Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #16
Eddie W
pick6 placeall

Keep all records, data....Everything that you could...Bet on your time
not anybody else time....Pick6 carryover don't go for..
Take your time and moment to bet...Don't let the people play you.
Look at angle's.....I get 6-8 and 7-8 on the time in the place-all
When the time is right you will win...
Eddie W is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest
If you're hitting 11 of 16, the best thing to do is to not seek advice.
At first I thought the same thing, but then reality struck!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #18
beefas

11 out of 16... if i can pick 3 winners at suffolk on a 9 race card..im a happy camper..like yesterday i was 1 for 9..i dont play favorites, and skip races if i can, suffolk has to be one of the toughest tracks to beat...
beefas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoodday
Awsome responses by everyone i wanna say thanks to greyfox and thaskalos for their extended replies.Greyfox you mentioned to coninue reading and learning more about exotics,do you have any reccomendations for books on them?Or any links to solid info online??As i am having a hard time finding good strategy on the subject.
Good news if you're into it. There's already a post on this board selling Steven Crist's Exotic Betting. (I spelled his name wrong earlier.)

Check out:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=86563
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 AM   #20
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Good news if you're into it. There's already a post on this board selling Steven Crist's Exotic Betting. (I spelled his name wrong earlier.)

Check out:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=86563
I have a copy of this book, in excellent condition...and I am willing to send it to "onegoodday" completely free of charge. I will even pay for the shipping.

All he has to do is PM his shipping information to me.

It's my small way of helping to promote our wonderful game to interested newcomers.

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
Bruddah
Veteran

If you're getting that many winners on a daily basis, don't do anything different. Don't learn anything about handicapping because your number of daily wins will certainly go down.

STAY LUCKY my friend and drink another Dos Equis.
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #22
pondman

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoodday
and by that i mean when did you guys really start to turn the page with your handicapping and what did it take for it to happen?
When I focused on making money...and specialized on maidens and shippers( and grass races in S. California.)

Limit your play to a few horses, and hit em heavy. In the long run you'll need good records to know a good bet over time. You are better off sitting out-- if the race has nothing of value in it. Sit and wait! Save your money for the good bets.
pondman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #23
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondman
When I focused on making money...and specialized on maidens and shippers( and grass races in S. California.)

Limit your play to a few horses, and hit em heavy. In the long run you'll need good records to know a good bet over time. You are better off sitting out-- if the race has nothing of value in it. Sit and wait! Save your money for the good bets.
Good advice, i do something similar with exacta's. Instead of boxing 2 horses, many times i will try to crush it the way i think it will come in, but then hedge it the other way to still get a profit and avoid the agony of it coming in the other way around for a total loss.

Also, be on your toes to any changes whether track,scratches etc. Sunday's 1st at Saratoga had changes from turf 1m to dirt 7f, my overnight handicapping pointed me to one horse but had to make the change...much uninformed money is lost this way. rbj