Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
completebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy
HAS ANYONE HERE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT ONE TYPE OF WAGER OR THIER SPOT PLAYS BUT LOST MORE BACK ON OTHER PLAYS. SOUNDS LIKE AN EASY ANSWER TO JUST ONLY PLAY THE ONES THAT ARE ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL. ITS NOT. I NEED TO FIND AWAY TO AUTOMATE MY WAGERS AND HAVE THEM IN BY NOON AND THEN PREVENT MY BRAIN FROM MAKING MORE WAGERS THAT DAY THAT ARE NOT MY SPOT PLAYS, HUNCH BETS, CRAP FROM TVG TELLING ME HOW HOTA HORSE IS. THE ACTION BETS ARE KILLING ME. I AM CONSIDERING TURNING MY ACCTS OVER TO A THIRD PARTY TO PLACE THEM AND NOT LET ME HAVE ACCESS...AFTER 1PM. I THINK IF I JUST BET 2 TO SHOW A RACE IT WILL NOT HELP EITHER.
You have quite obviously supplied your own answers. If I understand your quandry, you seek to learn how to stop from making "action" bets, tips, etc., AFTER you have placed your early bets for the day, in which you apparently have confidence.

HOW do you stop?? I am NOT trying to be a smart-ass here---you just STOP. If you are unable to stop, you are dealing with a true compulsion, and have several choices: 1) Give control of your money to a trusted 3d party, let them make the bets, and somehow assure that you have absolutely no access to betting money that day;

2) Quit gambling--Gamblers Anonymous may be helpful to you;

3) Since the Gamblers anonymous approach pretty much requires complete "abstinence" (cessation of ALL betting), if you truly believe you can be profitable on those early bets, but are unable to keep making those destructive later bets, maybe individual therapy might help you.

I am not trying to be facetious. It sound like you are admitting to a problem in compulsive betting. If you can't find a way to control it (see suggestions, above), you might just have to quit!---------Good Luck!
completebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
.............and I have always wondered why people worship guns. Is it some phallic replacement therapy?

never understood how a killing device could have reverence.
Seriously...it might be best if you just stopped posting here...you are clearly whacked...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #18
Pell Mell
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Seriously...it might be best if you just stopped posting here...you are clearly whacked...
I think he was basically told the same thing by his shrink.
Pell Mell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply