Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 02-06-2016, 11:52 AM   #91
Secondbest

If anyone is interested I just read on vegasinsider that Billy Walters went with the broncos when the line to +6. Don't know if true or not but that was what they wrote.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 05:13 PM   #92
Shelby

I'm probably one of the few Bronco fans here. I've been one since I knew what football was --hard not to be when you grow up in Colorado. I've been watching the NFL channel since Monday. I feel like it's Christmas eve right now. I cannot wait for the game. I love me some Peyton. Been cooking today so I don't have to do much tomorrow except drink wine to calm my nerves and be glued to the tv
Old 02-07-2016, 08:28 AM   #93
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I'm probably one of the few Bronco fans here. I've been one since I knew what football was --hard not to be when you grow up in Colorado. I've been watching the NFL channel since Monday. I feel like it's Christmas eve right now. I cannot wait for the game. I love me some Peyton. Been cooking today so I don't have to do much tomorrow except drink wine to calm my nerves and be glued to the tv
Shelby, I imagine there are plenty of Broncos fans. Remember, this room's pretty big!! Aside from Cam, there's no other quarterback I'd rather see on the field than Peyton.

Enjoy your good food, your wine, and most of all tonight's game, this has been a long year of football. Kick off can't come soon enough.

It's Christmas morning....

#KEEP POUNDING
BRING THE LOMBARDI HOME TO CAROLINA
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #94
ebcorde
Veteran

Mannig has had more bad plays

than good plays since he came back. That will cost Denver. This game is a lock. Carolina.

Denver's only hope, Carolina inexplicably has a lot of turnovers. Not seeing it. these guys are too confident like the old great dominant NFC teams
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #95
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

#I'mwithShelby.....

*sing*
Payton's gonna blow 'em out
Old 02-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #96
Secondbest

Tom beat me to it. All you hear is Carolina blows them out or wins close.Denver can only win close blah blah.No one picks Denver in a blowout.As an contrarian pick Denver big is my pick.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #97
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest
Tom beat me to it. All you hear is Carolina blows them out or wins close.Denver can only win close blah blah.No one picks Denver in a blowout.As an contrarian pick Denver big is my pick.
The Panthers in a blowout could be construed as a contrarian pick to the contrarian pick
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 10:40 AM   #98
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
The Panthers in a blowout could be construed as a contrarian pick to the contrarian pick
Old 02-07-2016, 10:55 AM   #99
Grits

Quote:
This won't happen. Any team can lose--and does. Panthers did so this year--once. But, they won't allow the turnovers, the interceptions, etc, that it'll take in order to be beaten by a blowout. Last night, Rivera was named NFL Coach Of The Year, Cam was named NFL MVP and NFL Offensive Player Of The Year. This coach, this young man, this team wants this game badly.

SRU has spoken of heart. They're wrapped up with it. They've been totally dismissed this year while winning throughout. This game may be a lot of things, but it won't be... Denver in a romp. Not against these guys. Not happening tonight.

Last edited by Grits; 02-07-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #100
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
YTD: 54-38-1

Carolina -4

IMO, Carolina is bettable up to -5 1/2. At minus 6, I would pass. Denver's D is very good but only slightly better than Carolina. Carolina actually has better pass D (73.5 QB rating against is best in NFL; Denver at 78.8 is 4th). Denver slightly better against the run. But offensively, Carolina has strong edges in rush yards/game and QB rating. But the biggest edge of all is in yards/point; a stat I like because it takes into account the empty yards of special teams and penalties.

Carolina 1st offensively in yards/point; 8th defensively in yards/point against
Denver 20th offensively in yards/point; 15th defensively in yards/point against

Panthers also has strong edges in kickoff returns (5th) while Denver is 27th. In penalty yardage, Carolina is 10th in least penalty yardage while Denver is 24th.

IMO, Carolina had a tougher road, beating Arizona and Seattle, while Denver beat a Steeler team hurt by injuries, and a New England team with numerous players less than 100%. Carolina's first half vs Seattle was arguably the best half of football by any team this year. I'm not going to complicate things. Sometimes its ok to take the chalk.
Under 43 1/2

While I'm on Carolina, I'm on them at -4, not -5.5 or 6. I don't see a blowout. The under is a partial hedge, but I see both coaches (yes, even Riverboat Ron) coaching defensively. I don't think either QB throws for over 250. I expect plenty of runs, which will keep the clock moving. Didn't get the best number, but that's because I waited too long.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 12:26 PM   #101
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

They've been totally dismissed this year while winning throughout.
Maybe before the season began but not since the season started. The Panthers were favored in 14 of 16 regular season games and both playoff games.

Or maybe it just gives "totally dismissed" new meaning!
Old 02-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #102
ManU918

Just got my block numbers... Bought two...

Carolina 0 and Denver 0
Denver 6 and Carolina 7

For the first time since the Bears - Colts Super Bowl I have an actual chance... Usually I get stuck with numbers like 9 and 2.
ManU918 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #103
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Maybe before the season began but not since the season started. The Panthers were favored in 14 of 16 regular season games and both playoff games.

Or maybe it just gives "totally dismissed" new meaning!
NJ, doubted would have been, on my part, a far better choice of words. This has been a constant, and the Panthers have been motivated greatly by it.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #104
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
If anyone is interested I just read on vegasinsider that Billy Walters went with the broncos when the line to +6. Don't know if true or not but that was what they wrote.
He prob has massive bet on Carolina at the opener and is looking for el centro.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #105
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
NJ, doubted would have been, on my part, a far better choice of words. This has been a constant, and the Panthers have been motivated greatly by it.
I know the greatest motivator is when 'nobody' thinks you can win, or a team feels 'disrespected' in some fashion. I haven't seen Carolina get disrespected, especially these last 2 weeks, what have you seen that is genuine in that regard?
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply