Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-26-2016, 10:24 AM   #16
Shelby

How could anyone do this? I'm in tears.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #17
Grits

Light is shone on the fact that the horses are not only moved from pillar to post, they're not fed, not watered, they're sick and they're dying. This is rampant abuse.

There's law enforcement in every county in Kentucky!
Where were they?

I'm sorry, I don't know what NFG is, but in my mind, how well connected one is, one's age, one's attractiveness or lack thereof, doesn't have one thing to do with how we care for horses, or any other animal. Nor does, either, determine whether our attention or our help is warranted.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Where is PETA?

Someone 'splain that to me.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #19
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
I'm sorry, I don't know what NFG is
I think it's short for No (dirty F word) Good.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #20
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
I think it's short for No (dirty F word) Good.
Thank you, Statman.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:40 PM   #21
macguy

I think there's a strong possibility that there may be a little more going on here that we realize with her.

It's certainly not normal behavior for anyone to be treating animals with such a high amount of neglect. You'll notice in the write up that it's not just her horses that are ignored, but also her dogs as well. The dogs were more or less given the run of the house, and the closest she seems to get to cleaning up after them is to make a number of two foot piles of dog feces out back by the deck. They apparently made a total mess of the house inside as well, which indicates that they weren't getting near enough attention.

So the question remains, if she's running a farm and the farm isn't getting run (at all), what is she doing with all her time?

Before we jump all over her saying she's a terrible person, there's a strong possibility that she might have some sort substance abuse problem (be it drugs or alcohol) that needs addressing. The signs are all there. She doesn't look after anything she owns, she's apparently never around working on her farms, and she's apparently constantly broke.

Her time and money have to be going somewhere, I just don't see how someone in their right mind can honestly treat animals in this way and not have it weighing highly on their conscience.
macguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:56 PM   #22
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
All I ever said is that she has a potential claim to get paid by Mattress Mac. She still does and it is being litigated.

I certainly never held her up as a moral exemplar of anything, and indeed, if the allegations in this article are close to being true, she needs to be at least stripped of her licenses and possibly prosecuted for animal neglect.
She never had a valid claim. It will be one of the easiest decisions a judge has ever made and will be tossed out within minutes. She was paid on salary (and a handsome salary at that), meaning she was an EMPLOYEE, so is NOT due the "standard" that is paid to NON-EMPLOYEE subcontractors.

She has zero chance of winning this case.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #23
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
The horrible part is she keeps doing this. I never knew you could just rent a farm, run up some bills stiff the help and move on.

And worst part is the father. Obviously she's either mentally ill or massively unfit to run a business. The fact there's an accomplice in this blows my mind.
The story illustrated that the apple didn't fall far away from the tree.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:02 PM   #24
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
Can all of this by true? I mean, exactly as it is reported? Seems unlikely to me that someone can be that callous. Didn't she sleep in the stall with Runhappy? Would someone do that and, at the same time, allow the things to go on that were reported? I certainly hope this is some sort of exaggeration or maybe just untrue. If not....wow.

Animal cruelty is in the same category as rape and murder in my book. It's one of the absolute most despicable things a human being can do during their time on this planet. I somehow wonder how I am the same species as a person that would abuse, be cruel or just be uncaring towards animals. I have no idea how someone could consider themselves a human being and have the capacity to do these things. There is no hyperbole in my statements. You are flat-out subhuman if you're cruel to animals and really deserve no place on this earth.
Sure, it can be true. First, I doubt she really "slept" in the stall with Runhappy. That's dangerous, unnecessary, unsanitary, and uncomfortable. But he was a star horse, putting her in the spotlight, so of course she could and would act differently with him.

Last edited by Fager Fan; 05-26-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #25
Grits

Extremely wise post. So observant! My thought has been one of reservation, not bandwagon, as this could go quite badly for this young woman. We never know what is behind closed doors. We never know what one person can, or cannot, handle as related to condemnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy
I think there's a strong possibility that there may be a little more going on here that we realize with her.

It's certainly not normal behavior for anyone to be treating animals with such a high amount of neglect. You'll notice in the write up that it's not just her horses that are ignored, but also her dogs as well. The dogs were more or less given the run of the house, and the closest she seems to get to cleaning up after them is to make a number of two foot piles of dog feces out back by the deck. They apparently made a total mess of the house inside as well, which indicates that they weren't getting near enough attention.

So the question remains, if she's running a farm and the farm isn't getting run (at all), what is she doing with all her time?

Before we jump all over her saying she's a terrible person, there's a strong possibility that she might have some sort substance abuse problem (be it drugs or alcohol) that needs addressing. The signs are all there. She doesn't look after anything she owns, she's apparently never around working on her farms, and she's apparently constantly broke.

Her time and money have to be going somewhere, I just don't see how someone in their right mind can honestly treat animals in this way and not have it weighing highly on their conscience.
Edit: spelling

Last edited by Grits; 05-26-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #26
elhelmete

This bears an eerie resemblance to a notorious woman in the harness world, Monica somethingorother.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #27
AlBundy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete
This bears an eerie resemblance to a notorious woman in the harness world, Monica somethingorother.

Thors....or whatever name she goes by now.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #28
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
She never had a valid claim. It will be one of the easiest decisions a judge has ever made and will be tossed out within minutes. She was paid on salary (and a handsome salary at that), meaning she was an EMPLOYEE, so is NOT due the "standard" that is paid to NON-EMPLOYEE subcontractors.

She has zero chance of winning this case.
Fager, contract law is not that simple. Go to law school, take a contracts class, and see if your views of contract interpretation survive exposure to the relevant caselaw.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #29
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Extremely wise post. So observant! My thought has been one of reservation, not bandwagon, as this could go quite badly for this young woman. We never know what is behind closed doors. We never know what one person can, or cannot, handle as related to condemnation.

Edit: spelling
No doubt she's having a bad day. I can't feel sorry for her though. I was skeptical at the very beginning when she aired dirty laundry by tweeting her firing. I then saw the video where she was blocking the landlord with her truck. I knew all I needed to at that point. She is a perfect example of trailer trash.

She harmed a lot of people and a lot of horses. She deserves a swift kick in the ass. Given her father, she's not going to get it from family. She didn't learn the last time, getting into the same kind of trouble again with training for DAS. Maybe this kick in the ass will be felt and she'll lick her wounds and decide to change and grow up.
Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #30
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Fager, contract law is not that simple. Go to law school, take a contracts class, and see if your views of contract interpretation survive exposure to the relevant caselaw.
This case IS that simple. She has no leg to stand on. It's a simple case.

What's amusing is that she hurts her own case by taking her next job that wasn't by standard terms. I guess you think she can sue DAS for day rate since that's standard?

Want to make a bet on how this case turns out?

Last edited by Fager Fan; 05-26-2016 at 06:11 PM.