Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

View Poll Results: 2019 Handicapping Software Poll!
Value Capper 122 21.18%
Black Magic 95 16.49%
HSH 97 16.84%
RDSS 109 18.92%
JCapper 97 16.84%
HTR 127 22.05%
Betmix 114 19.79%
Nocal Greg Programs 125 21.70%
Handifast 94 16.32%
All Data Free 91 15.80%
Homegrown 126 21.88%
Old Sartin Programs 101 17.53%
Other Not Listed 205 35.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 576. This poll is closed

Old 07-28-2019, 07:33 PM   #16
Dave Schwartz

I've got to say that I am very pleased with the numbers in this poll.

Considering how few of these programs cost more than a few dollars (and many pretty good ones are free), I am gladdened by the fact that HSH is holding its own considering the $1,597 price tag.

BTW, HSH is on sale for $797 until July 31st.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2019, 02:47 PM   #17
46zilzal
velocitician

HSH I have used it regularly EVERYDAY since 2013 and am still finding out new things about it...Marvelous
Old 07-30-2019, 11:26 PM   #18
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I have written quite a few programs for people around the country. And I also wrote Handifast with help from several people. Dave Schwartz is a dear friend of mine and we always joke around about getting him to use Handifast. He has insisted I pull me head out and try HsH. Well, as I'm getting old as hell, I figured why the hell not. So I am looking at it and learning it. I'm brand new at it, but extremely impressed with all that it can do. It is so deep and multi functional. I have tried many of the popular softwares around over the last 40 years. But this is definitely the most intense piece of software I have ever seen. I have spoken to a few users and they are winning on a consistent basis. Some betting larger than others. Anyway it looks like it's going to be a wild ride. I will report back after I get up to speed and have some results to speak about. I am really liking the path it is taking me down.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2019, 09:53 PM   #19
headhawg
crusty old guy

I'm not interested in the numbers, so I was hoping more people would say what things they liked about the program(s) they used.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:57 AM   #20
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
I'm not interested in the numbers, so I was hoping more people would say what things they liked about the program(s) they used.
I was hoping the same thing!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2019, 03:22 AM   #21
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
I have written quite a few programs for people around the country. And I also wrote Handifast with help from several people. Dave Schwartz is a dear friend of mine and we always joke around about getting him to use Handifast. He has insisted I pull me head out and try HsH. Well, as I'm getting old as hell, I figured why the hell not. So I am looking at it and learning it. I'm brand new at it, but extremely impressed with all that it can do. It is so deep and multi functional. I have tried many of the popular softwares around over the last 40 years. But this is definitely the most intense piece of software I have ever seen. I have spoken to a few users and they are winning on a consistent basis. Some betting larger than others. Anyway it looks like it's going to be a wild ride. I will report back after I get up to speed and have some results to speak about. I am really liking the path it is taking me down.

Handi
I just signed on with Dave too and I may be older than you.

For Speed - so far I like it because it is the most comprehensive tool I've ever laid eyes on, Dave has put up an unbelievable number of tutorials, I have had to put up a second monitor so I can watch the videos and follow along with the program. A number of members on the FB group have generously offered their help and I'll be taking them up on it after I've gotten comfortable enough with the software to really take advantage of the help. Another thing I like are the Cramer figs. *I hadn't gotten the program when I voted 'other' in the poll.

Bill
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #22
andicap

I'd like to know how many people use CJ's TimeForm ratings and NO software.

I wonder if that is a majority of those who said "none of the above."
Old 08-02-2019, 09:15 PM   #23
Sea Hero

I use RDSS for the pace figures, HTR for many of its features, and my own Excel program for a certain spot play, which I then check in the other two programs.
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 PM   #24
Partsnut
BetMix User

I am a BetMix user. This application, in my opinion, is the best value in horse racing.
You have many ways to handicap within this very intuitive software.
I've used many others and nothing can come close to Bet Mix.
Old 08-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #25
lefty359

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
HSH I have used it regularly EVERYDAY since 2013 and am still finding out new things about it...Marvelous

46, just curious: about how many races a day do you play a day with HSH?
Curious because Dave wrote an article on his website that pros play around 80 races a day. Wow!
I used to have HSH yrs ago, liked it, but afraid it and the data out of my price range. I do think Dave is a genius. And a good guy.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2019, 08:48 AM   #26
Sparky13

Saturday I decided to use an old software program I have had for years. I think I purchased it in 1996. The program is called "George Clutch's Private Method". For the Saturday Saratoga card I handicapped 8 races (#2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 , 10 & 11). The program selected 5 winners on top (Races #2-$9.00, #4-$13.20, #8-$8.50, #9-$3.70 and #10-$6.40). Bet $16.00 and won $40.80. The only draw back to the program, you have to enter the last 3 races from DRF manually. So it does take awhile. I will give it a test for a few weeks and see how it performs on today's races of 2019.
Sparky13 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 10:09 AM   #27
shoelessjoe

I used to use CJ when numbers were on his own website they were very good but since moving to Timeform no get confused
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 02:47 PM   #28
green80

[QUOTE=Sparky13;2501321]Saturday I decided to use an old software program I have had for years. I think I purchased it in 1996. The program is called "George Clutch's Private Method". For the Saturday Saratoga card I handicapped 8 races (#2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 , 10 & 11). The program selected 5 winners on top (Races #2-$9.00, #4-$13.20, #8-$8.50, #9-$3.70 and #10-$6.40). Bet $16.00 and won $40.80. The only draw back to the program, you have to enter the last 3 races from DRF manually. So it does take awhile. I will give it a test for a few weeks and see how it performs on today's races of 2019.[/QUOT

Report back to us when you have 100-200 races handicapped
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2019, 06:28 PM   #29
Binder
VDC Messenger

RDSS

I have used RDSS since its very early development

For Sartin Methodology clients and users, RDSS is a dream piece of software.
Every phase of Doctor Howard Sartins teachings is available. Everything including Phase 1 TPR to Brohamers Modern Pace Handicapping, to Bradshaws, match up and Doc's final phase Velocity Relative to Deceleration or rather VDC.
Ted has also gone a step farther with an RX readout
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #30
boxcar

I use a program, in which I had the privilege of having a hand in developing over the course of these last several years, called Race Tracker created by a long time online friend and very talented programmer who I'll simply identify by his initials BC.

It's really tough to say what I like the most about RT because it has so many great features. Its comprehensiveness and module layout designs, I think would rival any program out there. Layout design, to my mind, counts for much, especially when trying to digest a great deal of data on one screen.

The second thing I love about the program is that none of the major handicapping categories, such as Current Form, Class, Pace, Consistency, etc. rely upon only one rating. Multiple ratings, created from different perspectives, are used for all the major categories. The program doesn't put all the eggs in one basket for any major handicapping category.

Finally, RT is very well balanced between quantitative and qualitative data. The hundreds of racing angles in RT's output are only rivaled by probably as many quantitative-based ratings.

I'm not quite sure just how many modules there are in RT -- my educated guess is probably around 150 or so, so over the years we have learned to focus on and work with what we consider to be "key" modules in our handicapping , which number about 2 dozen or so.

The greatest breakthroughs were realized in the last year or so when we were able to add considerable depth to the important TI (Trainer's Intention) factor by quantifying certain key data. The discoveries we made in this one area alone, we think are quite significant.

Happy Punting to All!