Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #16
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
There is an analyst at Santa Anita that is married to trainer Tim Yakteen. Last week she analized a race he had an entry in, and she was very forthright discussing the horse. She said her husband was excited about the horse, stated why he liked the horse, and then stated right out for everybody to hear that the horse really wasn't pointed for today's race as the conditions weren't what Yakteen would ultimately expect the horse to be most effective at. Anybody that knows an ounce about handicapping heard her say, almost as clearly as possible, TOSS.

Christina Blacker is married to trainer Dan Blacker. The occasions she's been on when he has a horse running, she is very objective of the horse's chances and very sincere in discussing the horse.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #17
jimmyb

Congratulations to my favorite analyst. She is always prepared, professional, and knows her stuff.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #18
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
...and Sammy the Sage:-)
Well...you know her personally I do believe....ssss000000....all you got's to do is ask her.....

1st...did she ever post at pace advantage?

2nd....did any poster's at pace advantage give her some grief about the problems at Arliington?...even a pm or two

and finally...did said poster say she was doing great but THAT Arlington sucked and she should and would get better career opportunities...

Then you can publicly apologize or not...whatever....

If you want to bet...my money will be the pools for late p/4 at GS tomorrow...you can take it then....
Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 PM   #19
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Well...you know her personally I do believe....ssss000000....all you got's to do is ask her.....

1st...did she ever post at pace advantage?

2nd....did any poster's at pace advantage give her some grief about the problems at Arliington?...even a pm or two

and finally...did said poster say she was doing great but THAT Arlington sucked and she should and would get better career opportunities...

Then you can publicly apologize or not...whatever....

If you want to bet...my money will be the pools for late p/4 at GS tomorrow...you can take it then....
Yes, I know her well. That's why I know she never posted here.

Everyone wants to be in any and all betting pools with you. Swimming pools? Probably not.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2019, 10:21 PM   #20
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Yes, I know her well. That's why I know she never posted here.

Everyone wants to be in any and all betting pools with you. Swimming pools? Probably not.
Well TLG...you were right and I'm dyslexic and stated the wrong person...it was Jessica Pacheco...who posted here and I wished her a better career...both were from Arlington...

That said...still...congrats to Gabby all the same...

As far as swimming pools....well....you'll never see me in a swimming pool with you and the NY jocks...

Good luck tomorrrow...
Old 01-26-2019, 12:31 AM   #21
Suff
Beat up 💪

Whats the money? Hopefully its good. It doesn't say what she will be doing after Gulfstream.? I thought she was TVG full time already.

Her base is the tent directly adjacent to where the horses come on track.

I rail lean there.

I see her taking notes in the paddock, interviews, live to studio,circling around all day working hard in the paddock, walking ring, track-side. Its a real job
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #22
Suff
Beat up 💪

I might add.

She always looks good too.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2019, 12:41 PM   #23
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Gabby is an amazing addition for TVG.

I like everything about this move.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #24
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahura2 View Post
Gabby definitely improves TVG,s overall product. However I will miss her ability to soften up Andy. He is a teddy bear around her!
No. Pairing him with Marie Osmond wouldn't make him more likeable.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Hey Redboard. Explain.

How is Andy unlikable? I watch him. Seems as likable as any other on-air horse racing "expert."

I mean, I know nobody can beat some of the other talked about guys on here in terms of mega-personalities, but seriously, what is it about Andy that rubs you the wrong way?

He always seems to have a smile on his face during multiple portions of the broadcast...he seems interested in what his co-hosts have to say...I really don't get it...maybe you can explain it to me?
Old 02-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #26
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Hey Redboard. Explain.

How is Andy unlikable? I watch him. Seems as likable as any other on-air horse racing "expert."

I mean, I know nobody can beat some of the other talked about guys on here in terms of mega-personalities, but seriously, what is it about Andy that rubs you the wrong way?

He always seems to have a smile on his face during multiple portions of the broadcast...he seems interested in what his co-hosts have to say...I really don't get it...maybe you can explain it to me?
Andy Serling is as good a television racing analyst as anyone out there. We have clashed here on plenty of things, but he is incredibly good at his job.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2019, 08:59 PM   #27
mountainman

Likable??? Don't confuse in house analysis with the Tonight Show. Although my own rep certainly falls (well) short of Serling's, I think it's fair to say I've made a modest name for myself in the industry and am respected as a racing analyst.

And the one thing I would bet BIG money on is that a natural edginess and candor have served my career far, far better than the likability I completely lack EVER could have. I am what I am.

Do not underrate authenticity and individualism as attributes in our profession. And were I among the apparent legion of Serling followers, you can bet the LAST thing I would want is for ANYBODY to "soften him up."

Rating a Serling on the warmth of his demeanor is like saying the Yankees should assess free agents on the basis of sportsmanship.

Please bear in mind that I could be mistaken, or at least under-qualified to opine, because I rarely watch other analysts.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-01-2019 at 09:00 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Andy is a real-life good guy.
He is a very nice guy to talk to and genuinely interested in who he is talking to.

He came to the PA tent at TOGA several times, and always well received by the group.

He is good for racing, and good for, hell life!
Old 02-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The one person Andy didn't stop and talk to at Saratoga while he was running to his on-air broadcast will spend an eternity bad-mouthing him on the internet.

The reality is, he goes above and beyond for customers whenever he is able.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #30
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The one person Andy didn't stop and talk to at Saratoga while he was running to his on-air broadcast will spend an eternity bad-mouthing him on the internet.

The reality is, he goes above and beyond for customers whenever he is able.
Also, public handicapping is incredibly difficult. Just compare whst Serling gives you on the NYRA feed to most of what you see on TVG. He puts a lot of work into it and gives out a ton of information, rather than just "here's my pick 4 ticket" and a little bubbly talk about how I like the 2 and the 8 here.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply