Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #1
MickJ26

Steven A./Stonestreet

Captured graded stakes wins about ten minutes apart in the Dwyer and the Salvator. I hope Jess is smiling.
MickJ26 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #2
lamboguy

prado gave him one of the best rides of his entire life on that horse in monmouth. of course i bet on prado in the 2nd race and that was his worst ride of all times
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
prado gave him one of the best rides of his entire life on that horse in monmouth. of course i bet on prado in the 2nd race and that was his worst ride of all times
In the 2nd race? The filly Technicality? What did Prado do wrong there?
jotb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
In the 2nd race? The filly Technicality? What did Prado do wrong there?
great question, he got the lead and took back on a speed track. joe bravo would have won that race by many lenghts, i suspect he will be on that horse the next time. i have no idea why he wasn't on him yesterday, he was working the horse for bianacone in the morning.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickJ26
Captured graded stakes wins about ten minutes apart in the Dwyer and the Salvator. I hope Jess is smiling.
You and me, both. One can bet he is.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
lamboguy

a matter of fact, biancone told the guy to go to the front and don't take back, and edgar prado thought he was riding in new york and decided to ride the horse like a jerk.

when he steps up to the plate for assmusen, he rides him the very way assmusen wanted the horse ridden and they got the win. if he pulled that crap with steve, he would never ride another horse for him.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #7
jotb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
great question, he got the lead and took back on a speed track. joe bravo would have won that race by many lenghts, i suspect he will be on that horse the next time. i have no idea why he wasn't on him yesterday, he was working the horse for bianacone in the morning.

Did you ever think that the filly was running against the grain? Maybe. I'm wrong but the filly was 5th at the first call..She broke well but that's about it..She may not have that running style..It was her first start. And she ran a good 2nd.I really don't believe Prado did anything wrong at all...Also, tell me why you think Biancone would go to Prado instead of Bravo considering that Bravo was working the filly like you said...Ultimate bad ride!! I think not!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #8
Reezy

Speaking of stonestreet and assmussen has anyone heard anything about Macleans music?.. broke his maiden first time out at santa anita and earned a 114 beyer.. maybe he is being pointed to saratoga?
Reezy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotb
Did you ever think that the filly was running against the grain? Maybe. I'm wrong but the filly was 5th at the first call..She broke well but that's about it..She may not have that running style..It was her first start. And she ran a good 2nd.I really don't believe Prado did anything wrong at all...Also, tell me why you think Biancone would go to Prado instead of Bravo considering that Bravo was working the filly like you said...Ultimate bad ride!! I think not!!!
i got to blame someone, the trainers always blame the riders. but i did think he should have pushed on. there was another horse that was probably better than bianacone, the perkins horse, but i knew he he comes from way back and i knew the track was playing to speed. so i bet bianacone horse. the horse got a new york ride instead of a monmouth park ride. and maybe you are right because that is the first time prado ever got legged up on the horse and didn't know what he had. as you know with babies its usually best to have the guy that works the horse in the morning on the colts back in the afternoon.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
jotb

[QUOTE= and i knew the track was playing to speed. [/QUOTE]

And you made this determination after ONE race..