Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-26-2020, 04:11 PM   #5671
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
So, the CDC now says that for every Covid positive, 10x that amount are positive but untested. So HCAP's charts are off by a factor of 10. 2.4M positives are now 26.4M positives. Unfortunately for Cappy, that means that the death rate is not 5% but 0.45%, or akin to a bad flu seasons.

Another fact is death rate among 65 and over. For the flu, those dying from it varies year to year and is between 70-85% of the total deaths. For COVID, it is 80%. Not much different really. In bad flu seasons we can have upwards of 80M getting it. So far we are at 26.4M COVID.

When you look at the real numbers, it isn't all that much different than the flu. Yes, it spreads faster and is a little deadlier, but is it worth destroying everything we've built for 200 years over? That seems insane.
This is troubling news for hcap, cnn and the farcical media. I'm saddened for them
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 04:24 PM   #5672
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
There’s some unofficial models that say Texans had COVID as far back as 2018?

People with antibodies being found that cannot pinpoint being ill.

Heard a guy on the radio who had pneumonia in early 19 and was hospitalized 3 days. He went to a testing site 2 weeks ago. They found antibodies. They checked samples from early 19 hospital trip and they were positive. As far as he knows he infected nobody
Yeah that's great...lot of good that does now...except prove once again what a genius I am around here...saying the things that everyone laughs at...but eventually comes true...
Old 06-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #5673
lamboguy

the governor from Mass. just delayed the opening of phase 3 from june 28 to july 6. this governor is being super cautious with this virus.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #5674
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
As I have told you protestors were outdoors wearing masks. As I have also told you in addition to avoiding overwhelming health care systems, flattening the curve reduces fatalities and suffering. Notice anything here? France and Germany suffered much less per capita than the others with steeper curves.
And you honestly believe the moron when he bitches more testing means there are more IMAGINARY PRETEND cases?

Tom you are knee-jerking into a fit. You seem obsessed with jumping up and down frantically , blaming me and others for all the failures in your life. Please stay on topic and control yourself.
Are you saying a person is safer being close to other people for extended period of time outdoors than brief exposure inside, wearing masks and social distancing?

Where is you scientific evidence of this?
Old 06-26-2020, 06:07 PM   #5675
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You don't even know what you're talking about. You never address what is written, only what is cemented inside your head.

Nobody said anything about conspiracy theories...I was just stating what I wish would happen. I didn't say it WAS happening. Learn to read, braindead & brainwashed.
And there is more mental activity in that CEMENT than in his head.

Not his fault - he just washed his head and he can't do thing with it.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:49 AM   #5676
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
we have the facilities here and plenty of beds.

I think hospital directors/admins of critical care centers and hospitals across TX know more than the general public/media about what would represent "over-whelmed" status.

My understanding is that they are saying "if the upward trend CONTINUES, it’s not sustainable".

Since they are on the ground and this is what they do for a living, and understand utilization of resources in the places they manage and what "kinds of beds" are needed, I think I'll ignore everything (media, politicians, social media) that is not a direct statement from such a person.

My gut is that this is just a spike and they will bring it down.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 03:34 AM   #5677
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Are you saying a person is safer being close to other people for extended period of time outdoors than brief exposure inside, wearing masks and social distancing?

Where is you scientific evidence of this?
That is not what I am saying.
I am saying people wearing masks outdoors are safer than people not wearing masks indoors at the same distance apart. I also agreed with Sammy, it may be a bit too early to know this for sure, but states that opened up improperly are the ones with spikes in cases. For instance NYC and Wash D.C had extensive protestors but we are not seeing spikes. Florida and Texas and other southern states, we are.

So…Why Hasn’t There Been A COVID Spike From The Protests?
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/c...testing-spread
Old 06-27-2020, 04:15 AM   #5678
hcap

We have not passed the first wave. Protests are not what is causing this.
However it may be (to early to know) fatalities are down

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg daily cases.JPG (66.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-27-2020, 04:30 AM   #5679
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I'm not worried about the virus.... Just get over it and get on with the economy
I started reading at the hospital sites where hospital admins and clinicians speak.

"Several Florida medical centers reported dwindling ICU bed availability June 18, with several reporting no availability at all, according to a report published by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration."

"Hospitals across Florida are nearing or meeting bed capacity in intensive care units as COVID-19 cases rise."

That's not an amplifier for tourism. You can open the economy all you want.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:36 AM   #5680
highernote

highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 08:47 AM   #5681
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the governor from Mass. just delayed the opening of phase 3 from june 28 to july 6. this governor is being super cautious with this virus.
gov Insley in Washington has every county on separate schedule. the counties have to meet certain requirements to go to the next phase.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #5682
46zilzal
velocitician

One statistic that can only be considered long after the initial wave of infection is MORBIDITY. These are the cases who survived, but with significant ongoing pathology that was the result of said infection. This can come in various modalities like for measles: blindness. encephalitis, an infection that causes brain swelling. extreme dehydration...For mumps: include orchitis, aseptic meningitis, oophoritis, pancreatitis, and encephalitis as well as deafness.....chicken pox: encephalitis, cerebellar ataxia, pneumonia...Seasonal flu: viral or bacterial pneumonia, dehydration, and ear infections and sinus infections, especially in children..hepatitis: liver damage, cancer and death....

So LONG before one can characterize ANY viral infection as being somewhat benign, the ENTIRE CLINICAL picture of it pathological effects must be taken into consideration before labeling that infective agent this way or that.....For example, a major consequence from 1918 was a form of Parkinson's that left patients in what appeared to be "frozen states," when , in effect, they experienced micro-tremors in such small amplitude that they appeared motionless.

Many survivors of this pandemic have experienced significant widespread scarring and thrombosis on the lungs UNIQUE to this bug. This handicap will be with these people the rest of their life and equate to a long term potential mortality that is IMPOSSIBLE to predict currently.

“The difficulty is sorting out long-term consequences,” says Joseph Brennan, a cardiologist at the Yale School of Medicine. While some patients may fully recover, he and other experts worry others will suffer long-term damage, including lung scarring, heart damage, and neurological and mental health effects.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #5683
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Many survivors of this pandemic have experienced significant widespread scarring and thrombosis on the lungs UNIQUE to this bug. This handicap will be with these people the rest of their life and equate to a long term potential mortality that is IMPOSSIBLE to predict currently.
Quote:
“The difficulty is sorting out long-term consequences,” says Joseph Brennan, a cardiologist at the Yale School of Medicine. While some patients may fully recover, he and other experts worry others will suffer long-term damage, including lung scarring, heart damage, and neurological and mental health effects.
Yeah, it's not a "one-and-done" for everyone.

Did you see this? This could explain why what you just said happens.....every day we learn more about this virus.

"never-before-seen images show that the new coronavirus hijacks proteins in our cells to create monstrous tentacles that branch out and may transmit infection to neighboring cells....."

It's like an alien life form. Did we somehow fall into an episode of the X Files? .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/startling...175319183.html

Also, the CDC just updated the list of pre-existing conditions most affective.....not exactly the same as previously for some stuff:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...nce-table.html

Last edited by clicknow; 06-27-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #5684
Greyfox

10,000 Extra Dementia Deaths

From the U.K.

83 % More Dementia Deaths Maybe Due To Isolation

There were almost 10,000 unexplained extra deaths among people with dementia in England and Wales in April, according to official figures that have prompted alarm about the severe impact of social isolation on people with the condition.

The data, from the Office for National Statistics, reveals that, beyond deaths directly linked to Covid-19, there were 83% more deaths from dementia than usual in April, with charities warning that a reduction in essential medical care and family visits were taking a devastating toll.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-research-says
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2020, 01:57 PM   #5685
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
One statistic that can only be considered long after the initial wave of infection is MORBIDITY. These are the cases who survived, but with significant ongoing pathology that was the result of said infection. This can come in various modalities like for measles: blindness. encephalitis, an infection that causes brain swelling. extreme dehydration...For mumps: include orchitis, aseptic meningitis, oophoritis, pancreatitis, and encephalitis as well as deafness.....chicken pox: encephalitis, cerebellar ataxia, pneumonia...Seasonal flu: viral or bacterial pneumonia, dehydration, and ear infections and sinus infections, especially in children..hepatitis: liver damage, cancer and death....

So LONG before one can characterize ANY viral infection as being somewhat benign, the ENTIRE CLINICAL picture of it pathological effects must be taken into consideration before labeling that infective agent this way or that.....For example, a major consequence from 1918 was a form of Parkinson's that left patients in what appeared to be "frozen states," when , in effect, they experienced micro-tremors in such small amplitude that they appeared motionless.

I get your a Doc, but you must be a barrel of laughs at dinner parties.........

Last edited by JustRalph; 06-27-2020 at 02:02 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply