Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #1
Nosed

Jockeys that deserve more mounts, or less mounts?

There's some jockey's I wouldn't mind seeing on more mounts. Don't even know if he's still riding but Hiram G. Rivera was one. John Bisono at Parx usually knows what to do when he gets a good mount. Corey Lanerie (even though he's a top Jock) kind of goes under the radar IMO.
On the other hand, jokers like Casey Kaufman, Jesse Lantz, Arguello should be cleaning the stables. Joe Johnson and Pat Johnston ( if he's still riding) should be retired.
Nosed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosed
There's some jockey's I wouldn't mind seeing on more mounts. Don't even know if he's still riding but Hiram G. Rivera was one. John Bisono at Parx usually knows what to do when he gets a good mount. Corey Lanerie (even though he's a top Jock) kind of goes under the radar IMO.
On the other hand, jokers like Casey Kaufman, Jesse Lantz, Arguello should be cleaning the stables. Joe Johnson and Pat Johnston ( if he's still riding) should be retired.
Bric Blanc brutal..there are those who will defend his turf riding..he sucks..
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Bric Blanc brutal..there are those who will defend his turf riding..he sucks..
Disagree. He's underrated. He rides the horses he has fine, he's improved as far as my eye can see.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #4
Not4Love
not4love

Brice

Brice is horrible . Can not get a speed horse to relax early. Favorite angle is Blanc to Talamo on a speed horse knocking on the door. I guess he's ok with a late closer or "one run" type of horse but not with a front runner.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
plainolebill

Tiago Pereira can ride, he should have a mount in every race.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Tall One
Scum Bum!

That's not Fabio Arguello, Jr is it, Nosed? I thought he was done a long time ago...

One of the Johnsons, Joe I think, had a mount for Gary Hartledge (surprise!) I wanna say at Keeneland this April?

How's Gryder doing out on the coast, guys? I know he was picking up some mounts for Sheriffs (winner on Protocol a few starts back) but he seems out of the loop anymore.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
No doubt. He's strong.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
That's not Fabio Arguello, Jr is it, Nosed? I thought he was done a long time ago...

One of the Johnsons, Joe I think, had a mount for Gary Hartledge (surprise!) I wanna say at Keeneland this April?

How's Gryder doing out on the coast, guys? I know he was picking up some mounts for Sheriffs (winner on Protocol a few starts back) but he seems out of the loop anymore.
Gryder is fantastic, the guy rides very smart races whenever he gets a real shot, he should get more mounts, not sure why he doesn't.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not4Love
Brice is horrible . Can not get a speed horse to relax early. Favorite angle is Blanc to Talamo on a speed horse knocking on the door. I guess he's ok with a late closer or "one run" type of horse but not with a front runner.
Watch his rides on Do Some Magic at SA in Jan, Feb and March.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #10
Nosed

[QUOTE=Tall One]That's not Fabio Arguello, Jr is it, Nosed? I thought he was done a long time ago...

Yep, that's him... pretty sure he's still riding in Kentucky circuit.
Nosed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
RunDustyRun

Juan Hernandez at Golden gate is a jockey I would like to see try the SoCal circuit again...had a decent Del Mar meet a few years back but then couldn't get many live mounts at SA before heading back north....patient rider who can really rate a horse up front and was fairly decent on turf....other than on cheap speed, Edwin Maldonado is the SoCal jockey I have little time for...master of moving to quickly...
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #12
zico20

Julien Laperoux sucks. He blows more races than all the other jockeys combined. Yes, I can't stand him.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #13
moneyandland

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
Excuse me while I puke my guts out, this joker cost me the Pk6 on a $12 ticket blowing the last at Los Al on Sat, terrible, terrible ride looking back waiting on competition in a 4 horse race, instead of pushing a cheap horse to an open lead, I realize everyone makes mistakes just too soon to see that name as a guy that deserves more mounts lol
moneyandland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Junior Alvarado seems like he could handle even better mounts. http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/...yId=2.00125057

I don't know enough about Florent Geroux, but he seems like he understands turf race dynamics and can sit a good trip. I don't know whether or not he can be aggressive when the situation calls for it. http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/...yId=2.00119101

I used to like Luis Villanueva a lot, but he just has never gotten any mounts (and when he does, they're 30-1 shots for small barns). It's been a long enough time, and I also haven't noticed as many of the sporadic move-up rides that he had been producing, that I have kind of lost interest in him as a prospect at this point. http://form.horseracing.betfair.com/...yId=2.00147118

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 07-15-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #15
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosed
Don't even know if he's still riding but Hiram G. Rivera was one.
He moved back to Puerto Rico last year. No idea if he is riding there or not.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: