Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

My opinion versus speculation on RA

I wish to clarify for some posters the differences between my opinions and my speculations.

My opinions regarding RA. Her 2009 campaign took too much out of her and I held this opinion in 2009. Running young female horses against older male horses is detrimental to the development of young female horses.

Continuing on with my opinions, RA hit bottom in the Preakness and once again hit bottom in the Woodward.

RA is not a true 10 furlong horse.

I have come to those conclusions A) based on Asmussen statements regarding how the connections underestimated how much the 2009 campaign affected her in 2010,
B)The losing racing record in 2010 against very weak competition

Turning to the 10 furlong issue, I was amused reading the opinions about any horse can get 10 furlongs and what comprises a true 10 furlong horse.

It is very true any horse can run 10 furlongs, but the standard is how long and how it is done. RA , I have concluded, is not a true furlong horse based on the time tested and honored objective handicapping criteria. A horse must be able to run the amount of ground in “reasonable” time for the class. One of the objective reasonable time tests is running the last ¼ in 24 seconds or less. Another objective reasonable time test is the relationship between the 3 year track record and the actual running time of the race. A stakes quality animal should be within 2 seconds of the 3 year tack record for the distance.

Applying these objective criteria to the facts, in my opinion R.A. is not a true 10 furlong horse.

As for speculations, I said that R.A may have had some physical injuries, due to the unusual way Asmussen handled the vacation period. This was conjecture, a guess, based on the unusual handing of her down time.

I also speculated about the possibility of breathing problems, resulting from the equipment change.

Another speculation I have applies to Dahoss’ performance against Only 11. I assume Dahoss is privy to inside information concerning East Coast horses. It is an assumption , mere conjecture, because I do not have any facts, only instinct.

I hope the above defines the parameters to understand the large difference between opinion and speculation, in my future postings.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Another speculation I have applies to Dahoss’ performance against Only 11. I assume Dahoss is privy to inside information concerning East Coast horses. It is an assumption , mere conjecture, because I do not have any facts, only instinct.
Wow. Can you next speculate on how he came up with his contest winners for Del Mar? Does he have inside information on West Coast horses too?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #3
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

He did not have the same effeciency at Del Mar.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He did not have the same effeciency at Del Mar.
Could you break it down for us?

Obviously, the RA stuff has been beaten to death 1000x, but I'd like to get to the meat and bones of the real reason for your new thread ASAP...thus my request for details...
Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
the little guy

Quote:

What would I do without the internet to make me laugh my ass off?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage

Obviously, the RA stuff has been beaten to death 1000x, but I'd like to get to the meat and bones of the real reason for your new thread ASAP...thus my request for details...

This post really makes me want to read this poster's previous 5000+ posts to see what other gems I have missed.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
What would I do without the internet to make me laugh my ass off?
My guess is you're the source of the inside info...

PS. I'm pretty sure SMTW is pulling our collective chains here...nobody could be this specious...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-10-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

As an aside, I am willing to have a head to head against Dahoss limiting it to the new OTH meet.

It can't be too much of a time consuming contest. I suggest Saturday and Sunday play. Limit the races to turf, so the AWS won't come into play, and you get only one play per day.

The minimum payout for win must be equal to or more than $10 for the win or the selection doesn't count. Also, to make it interesting I won't use pp's just my notes.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Also, to make it interesting I won't use pp's just my notes.
TLG is right...you are hilarious...who's gonna enforce this rule?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-10-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
TLG is right...you are hilarious...who's gonna enforce this rule?

You have to trust me.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Don't gloss over my request for dahoss/only11 contest details, since you obviously tracked it intently...
Old 09-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #12
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Off-shoot from the physicality thread. I tried to avoid thread drift, so I started a new thread.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You know what? This is silliness...you're obviously hunting for a reaction and you're almost getting it...I caution Dahoss to not jump off the handle here and feed into your song and dance.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
My guess is you're the source of the inside info...

PS. I'm pretty sure SMTW is pulling our collective chains here...nobody could be this specious...

Actually, it was an over the top example to highlight the difference between speculation and opinion. Sometimes, the more outlandish the example the easier it is for some of the dimmer bulbs to see the difference
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Actually, it was an over the top example to highlight the difference between speculation and opinion. Sometimes, the more outlandish the example the easier it is for some of the dimmer bulbs to see the difference
See reply #13
Closed Thread