Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
TheEdge07
Veteran

Andrew Luck

Is the best QB in the NFl..

Brady MAYBE but he isnt as mobile as Luck he would get killed playing behind the COLT OFFENSIVE LINE

Rodgers
Manning
Ben
Russell
Kapernick

Couldnt win with the colt roster..

Luck has 8 game winning drivesin the 4th quarter or OT since the start of last season..the MOST by any QB qith a shit roster..

Last edited by TheEdge07; 09-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
tucker6

alcohol has a downside ...
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #3
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
alcohol has a downside ...
Whats your point?..Oh BTW no Qb has got hit more times then Luck last year..Suc i mean Tucker

Name one on the list that could win with the Colt roster i just gave you a stat... and your reply read from someone who HAS been drinking you know alcohol.

Last edited by TheEdge07; 09-08-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07

Brady MAYBE but he isnt as mobile as Luck he would get killed playing behind the COLT OFFENSIVE LINE

Rodgers
Manning
Ben
Russell
Kapernick

Luck has 8 game winning drivesin the 4th quarter or OT since the start of last season..the MOST by any QB qith a shit roster..
With all due respect Ben isn't even in top 12
Old 09-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:

Rodgers
Manning
Ben
Russell
Kapernick

Neither could Flacco, joesph
Old 09-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
proximity

don't know if he'll ever be as good as uncle peyton, but this kid is a very good player and in fact both quarterbacks were great today.

unfortunately, other than maybe the raiders coaching and laron landry.... that was it.

I see the fans on colts.com seem content with the win, but that is nonsense.

the (colts) coaching staff showed no ability to adjust to pryor and some of the recent management moves (like trading rayford to the cowboys for basically nothing and letting drake nevis go for absolutely nothing) need to be called into question. blind loyalty is faulty loyalty.

3rd round pick hugh thornton looked good in the preseason (when he finally started playing) and hopefully will take over soon for mc glynn who has to be one of the worst linemen in the league.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #7
tucker6

Quote:
Whats your point?..Oh BTW no Qb has got hit more times then Luck last year..Suc i mean Tucker

Name one on the list that could win with the Colt roster i just gave you a stat... and your reply read from someone who HAS been drinking you know alcohol.
I like Luck, but the level of koolaid (or alcohol) you're drinking is far too much. Any number of veteran QB's would have won that game earlier than Luck did. That's why I think the come-from-behind stat is garbage. A guy can screw up all game like Eli, and then throw a good pass and notch another come from behind victory. Why not win it in the 1st half for goodness sakes.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
I like Luck, but the level of koolaid (or alcohol) you're drinking is far too much. Any number of veteran QB's would have won that game earlier than Luck did. That's why I think the come-from-behind stat is garbage. A guy can screw up all game like Eli, and then throw a good pass and notch another come from behind victory. Why not win it in the 1st half for goodness sakes.
Not a Colt fan..1-15 the year before he arrived
He came along 12-4 with a shit roster and made post season

Enough said
Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
proximity

Quote:
the raiders were really dominating the time of possession. luck isn't peyton, but he "didn't screw up all game like eli" either.

we just couldn't get them off the field. it wasn't their rushing attack or passing attack.... it was all pryor, who deserves all of credit for keeping them in the game. I don't remember us having one three and out the entire game which was 100% on pryor. if Flynn would've started we would've buried them.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
tucker6

Quote:
Not a Colt fan..1-15 the year before he arrived
He came along 12-4 with a shit roster and made post season

Enough said
He single-handedly won 11 games last year?? The Colts didn't add or subtract any other players other than Luck?? I like the kid, but again, you're drinking too much koolaid.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
the raiders were really dominating the time of possession. luck isn't peyton, but he "didn't screw up all game like eli" either.

we just couldn't get them off the field. it wasn't their rushing attack or passing attack.... it was all pryor, who deserves all of credit for keeping them in the game. I don't remember us having one three and out the entire game which was 100% on pryor. if Flynn would've started we would've buried them.
I didn't mean to infer that Luck screwed up like Eli. I was referencing the fact that Giant fans like to bring up Eli's 4th qtr heroics, but fail to mention his screw ups earlier in the game that got them to the point of needing heroics.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
proximity

Quote:
He single-handedly won 11 games last year?? The Colts didn't add or subtract any other players other than Luck?? I like the kid, but again, you're drinking too much koolaid.
last year was a real good draft with luck, allen, and t.y. Hilton all contributing immediately. the jury is still out on coby fleener.

what this team really needs though is a line and although it does take a new line time to gel, today was not very encouraging. we did see some toughness and POWER from this thornton guy though when he finally came in vs the browns in pre-season and this may be the shot in the arm we need.

our front seven was just too slow to contain pryor today and we should have a better performance vs Miami.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #13
Valuist

The Colts were the first team in history to go 11-5 and get outscored on the season. They had a last place schedule and took advantage of some piss poor teams.

Fast forward to today: guess who they played? Another piss poor team. A terrible defensive team. I will give Luck credit for his 4th quarter comebacks, but he never should've been in position to come back today. If you are at home and trail the Raiders with a minute to play, you've got some problems. And next week they get another good scheduling scenario as Miami hits the road to the Midwest for the second time in a week. The AFC is really weak; New England looks very mortal, and after Denver and Houston, wouldn't shock me if the Colts got a wild card. Pitt is clearly down and Baltimore's player losses are well documented.

As for the comment about Ben not being a top 12 QB, I strongly disagree. He has ZERO help on that team. There's nothing. No quality RBs; Antonio Brown is ok; not great and certainly not a # 1. Emmanuel Sanders should not be a starter in the NFL. Their O-line hasn't been great; Roethlisberger is always running for his life.

Last edited by Valuist; 09-09-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Whose better then Ben....

1. Peyton
2. Eli
3. Romo
4. Kaepernick
5. Flacco (see cj dad I respect Flacco)
6. Wilson
7. Matt Ryan
8. Brees
9. Schaub
10. Rg3
11. Rodgers
12. Brady

Just off top of my head and by no means in order

Bens time has come and gone
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #15
proximity

again, i'm sorry we won a lot of games last year.

if you watch today's game though, Andrew luck didn't do anything wrong. drove the team to touchdowns on almost half of our possessions. unfortunately we didn't get 15 possessions like Denver did.

and we had that lousy raiders team contained..... except for #2. the colts chased the guy all over the field and simply couldn't catch him.... until the very end. the guy played an excellent football game.