Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Valuist

Pinnacle issues

Completely locked out of the 7th from Keeneland. With 15 minites to post, it said the race was "off". Tried re-logging in 4 times. Same old story. Could only bet the 8th. Like the rebate but sometimes it just isn't worth it.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
hbeck

Use Betcris.com then.
hbeck is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
DeoVolente

You should always have a backup
DeoVolente is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2006, 10:59 PM   #4
Valuist

I've got a Brisbet account, although I haven't used it in a while. Yeah, that is my fault. But it still isn't the point; if you're the biggest sports and racing offshore in the world, you aren't supposed to have these repeated software gliches. This is the 3rd time in the past month I've had it happen; THe Illnois and Arkansas Derbys and the Kee stake today. Inexcusable.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
... if you're the biggest sports and racing offshore in the world, you aren't supposed to have these repeated software gliches. Inexcusable.
Yes, but - Maybe it's not a software glitch.

Last edited by Hosshead; 04-23-2006 at 01:02 AM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2006, 06:30 AM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Completely locked out of the 7th from Keeneland. With 15 minites to post, it said the race was "off". Tried re-logging in 4 times. Same old story. Could only bet the 8th. Like the rebate but sometimes it just isn't worth it.
I saw that it said "off", but I just entered the bet anyway and it was accepted...unfortunately.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
BIG49010

I was at a friends place a few days ago in Canada, and he has betfair.com I couldn't believe how he could bet until they were a few feet out of the gate.

I wish we had it in the USA, nothing compares to this!
Old 04-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
Roamin
Roamin

Pinnacle Issues

I have been with Pinnacle for almost 2 yrs now, I never experienced any problems. I have made bets as close as 2 min to post.
Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2006, 01:33 PM   #9
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'm not so sure the ability to bet as "late" as 2 mtp is a thing to brag about, especially at lower class tracks.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #10
BetHorses!

Don't forget you could always call it in to Pinny. $100 minimum total for the call.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:42 AM   #11
Valuist

CJ-

Interesting that you were able to get the bet in when it said "off". I've never been able to do that, even when it locks out real early (10-20 minutes before post time).

They did save me some $$ by passing the Ill. & Arky Derbies but cost me this time. The two "Gold" horses were great value plays in that turf sprint. I would've missed the P4 so that didn't matter. And I wasn't about to phone in 32 P4 tickets at $100/ticket. Its not that the entire bet has to be $100. EACH BET must be at least $100.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:50 AM   #12
BetHorses!

Quote:
Its not that the entire bet has to be $100. EACH BET must be at least $100.

Val,

Its $100 total per call NOT each bet

Last edited by BetHorses!; 04-24-2006 at 12:53 AM.
BetHorses! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2006, 01:23 AM   #13
AwolAtPA
Double Awol Projects

good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin
I have been with Pinnacle for almost 2 yrs now, I never experienced any problems. I have made bets as close as 2 min to post.
thanks for the note Roamin,

I just started using Pinnacle and have been able to bet near '..loading into gate..', yes, under two MTP. However, there was one race that had the wrong odds under the bet number but I copied the screen to report later after making my bet. The bet paid the correct track odds instead of the inflated values on the bet screen. I knew the odds were wrong because I have WinTicket (AmeriTab) in another window for exacta and win odds.

------------------------------
aaah, say CJ,

how did you know Roamin bet at '..lower class tracks..'?

I did not see that he was '..BRAGGIN..' and am glad he took the time to share his experience. I was really puzzled by your reference to '..low class..' tracks, as if, getting paid for a good bet has more validity at a '..higher class...' track.

Do you have a special form of telepathy?

Awol
Old 04-24-2006, 02:36 AM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwolAtPA
aaah, say CJ,

how did you know Roamin bet at '..lower class tracks..'?

I did not see that he was '..BRAGGIN..' and am glad he took the time to share his experience. I was really puzzled by your reference to '..low class..' tracks, as if, getting paid for a good bet has more validity at a '..higher class...' track.

Do you have a special form of telepathy?

Awol
My point about lower class tracks has nothing to do with getting paid, it has to do with having very little clue what the odds will be at off time as compared to 2 mtp. You can get a pretty good gauge at the major tracks, but at a place like Tdn or CT, this isn't the case. If you don't care what your final odds will be, then by all means bet at 2mtp.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #15
Valuist

Another thing about Pinnacle I've noticed re: the odds. Sometimes you'll see correct up to minute odds, sometimes they just leave the morning line odds, even with 2 minutes to post. Don't make a bet based on the odds Pinny is showing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: