Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
jotb

Charles Town Race 4

I need some help here please..I watched the pan and head on shot of this race many times..Can someone please tell me how many paths off the rail the number 4 horse was going into the turn? Not the 1st turn.. And what are your thoughts about the ride on the 4 horse?

Thank you,
Joe
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #2
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
I need some help here please..I watched the pan and head on shot of this race many times..Can someone please tell me how many paths off the rail the number 4 horse was going into the turn? Not the 1st turn.. And what are your thoughts about the ride on the 4 horse?

Thank you,
Joe
i saw him in either the 2 or 3 path. i saw nothing wrong with the ride what so ever. i just don't think the horse was ready to win that condition today. he would have won a single beaten, but he was not eligible. that race is not an easy race to begin with. they are giving away $14k for the race.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
k f

Three wide into the far turn, back near the rail midway around it.

Poor horse never could find room throughout the final quarter but it didn't look like there was anything Bocachica could have done differently.
k f is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
Knowclew

Totally agree with Lambo and k f on their analysis.
Horse was pretty live for 11-1. I do think with a clean shot he would have been 2nd, but the winner had first run, and looked strong as well.

I put him in my stable...he may be worth a look next time.
Knowclew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
jotb

Thanks Guys..I knew that I watched the same race..I was informed after the race the jock was in the 6 path.. Looked like he wanted to come out in the turn but the winner was flying by so he couldn't..Then he ducked back to the inside through the stretch.. I agree at best he would have finished 2nd..
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Thanks Guys..I knew that I watched the same race..I was informed after the race the jock was in the 6 path.. Looked like he wanted to come out in the turn but the winner was flying by so he couldn't..Then he ducked back to the inside through the stretch.. I agree at best he would have finished 2nd..
you know better than i do, the trainer always blames the rider. when i lose my races, and i do lose plenty of them, i blame my poor training.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply