Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Jess Hawsen Arown

Is Shepherd Smith going to be fired?

Ok, so I was busy channel surfing to find some coverage of the solar eclipse when I came upon Shepherd Smith on Fox News showing us a total eclipse of his phone my holding his smaller mouse between it and his eyes.

OK, so now I have to watch. He had a correspondent in Oregon talking to the people who have been camped out for days waiting for the show -- and Smith was mocking everybody. He kept a list of the comments people were making about what they were seeing and repeating them back to the viewers so that we all knew that people thought it was awesome.

Apparently, the Twitterverse was upset with him for not taking this seriously -- and to stop making fun of people. He kept claiming he was just having fun and was not making fun of anyone. But he kept on making fun of people, especially the ones with the tin foil hats (ok, it is all right to make fun of them).

I switched to CNN and heard some relevant scientific value of the event.

To be honest -- his words made him seem drunk -- but neither his mannerisms nor voice intonations made him seem other than sober. But I don't know.

HAPPY ECLIPSE DAY!!
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #2
chadk66

he's a strange dude. I'm not sure what's going on at FOX but someone ran it off the rails.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

HAPPY ECLIPSE DAY!!
TOTALLY!!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #4
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Ok, so I was busy channel surfing to find some coverage of the solar eclipse when I came upon Shepherd Smith on Fox News showing us a total eclipse of his phone my holding his smaller mouse between it and his eyes.

OK, so now I have to watch. He had a correspondent in Oregon talking to the people who have been camped out for days waiting for the show -- and Smith was mocking everybody. He kept a list of the comments people were making about what they were seeing and repeating them back to the viewers so that we all knew that people thought it was awesome.

Apparently, the Twitterverse was upset with him for not taking this seriously -- and to stop making fun of people. He kept claiming he was just having fun and was not making fun of anyone. But he kept on making fun of people, especially the ones with the tin foil hats (ok, it is all right to make fun of them).

I switched to CNN and heard some relevant scientific value of the event.

To be honest -- his words made him seem drunk -- but neither his mannerisms nor voice intonations made him seem other than sober. But I don't know.

HAPPY ECLIPSE DAY!!
Shepherd is a terrible commentator and reporter. His biased reporting has been evident for years.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #5
Marshall Bennett

He presents himself very well. He captures a viewers attention and holds it.
That said, whatever personal feelings people have about him or his biased offerings become irrelevant. He's good at what he's paid to do and the ratings translate to dollars. Until he crosses the line (Bill OReilly) I don't see FOX making any moves.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 07:15 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I thought his worst line during the Eclipse was when he was on that "bridge" that he was using to look outside at the sun, and as he was describing this viewing "bridge" at the Fox News building to the viewers, he quipped "in case you want to fire a missile up here."

I thought that was in incredibly poor taste...and I thought THAT was what this thread was going to be about...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #7
Tape Reader

Seriously, how does one fill an hour or so reporting on a friggin shadow?

I thought the word “God” was in there, so that should make some “righties” happy.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #8
barn32
tmrpots

LOL...People actually watch FOX news...LOL
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2017, 09:40 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
They used to..........the night of the first Repub presidential debate was the beginning of the end when some screwy producer decided to send their top talent (Megyn Kelly) after Trump. This was due to a grievous error in assessing how the American public received him.

This was not only the end of Megyn Kelly, but the end of Fox News as a safe harbor for conservatives. They are ripe for being toppled by a new conservative network. If someone with deep pockets comes along, in 3 years they could be bypassed, and 500 million in revenue could change to another channel.

Megyn Kelly will cycle through her contract at NBC with mediocre ratings, then probably get hired by CNN and fall off the planet to raise her kids around 2021.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #10
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Megyn Kelly will cycle ...
IS THIS ANOTHER REFERENCE TO HER... WHATEVER...?!!!!!?!?!?!?

just kidding but thought it might be fun to try and perfect the outraged role

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 08:46 AM   #11
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I thought his worst line during the Eclipse was when he was on that "bridge" that he was using to look outside at the sun, and as he was describing this viewing "bridge" at the Fox News building to the viewers, he quipped "in case you want to fire a missile up here."

I thought that was in incredibly poor taste...and I thought THAT was what this thread was going to be about...
I saw that too and wondered how that even came to his mind. I really dislike him.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #12
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
More than any other news network.

It aint even close.

That is because people know that you get less fake news there than the liberal media places.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2017, 12:02 PM   #13
Marshall Bennett

I truly believe the 3 major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS) are as bad if not worse than CNN. They have higher quality people working there perhaps, and prepare stories better. They also have the most devious as well. They invest a hell of a lot more in trashing Trump than CNN or MSNBC.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #14
lefty359

I think ol Shep should have been fired years ago for his Katrina coverage.

I was sorry to see Kelly and Oreilly go but Tucker Carlson is doing a great job.
lefty359 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2017, 10:46 PM   #15
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I think ol Shep should have been fired years ago for his Katrina coverage.

I was sorry to see Kelly and Oreilly go but Tucker Carlson is doing a great job.
O'Reilly I miss. I liked Kelly until just before she left. She let her ego get to her and instead of sticking to good, smart journalism she started making everything about her. She might realize already that her professional move was a terrible one and now she's headed to obscurity.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply