Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-14-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
rwwupl

D.Q.&Purse redistribution,Hollywood

Sunday,6-26-11

"Doc Can Dance" was disqualified from the 7th at Hollywood after being declared not eligible.

All purse money redistributed and the winner was declared to be "Preferred Behavior"

Pari-mutuel payouts are not affected and remain the same.

See website below for more info.

http://www.chrb.ca.gov/Stewards/Minu...P_11_07_03.pdf

YES, I had "Prefered Behavior"

rw
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwupl
YES, I had "Prefered Behavior"

rw
You thought he could beat "Doc Can Dance"?
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2011, 06:53 PM   #3
rwwupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
You thought he could beat "Doc Can Dance"?

Uhhh, I guess not. Foolish me.

Last edited by rwwupl; 07-14-2011 at 06:55 PM.
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I don't see how anyone having the runner up can complain. They had PPs with the winner in them and could have bet him just like any other horse.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I don't see how anyone having the runner up can complain. They had PPs with the winner in them and could have bet him just like any other horse.
Completely agree. The DQ of DCD was an administrative situation, the horse wasnt illegally drugged, everyone had access to the same exact PPs, his being 'ineligible' didnt mean he was 'far superior' to the other runners, if he was he would have been 2-5.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
takeout

They should put the reason for the DQ in the result chart. Anyone noticing it at any point in the future will assume it was a drug positive. They have to go back into the chart to put the DQ in anyway.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #7
jotb

I'm sorry but this DQ is absurd...If anything the horse should've been scratched on race day...Shame on the racing office, trainer, and owners of this horse..I would think a trainer would discuss with the owners what race they were pointing towards which is in the condition book..Apparently, both the trainer and owner didn't read the race conditions..."FOR 3YO'S WHICH HAVE BROKEN THEIR MAIDENS FOR A CLAIMING PRICE OF 40K OR LESS AND WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES" Neither the trainer or owner knew he broke his maiden NOT for a tag back in Jan.

However, it's possible they THOUGHT they ran the horse for 30k in JAN given the fact they ran the horse 5 previous times for a MDN32K..If the connections were willing to lose the horse for 32k, I guess losing the horse for 30k would be no big deal..Right? I guess back in Jan. someone screwed up the entry and it went unnoticed on the overnight and in the program by the trainer and owner that he wasn't in for the "claiming price of 30k"..This could be the reason why they thought they were elgible for the race on June 10th..

Now the connections enter this horse on June 10th and it slips right through the racing office..When this horse was entered the program they use when taking entries should immediately show the horse was not eligible for the race..Does the program only recognize the horse won only one race and the entry goes through? That would mean the program they use when taking entries doesn't read the whole entry description where in this case would imediately kick the entry out of the system..If the program picks up the inelgibilty immediately on the horse then the person taking the entry needs to go back and look at the pp's on the horse to see why he's not elgible..

With all of this the horse ran anyway..Wins the race and finally someone takes notice the horse was never elgible for the race after the race is over..
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
I'm sorry but this DQ is absurd...If anything the horse should've been scratched on race day...Shame on the racing office, trainer, and owners of this horse..I would think a trainer would discuss with the owners what race they were pointing towards which is in the condition book..Apparently, both the trainer and owner didn't read the race conditions..."FOR 3YO'S WHICH HAVE BROKEN THEIR MAIDENS FOR A CLAIMING PRICE OF 40K OR LESS AND WHICH HAVE NEVER WON TWO RACES" Neither the trainer or owner knew he broke his maiden NOT for a tag back in Jan.

However, it's possible they THOUGHT they ran the horse for 30k in JAN given the fact they ran the horse 5 previous times for a MDN32K..If the connections were willing to lose the horse for 32k, I guess losing the horse for 30k would be no big deal..Right? I guess back in Jan. someone screwed up the entry and it went unnoticed on the overnight and in the program by the trainer and owner that he wasn't in for the "claiming price of 30k"..This could be the reason why they thought they were elgible for the race on June 10th..

Now the connections enter this horse on June 10th and it slips right through the racing office..When this horse was entered the program they use when taking entries should immediately show the horse was not eligible for the race..Does the program only recognize the horse won only one race and the entry goes through? That would mean the program they use when taking entries doesn't read the whole entry description where in this case would imediately kick the entry out of the system..If the program picks up the inelgibilty immediately on the horse then the person taking the entry needs to go back and look at the pp's on the horse to see why he's not elgible..

With all of this the horse ran anyway..Wins the race and finally someone takes notice the horse was never elgible for the race after the race is over..
So this is what happened. The racetrack makes a mistake and the connections are the one who get punished.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
jotb

I guess so...
Old 07-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #10
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
So this is what happened. The racetrack makes a mistake and the connections are the one who get punished.
The connections made a mistake first by entering a horse who was ineligible. The racing secretary's office made the mistake of not catching the connection's mistake. Why should the connections of the place horse, who met the race conditions and would have been the winner had the ineligible horse not been there, be penalized for the mistakes of others?
FenceBored is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2011, 09:51 AM   #11
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceBored
The connections made a mistake first by entering a horse who was ineligible. The racing secretary's office made the mistake of not catching the connection's mistake. Why should the connections of the place horse, who met the race conditions and would have been the winner had the ineligible horse not been there, be penalized for the mistakes of others?

How did the "place horse" get penalized? The winner's purse was taken away..If anybody was penalized it was the horseplayer especially those who wagered on the place horse to win..
Old 07-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
How did the "place horse" get penalized? The winner's purse was taken away..If anybody was penalized it was the horseplayer especially those who wagered on the place horse to win..
Stillriledup was saying Doc Can Dance's connections should have been allowed to keep the purse money. I'm saying that that outcome (which is not the one that did occur) would have punished the eligible horses' connections.

The horseplayers will get screwed in any post-raceday DQ until all wagering is done through accounts and they demand that redistribution of purses should include redistribution of payouts. Of course, someone will then invoke Irregular Rule of Racing no. 76.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
jotb

Quote:
Stillriledup was saying Doc Can Dance's connections should have been allowed to keep the purse money. I'm saying that that outcome (which is not the one that did occur) would have punished the eligible horses' connections.

The horseplayers will get screwed in any post-raceday DQ until all wagering is done through accounts and they demand that redistribution of purses should include redistribution of payouts. Of course, someone will then invoke Irregular Rule of Racing no. 76.

My mistake...True on the 2nd part..
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:

Dumbest thing I've ever heard!
duncan04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
FenceBored

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan04
Dumbest thing I've ever heard!
Go watch CSPAN for awhile.