initiative. Nothing that can cause vaccine hesitancy can come to the surface. I have a problem with the lack of transparency. They could have come up with: We have a very dangerous virus that is killing people. We have a vaccine with unknown side effects. Here is who is dying from this disease. We advise any patient at high risk or any patient that wants to protect themselves to take it. I assure you that just about everybody over 65 would have participated as they did. I am sure most folks with underlying conditions also would have taken the vaccine. The rest would have consulted their doctor and made a personal choice and waited to see what happened.

To put it bluntly, I am saying that in a very evil intentional act many humans around the world were left to die so there would be more desperation for people to use vaccines or less vaccine hesitancy and make the beneficiaries (Brought to you by Pfizer) very wealthy. Those, Mr. Mostpost are the facts. You are not going to hear them for the New York Times or Washington Post or Rachel or Lawrence or Anderson or Sanjay or whoever else forms your opinion, but they are very much the facts. Now go ahead and tell me what a nutcase I am. It is all good. I know the truth and you live in a delusionary world (maybe that is self preservation for you, who knows).