Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-27-2020, 12:15 PM   #4681
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Why would he frown on prayer directed to HIM!?

It's your "pompous ass" that is going to fry one day, so watch your own. Maybe you can even do some practice runs by duct taping your hands to your pompous ass to see if you can find when you're so up close and personal with it!
You said prayer requires an object. Is your god an object? Is Jesus?
Old 04-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #4682
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You said prayer requires an object. Is your god an object? Is Jesus?
Yes to both. Look up the definition of "object". Love requires an object, also.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:09 PM   #4683
hcap

Quote:
Yes to both. Look up the definition of "object". Love requires an object, also.
You screwed up. Oh great expert on everything and pompous ass, you used the wrong word. Most english speakers and almost everyone who is not hung up in Boxcarian thinks of things, not a deity, as an OBJECT. What obscure dictionary are you using?

Definition of object from your 2nd bible. MW.

(Entry 1 of 3)
1a : something material that may be perceived by the senses I see an object in the distance.
b : something that when viewed stirs a particular emotion (such as pity) Look on the tragic loading of this bed … the object poisons sight; let it be hid.— William Shakespeare
2a : something mental or physical toward which thought, feeling, or action is directed an object for study the object of my affection delicately carved art objects
b : something physical that is perceived by an individual and becomes an agent for psychological identification The mother is the primary object of the child.
3a : the goal or end of an effort or activity : purpose, objective Their object is to investigate the matter thoroughly. The object of the game is to score the most points.
b : a cause for attention or concern Money is no object.
4 : a thing that forms an element of or constitutes the subject matter of an investigation or science objects of study
5a : a noun or noun equivalent (such as a pronoun, gerund, or clause) denoting the goal or result of the action of a verb (such as ball in I hit the ball)
b : a noun or noun equivalent in a prepositional phrase (such as table in on the table)
6a : a data structure in object-oriented programming that can contain functions (see function entry 1 sense 7) as well as constants, variables, and other data structures
b : a discrete entity (such as a window or icon) in computer graphics (see graphic entry 2 sense 2b) that can be manipulated independently of other such entities
.................................................. ............................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ass
Love requires an object, also
Religion as far as I know, does not suggest the love of things

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2020 at 02:13 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #4684
boxcar

[quote=hcap;2594594]You screwed up. Oh great expert on everything and pompous ass, you used the wrong word. Most english speakers and almost everyone who is not hung up in Boxcarian thinks of things, not a deity, as an OBJECT. What obscure dictionary are you using?

Definition of object from your 2nd bible. MW.

(Entry 1 of 3)
1a : something material that may be perceived by the senses I see an object in the distance.
b : something that when viewed stirs a particular emotion (such as pity) Look on the tragic loading of this bed … the object poisons sight; let it be hid.— William Shakespeare
2a : something mental or physical toward which thought, feeling, or action is directed an object for study the object of my affection delicately carved art objects
b : something physical that is perceived by an individual and becomes an agent for psychological identification The mother is the primary object of the child.
3a : the goal or end of an effort or activity : purpose, objective Their object is to investigate the matter thoroughly. The object of the game is to score the most points.
b : a cause for attention or concern Money is no object.
4 : a thing that forms an element of or constitutes the subject matter of an investigation or science objects of study
5a : a noun or noun equivalent (such as a pronoun, gerund, or clause) denoting the goal or result of the action of a verb (such as ball in I hit the ball)
b : a noun or noun equivalent in a prepositional phrase (such as table in on the table)
6a : a data structure in object-oriented programming that can contain functions (see function entry 1 sense 7) as well as constants, variables, and other data structures
b : a discrete entity (such as a window or icon) in computer graphics (see graphic entry 2 sense 2b) that can be manipulated independently of other such entities
.................................................. ............................

Quote:
Religion as far as I know, does not suggest the love of things
So, you aren't a material entity?

Also, God is presented in the scriptures as a Person -- a personal, spiritual being. Since man is commanded to love God (this being the first and foremost commandment), then when his children express love to him, He becomes the object of their love! Just as he is the object of their faith!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/object?s=t

Last edited by boxcar; 04-27-2020 at 02:46 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #4685
hcap

Quote:

So, you aren't a material entity?

Also, God is presented in the scriptures as a Person -- a personal, spiritual being. Since man is commanded to love God (this being the first and foremost commandment), then when his children express love to him, He becomes the object of their love! Just as he is the object of their faith!

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/object?s=t
I don't care about your interpretation of snippets from the bible.
Hold on bunky, now you are not using your second bible, Miriam Webster because it shows you screwed up?

Looks like you scoured the internet to find a third bible, Dictionary.comthat sort of supports you.

Gee what a surprise!

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 04:21 PM   #4686
boxcar

Quote:
I don't care about your interpretation of snippets from the bible.
Hold on bunky, now you are not using your second bible, Miriam Webster because it shows you screwed up?

Looks like you scoured the internet to find a third bible, Dictionary.comthat sort of supports you.

Gee what a surprise!
I did use the MW. What part of my question didn't you get about whether or not you are a [b]material[/i] entity!?

Also, you don't even understand your own MW definition: What part of 3a didn't you get? Since prayer is an activity, then why can't God be the goal or end of such activity!?
Old 04-27-2020, 05:50 PM   #4687
hcap

Quote:
I did use the MW. What part of my question didn't you get about whether or not you are a [b]material[/i] entity!?

Also, you don't even understand your own MW definition: What part of 3a didn't you get? Since prayer is an activity, then why can't God be the goal or end of such activity!?
MW is your second bible. How cone you did not use it in your definition of "object"?

Quote:
3a : the goal or end of an effort or activity : purpose, objective Their object is to investigate the matter thoroughly. The object of the game is to score the most point
Goal, end, object. Ain't nothing here to pray to. Activity may be prayer, but an "activity" ain't something to pray to.

Waste someone else's time.

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2020 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:45 PM   #4688
boxcar

Quote:
MW is your second bible. How cone you did not use it in your definition of "object"?

Goal, end, object. Ain't nothing here to pray to. Activity may be prayer, but an "activity" ain't something to pray to.

Waste someone else's time.
If one doesn't pray to God then he's praying TO himself! He's the object or goal of his own prayer!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:54 PM   #4689
hcap

Quote:
If one doesn't pray to God then he's praying TO himself! He's the object or goal of his own prayer!
Last I heard praying to an object is not praying to god.
Quote:
Prayer requires and object. .
So you say.Oh wise one with twisted tongue

Besides praying to a cruel child killer makes you even more twisted
Old 04-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #4690
Light
Veteran

Quote:

Is that what you think Jesus meant when he called his enemies sons of the devil?
Jesus said “love your enemies”

Quote:
Also, here's a newsflash for you: God, like all angels, is spirit and he doesn't conceive physical children either!
Here’s a big newsflash for you. Matter and energy (spirit) are interchangeable That's what Einstein's E=Mc2 means.

Quote:
Your "best friend" disagrees!

Matt 24:14
14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
NIV

I'll take his word over yours any day.
You are attempting to deceive. That quote is talking about “good news” about the end of times. It doesn’t mean the Real Kingdom of God has a literal Gospel.In other versions it is clear:

And this Good News about the Kingdom will be preached through all the world for a witness to all people; and then the end will come

Quote:
Wishful thinking. Only God's chosen people are born again. Universal salvation is not taught anywhere in scripture.
God created us out of Himself, but still within Him. Therefore, there cannot be anyone without his Holiness nor anyone unworthy of his Divine Love.

Also everyone is saved through Christ when he died for the all the sins of the world.

Quote:
Oh...so Buddha is not a religion then? What is it? Either Buddhism is a religion and YOU contradicted yourself, or Buddhism is not a religion. Which is it?
Buddhism is a way of life in the here and now for our spiritual growth. Buddha claimed to be an enlightened teacher not a God.

Quote:
I asked you why you would give Big Bud the right time of day when he didn't claim divinity
Buddhist practice for while they are alive. You practice for your death. And you don't practice any of the "Christian ways" Jesus taught on how to live. You have no discipline so you are not a disciple.

Furthermore there are 2 important spiritual aspects not recognized by Christianity. One is meditation which is the main tool to discover yourself and God within. This is how I know Jesus was right when he said "The Kingdom God is within you". I actually experience it.

You are in denial of that because you don't know who you are and are afraid of your real self. Your real self is a threat to your ego. You are just a snake who likes to spew venom while claiming to be Holy because you only know how to put others down so you can feel superior. Hardly Holy.

The other aspect that Christianity ignores blindly is reincarnation just because it is not mentioned in the Bible, but it has been proven to exist.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2020, 08:30 PM   #4691
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Explain how it's false: Many unbelievers do believe in certain biblical propositions, JUST AS professing believers don't!

So, explain how it's "Totally false"!
The first line of the quote is

"There are at least twelve historical facts about Jesus that even non-Christian critical scholars will admit:"

Now let's take another statement that you have made repeatedly in the past:

"You did not qualify your statement."

Now unless you are setting a double standard, and thus appealing to the fallacy of special pleading, the writers of the subject statement did not qualify said statement, i.e., they did not say:

"There are at least twelve historical facts about Jesus that even some non-Christian critical scholars will admit:"

Nor did they say:

"There are at least twelve historical facts about Jesus that even most non-Christian critical scholars will admit:"

So unless you want to admit to a double standard and appeal to the fallacy of special pleading, what they obviously meant was:

"There are at least twelve historical facts about Jesus that all non-Christian critical scholars will admit:"

Which is totally false.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:18 AM   #4692
hcap

Quote:
Praying is a much more expansive concept then petitioning a deity to fulfill one's desires.
Old 04-28-2020, 12:00 PM   #4693
boxcar

Quote:
Praying is a much more expansive concept then petitioning a deity to fulfill one's desires.
So, you pray to yourself? Prayer is a petition TO someone! Ask Jesus: He prayed TO his Father all the time.

