Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #5686
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I started reading at the hospital sites where hospital admins and clinicians speak.

"Several Florida medical centers reported dwindling ICU bed availability June 18, with several reporting no availability at all, according to a report published by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration."

"Hospitals across Florida are nearing or meeting bed capacity in intensive care units as COVID-19 cases rise."

That's not an amplifier for tourism. You can open the economy all you want.
Gee, we haven't heard this "gloom and doom TOMORROW!" stuff before, now have we?

It's gotten to the point where "when you're out of beds just let us know, ok?" Too many chicken littles on the internet parroting political messaging by so called scientists. In reality the "scientists" administrators with an agenda... (more money please).

Until beds are full, you can entertain yourself with other Eeyore's. I'm going to live my life
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 02:41 PM   #5687
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Gee, we haven't heard this "gloom and doom TOMORROW!" stuff before, now have we?

It's gotten to the point where "when you're out of beds just let us know, ok?" Too many chicken littles on the internet parroting political messaging by so called scientists. In reality the "scientists" administrators with an agenda... (more money please).

Until beds are full, you can entertain yourself with other Eeyore's. I'm going to live my life
Clueless
Old 06-27-2020, 02:49 PM   #5688
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Clueless
You're trying to be relevant here

Not working
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 06-27-2020, 02:54 PM   #5689
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
You're trying to be relevant here

Not working
like the old game paper rock scissors: FACT trumps fiction and/or opinion
Old 06-27-2020, 03:01 PM   #5690
ElKabong

Quote:
like the old game paper rock scissors: FACT trumps fiction and/or opinion
FACT: No one here w/ c19 has been turned away from a bed . There are beds available = Period

They're available. Dig it?

When that changes let us know
Old 06-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #5691
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
FACT: No one here w/ c19 has been turned away from a bed . There are beds available = Period

They're available. Dig it?

When that changes let us know
irrelevant to the virus' virulence and spread
Old 06-27-2020, 04:02 PM   #5692
ElKabong

Quote:
irrelevant to the virus' virulence and spread
Relevant to my reply to clicknow, which is what you jumped into

Unless you're very old or have cancer, diabetes etc, this is nothing more than the sniffles or a mild case of the flu. I'm in my mid 60s, had it, got over it. Get real, or stay scared.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:19 PM   #5693
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

Unless you're very old or have cancer, diabetes etc, this is nothing more than the sniffles or a mild case of the flu. I'm in my mid 60s, had it, got over it. Get real, or stay scared.
Here's a quote from a young, very fit guy I know who had the virus.

So no training for three weeks as I've been really sick with covid-19. Confirmed by test, all common symptoms were there, including loss of taste and smell. Fever, strange pains all over body, lung twisting cough e tc.
For one week I was really bad, then better a couple of days and then really bad again.
Didn't need hospital so guess I got kinda lucky.
Still have a pressure type of pain in chest and lungs and I've been coughing my lungs out for all three weeks. And the cough is still there sometimes each day but a lot less the last 4 days.

So now I've been trying to ease into training again. Lung capacity sucks and general fatigue is present.
So it will be a very slow comeback to training. Will probably take a few weeks to get back to almost normal training.
Covid-19 really is a s***ty disease to get as it hits so randomly regarding how severely ill you get.
And I've only met a select few people the last couple of months as I'm still unemployed also.
Both ex-wife and kids also got it after me (kids from me and from them to ex probably). Ex got as sick as me but the kids got away with a sore throat, headache and light coughing for just a couple days.

So for those of you still not affected, keep your distances and wash them hands!

The good news is he's had two job offers and starts back to work in August. I'm a healthy 69 year old, but had serious lung surgery a few years ago, so I don't want anything described as a lung twisting cough. My wife, not quite so healthy, type II diabetes, cancer treatment and surgery last summer, so I won't risk anything that jeopardizes her.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #5694
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post

So no training for three weeks as I've been really sick with covid-19. Confirmed by test, all common symptoms were there, including loss of taste and smell. Fever, strange pains all over body, lung twisting cough e tc.
For one week I was really bad, then better a couple of days and then really bad again.
Still have a pressure type of pain in chest and lungs and I've been coughing my lungs out for all three weeks. And the cough is still there sometimes each day but a lot less the last 4 days.

So now I've been trying to ease into training again. Lung capacity sucks and general fatigue is present.
So it will be a very slow comeback to training. Will probably take a few weeks to get back to almost normal training.
Covid-19 really is a s***ty disease to get as it hits so randomly regarding how severely ill you get.
And I've only met a select few people the last couple of months as I'm still unemployed also.
Both ex-wife and kids also got it after me (kids from me and from them to ex probably). Ex got as sick as me but the kids got away with a sore throat, headache and light coughing for just a couple days.

So for those of you still not affected, keep your distances and wash them hands!

The good news is he's had two job offers and starts back to work in August. I'm a healthy 69 year old, but had serious lung surgery a few years ago, so I don't want anything described as a lung twisting cough. My wife, not quite so healthy, type II diabetes, cancer treatment and surgery last summer, so I won't risk anything that jeopardizes her.
His symptoms are very similar to mine. I still have days (yesterday) where I skip my workout

My wife has Graves disease, worried me very much when she caught what I had. We caught it before January so we'd never heard of the hysteria that is c19. Her duration was short, less severe than mine (graves disease can attack invading entities hard but can come at a cost). She's had zero after affects

Our 2yo grandbaby had it, i'm sure, as well as my wife's son. They had symptoms after we did. They live w/ us. They got over it in a couple of days

You get it, you move on. The economy needs to be opened up

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-27-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:33 PM   #5695
AndyC

Quote:

A fit person isn't necessarily healthy and vice versa. Here is a video I saw yesterday regarding a similar situation.
Late in the video there is a part talking about a nurse that got the virus and the problems that he had. It drew a lot of media attention as to why "healthy" people are vulnerable.
Old 06-27-2020, 04:38 PM   #5696
ElKabong

Quote:

I'm replying to this b/c if anyone here gets c19, be aware of this. Sometimes it comes back, fatigue to the point where it's all you can do to get thru a day's work. A lot like Mtn Cedar allergy that we go thru here when the count is high.

Others, like my wife, are over it and it doesn't reappear
Old 06-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #5697
highernote

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/this...rus-cases.html

A JPMorgan study shows that higher in-person spending at restaurants (dining in, not takeout) is directly related to an increase in the spread of coronavirus. Using data from 30 million Chase debit and credit card users and the Johns Hopkins University virus tracker, the study found that increased restaurant spending results in new infections in that state three weeks later.
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #5698
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:

Like I said CLUELESS...observing DURING the evolution of an infectious pandemic.

Morbidity can arise YEARS after the infection
Old 06-27-2020, 05:31 PM   #5699
AndyC

Quote:
Like I said CLUELESS...observing DURING the evolution of an infectious pandemic.

Morbidity can arise YEARS after the infection
Really? You know this how?
Old 06-27-2020, 05:49 PM   #5700
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Really? You know this how?
From DOZENS and DOZENS of other viral pathologies...Dd you miss that? I didn't even mention them all