Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 06-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #1
Sea Biscuit

Field set for $1,000,000 North America Cup

Post positions were drawn Tuesday for the C$1,000,000 North America Cup at Woodbine Mohawk Park. The three elimination winners were first to choose posts before a random draw was completed to assign the other seven entrants a spot on the gate.

Wes Delight chose first and took post 3 followed by Stay Hungry with post 2 and Lather Up post 4.

The complete field for the race, which is race 12 on the program that starts at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, is below:

1-St Lads Neptune
2-Stay Hungry
3-Wes Delight
4-Lather Up
5-American History
6-Lost In Time
7-Done Well
8-Nutcracker Sweet
9-Hayden Hanover
10-Hitman Hill

NB: Lost In Time who came 4th in his elimination round got in by way of a draw. LIT was real lucky as he was one of the horses whose wheels got hooked with another horse but still managed to finish 4th in the race.

Last edited by Sea Biscuit; 06-12-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Sea Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
Denny
Veteran

Looking forward to it!

Glad LIT got in, deserves to be there, and got a great draw!

Last edited by Denny; 06-13-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
Any pps available for this race? Thanks.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
EdZone
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChip@DRF View Post
Any pps available for this race? Thanks.
https://woodbine.com/wp-content/uplo...am%20Proof.pdf
EdZone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Sea Biscuit

The morning line favorite in the race is Lather Up at 2-1 with Stay Hungry at 5/2.

My early selection for the NA cup is STAY HUNGRY. He scored his winning mile off pace third over off the slowest pace in the three NA Cup elims. As a 2 yr old Stay Hungry was a class act having won 6 of his 9 races raking in 557 grand compared to Lather up's 74000 with just 4 wins. Class counts in horse racing. Remember that. Here is Stay Hungry's to date resume.

http://trackit.standardbredcanada.ca/?op=QRAP&id=637481

The biggest race of Lather Up's career was the Matron2CP on Nov 9 2017 in which he finished 7th. Here is his resume

http://trackit.standardbredcanada.ca/?op=QRAP&id=636975

There is no comparison between the two horses folks class wise.

Stay Hungry traveled an outstanding 5404 feet in winning his elimination compared to a lowly 5358 feet by Lather UP in his 2 hole trip winning effort. A difference of 46 feet. The hooked wheels incident did help him a lot I might add but not sure if without it could have prevented LU from the winners circle given the cozy 2 hole trip on a slow pace.

This race reminds me a whole lot of the 2015 NA cup in which Wakizashi Hanover upset WIJI the hot favorite in the race.

May the best horse win the race.

Last edited by Sea Biscuit; 06-13-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #6
baconswitchfarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post
The morning line favorite in the race is Lather Up at 2-1 with Stay Hungry at 5/2.

My early selection for the NA cup is STAY HUNGRY. He scored his winning mile off pace third over off the slowest pace in the three NA Cup elims. As a 2 yr old Stay Hungry was a class act having won 6 of his 9 races raking in 557 grand compared to Lather up's 74000 with just 4 wins. Class counts in horse racing. Remember that. Here is Stay Hungry's to date resume.

The biggest race of Lather Up's career was the Matron2CP on Nov 9 2017 in which he finished 7th. Here is his resume

Stay Hungry traveled an outstanding 5404 feet in winning his elimination compared to a lowly 5358 feet by Lather UP in his 2 hole trip winning effort. A difference of 46 feet. The hooked wheels incident did help him a lot I might add but not sure if without it could have prevented LU from the winners circle given the cozy 2 hole trip on a slow pace.

This race reminds me a whole lot of the 2015 NA cup in which Wakizashi Hanover upset WIJI the hot favorite in the race.

These two horses are hard to judge on class. Stay Hungry raced with better company last year . So technically, he has more class. But he was paid into everything because he was a 150k yearling. The other horse is an ohio bred with a mare who was in someones backyard. If lather up had went through a large sale he would have been paid in to those races too. I will say its an uphill climb for lather up as they always make it hard to get out of Canada with their money. I find the lost in time horse to be an overpriced piece who only wins when he gets lots of help. Rigging him up so you can steer him would help. Hope its a good race.
baconswitchfarm is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #7
Southbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Biscuit View Post

Regarding that cozy 2 hole trip...in my opinion that was a 3 move win.
Southbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
Southbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbeach View Post
Southbeach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM   #9
Sea Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbeach View Post

You forgot to mention that the front runner got his wheels hooked with another horse in the race and the lead fell into the lap of LU by default.

Good luck if you are betting the horse.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:28 PM   #10
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdZone View Post
Thank you!
Old 06-15-2018, 07:10 PM   #11
MutuelClerk

This is the most wide open NA Cup final in years. IMO. I see a fast half, lots of lead changes and quite possibly a longer shot picking up the pieces. Not quite sure who that long shot is yet. Lather Up got lucky with competitors locking wheels in the elim. I see him as a bad favorite.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 08:56 PM   #12
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

St Lads Neptune