Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #46
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yes, sad news in Lakerville no doubt.

I think that the Clips will be fine in the first round even if BG can't create, remember last season the Clips beat a tough and experienced Grizzly team and won games in Nashville which is a super hard place to win. They were dead tired in their series vs SA who was rested, it didnt work out well for them....they're a much more polished team this year. You also have to remember that CP3, Blake, Caron and Bled were injured in that second round last year and in fact, they were banged up in the first round and still won, despite a lack of experience.

Now, you have 2nd year CP3, you'll have (hopefully) a healthy Chauncey. You have a much better 2nd unit with Matt Barnes and J Crossover and a much improved Deandre Jordan. Last year, not only could DJ not make an actual shot (other than a rare FT make and a dunk) now he's got a little bit of a post move game....he's no Tim Duncan, but he's actually posting guys up on occasion and making little hook shots. They need DJ and Blake to improve the FTs no doubt, i agree with you there.

To my eye, the Clippers and Heat are the 2 best teams in the NBA, the Thunder and Spurs are 3rd and 4th.....i know CJ is a big Thunder fan and he's going to jump on me for this, but the Thunder might be built more for the regular season right now than the playoffs....for his sake i hope i'm wrong i'd love to see someone other than Lebron win again, but i think the NBA west finals will come down to Clips and Thunder to see who faces the Heat in the finals.

I think it all depends on who's guarding Blake and if they have to double team him...remember, the Clippers are stacked with 3 pt shooters...its going to be really hard to double Blake, he's going to be one on one with someone down there so the team they're playing better have someone athletic enough to guard him...ought to be fun!
Excellent work Riles. For your sake I hope you're correct. I do think the HEAT, as long as LeBron is healthy, will be nearly impossible to beat.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #47
overthehill

thanks i thought perhaps the horse stumbled. i have not seen this ever.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #48
Ernie Dahlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
So is it possible that the people holding the ticket on the 5 thought that the 6 was the second best horse and decided to try to bet the 6 down to the favorite to increase their chances of winning?
There is no way to know how much you have to bet to make a horse go off the favorite, someone else might want another horse to be favored.
Ernie Dahlman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #49
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Dahlman
There is no way to know how much you have to bet to make a horse go off the favorite, someone else might want another horse to be favored.
Which is exactly why I posted my picture to the original assertion. It was beyond silly.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #50
the little guy

Quote:
You must really be bored to be responding to lunacy of that kind.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 10:02 AM   #51
The Judge

Scratches In Pick 6

Can you imagine it's entirely possible that the guy who had the only 6 on his ticket also had the 5 so when the 5 scratched he had the 6 twice. In this case it would be a good outcome but what if the 6 lost he would have had one horse (#6 ) two times rather then having 2 horses running for his money in the final leg.

Live tickets in the pick 6 should never be known until after the last race by anyone at the track, and alternate horses should be chosen by bettors in every leg of the pick 6.
The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #52
acorn54

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge
Can you imagine it's entirely possible that the guy who had the only 6 on his ticket also had the 5 so when the 5 scratched he had the 6 twice. In this case it would be a good outcome but what if the 6 lost he would have had one horse (#6 ) two times rather then having 2 horses running for his money in the final leg.

Live tickets in the pick 6 should never be known until after the last race by anyone at the track, and alternate horses should be chosen by bettors in every leg of the pick 6.
that would make too much sense for the powers-that-be in the horse racing industry
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #53
Cholly

Good news about AF Hennessey—according to The Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/horse...3NqyvmtaQWAxNO), after being knocked unconscious for a few minutes, after treatment he came to and walked out on his own power.

Monday’s buy-in of $333K seemed light; usually a carry-over of $110K will bring in 500+ at NYRA tracks. I wouldn’t have thought the HailMary-6 at GP would cannibalize real Pick6 players at NYRA, but maybe the sharps have figured out that even with the 52% “removal”, they can still make money by hammering logical tickets multiple times.

btw…any reports of Andy Serling being seen out on the town quaffing Dom Perignon last night?
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #54
Ernie Dahlman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
You must really be bored to be responding to lunacy of that kind.
It's nice to get a response from both you and CJ. I thought you both had me on ignore.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #55
the little guy

Quote:
It's nice to get a response from both you and CJ. I thought you both had me on ignore.
I only ignore people that make idiotic claims about my tone on the air, and how it shows me to be alive in Pick-6s, and then bought champagne around town to celebrate the big score.....i.e. ridiculous dopes.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #56
Ernie Dahlman

Quote:
I only ignore people that make idiotic claims about my tone on the air, and how it shows me to be alive in Pick-6s, and then bought champagne around town to celebrate the big score.....i.e. ridiculous dopes.
I used to bet at Suffolk OTB. A few times there was only one winner in the pick 6 and it was bet at Suffolk OTB. The next day I'd have people congratulating me for having the only winning ticket. Harvey Pack had said (on his show), "the winning ticket was bet at Suffolk OTB. I guess we all know who had it." It was never me.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #57
Vinman

Quote:
I used to bet at Suffolk OTB. A few times there was only one winner in the pick 6 and it was bet at Suffolk OTB. The next day I'd have people congratulating me for having the only winning ticket. Harvey Pack had said (on his show), "the winning ticket was bet at Suffolk OTB. I guess we all know who had it." It was never me.
Ernie...would love to hear your opinion on the dime Rainbow 6 at GP, with the carryover now in excess of 3MM. Do you plan on playing it on closing day? Any other day? Do you think that NYRA should introduce a similar "Jackpot" wager?

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
Ernie Dahlman

I haven't played it but I'm sure I'll play it on closing day, if it's carried over. As for NYRA I think they should look into anything that might stimulate interest. It seems to me that they've been going in the wrong direction and they need to put people in charge that know something about gaming.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #59
Cholly

Quote:
damn, I was hoping he had hit it, esp. after he called out the big price horse.

For those of us exiled to following via the internet, Mr. Serling’s commentary makes the race day immensely more interesting and entertaining than it otherwise would be. A thousand others & me would’ve thought it terrific if he’d been the guy dragging down a hundred gee (or two) yesterday.
Cholly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #60
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholly
damn, I was hoping he had hit it, esp. after he called out the big price horse.

For those of us exiled to following via the internet, Mr. Serling’s commentary makes the race day immensely more interesting and entertaining than it otherwise would be. A thousand others & me would’ve thought it terrific if he’d been the guy dragging down a hundred gee (or two) yesterday.
There's a disconnect here...or is it just me?

But, thanks. I wish I had hit it as well. But, I didn't play it.