Prayer, like love, like faith, etc. demands an object!
Old 04-28-2020, 12:05 PM   #4694
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Jesus said “love your enemies”
Then Jesus contradicted himself? Do you know that shortly before Jesus' death, he came down really hard on his enemies with the 7 woes he pronounced on them in Matthew 23? I don't feel the "love" of Jesus in that chapter!

You also don't know that the main reason Jesus came into the world was not love Satan but to defeat his arch enemy.

1 John 3:-8
8 He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work.
NIV

And,

Rom 16:20
20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
NIV

Jesus, Shirley has a very strange way of expressing his love toward his enemies.

Quote:
Here’s a big newsflash for you. Matter and energy (spirit) are interchangeable That's what Einstein's E=Mc2 means.
As your "best friend",

John 3:6
6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
NASB

And the twain has only met in one person in world history: God incarnate Jesus Christ!

Also, your "best friend" said:

John 4:24
24 God is spirit , and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
NIV

Also, if you're going to appeal to Einsten for spritiua truth, you should understand that if he eas right, then people can be born of the devil, since he, too, is pure spirit! If people can be born of God the way you claim, then they can be born of the devil in the same manner! Better let your mind catch up to your runaway fingers!

Quote:
]you are attempting to deceive. That quote is talking about “good news” about the end of times. It doesn’t mean the Real Kingdom of God has a literal Gospel.In other versions it is clear:

[I]And this Good News about the Kingdom will be preached through all the world for a witness to all people; and then the end will come[/I
Gospel means good news, deceiver. Now why don't you tell us what the "good news" is? This should really be interesting.

Quote:
God created us out of Himself, but still within Him. Therefore, there cannot be anyone without his Holiness nor anyone unworthy of his Divine Love.
No. God created everything ex nihilo! Your pantheism is showing.

Heb 11:3
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
NIV

If all human beings share God's essence, then none of us would die, since God is eternal and cannot die. God's essence is pure existence. But the fact that we all die, says that our essence is different from God's. In fact, it's only God's elect who have been made partakers of the "divine nature" (2Pet 1:4). Only those born again from above!

Quote:
Also everyone is saved through Christ when he died for the all the sins of the world.
He died for the sins of His church!

Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
NIV

And,

Acts 20:28
28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.
NIV

There's not one text in scripture that says that Jesus died for each and every person in the world. Not one.

Quote:
Buddhism of life in the here and now for our spiritual growth. Buddha claimed to be an enlightened teacher not a God.

Buddhist practice for while they are alive. You practice for your death. And you don't practice any of the "Christian ways" Jesus taught on how to live. You have no discipline so you are not a disciple.

Furthermore there are 2 important spiritual aspects not recognized by Christianity. One is meditation which is the main tool to discover yourself and God within. This is how I know Jesus was right when he said "The Kingdom God is within you". I actually experience it.

You are in denial of that because you don't know who you are and are afraid of your real self. Your real self is a threat to your ego. You are just a snake who likes to spew venom while claiming to be Holy because you only know how to put others down so you can feel superior. Hardly Holy.

The other aspect that Christianity ignores blindly is reincarnation just because it is not mentioned in the Bible, but it has been proven to exist.
So, Jesus, the very God of God, the Creator of the universe, the Sustainer of all things right now, the Savior of all men (Jews + Gentiles) was not as enlightened as Big Bud was, right? Jesus was either ignorant of meditation and reincarnation, or he wasn't powerful and wise enough to impart that kind of spiritual understanding to his disciples? Which? Or worse, Jesus deceived his disciples by teaching the doctrine of resurrection instead of reincarnation?
Old 04-28-2020, 01:02 PM   #4695
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Now that I have a few more minutes, let's delve further into this:

Jesus repeatedly called his Jewish contemporaries EVIL! He never called any human being "holy".

Secondly, the only One worthy of the Father's love was the Father's only begotten Son (Mat 3:17; 17:5; Mk 1:1`1; Lk 3:22; 2Pet 1:17).

Jesus was the only human being to proceed from the Father by the conception of the Holy Spirit through the womb of a virgin. Jesus was and still is fully God and fully man.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 1:18

No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 1:14

And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3:18

He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 John 4:9

By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

You are, Mr. Light, truly like your father -- the same spiritual father who spawned Christ's enemies the Pharisees! You lie almost as well as you daddy does!