Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 AM   #16
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n
That was a good pick, but the best prognostication ever has to go to Greyfox, whose post #8 anticipated post #9 verbatim.
Ahem. Great minds think alike.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 AM   #17
foregoforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n
That was a good pick, but the best prognostication ever has to go to Greyfox, whose post #8 anticipated post #9 verbatim.

We need to have an investigation of this pre-posting. Does the tote system run this board by any chance?
foregoforever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 08:43 AM   #18
BetHorses!

CJ's numbers are by far the best around. And CJ is an all around great guy.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #19
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento
Anyone who picked the 2 to win the 7th at Arlington Park today cannot handicap a lick. That horse won solely on the fact that 6 horses got stopped cold through half of the stretch.

Not to pile on, but unless this is completely tongue-in-cheek, this may be the single worst post ever.

CJ doesn't need to be defended by anyone, as a handicapper or ( more importantly ) a person, but he's about as fine an example of both as you will ever be lucky enough to know in life. Hell, just his shocking generosity on this website proves that.

It's amazing some of the crap that gets spewed on the internet. But congratulations on rising to the top of the garbage heap with this one.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #20
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Not to pile on, but unless this is completely tongue-in-cheek, this may be the single worst post ever.

CJ doesn't need to be defended by anyone, as a handicapper or ( more importantly ) a person, but he's about as fine an example of both as you will ever be lucky enough to know in life. Hell, just his shocking generosity on this website proves that.

It's amazing some of the crap that gets spewed on the internet. But congratulations on rising to the top of the garbage heap with this one.
It was COMPLETELY tounge in cheek. Wow...struck a nerve here. Was seriously kidding....anytime you have a 30-1 shot on top, you deserve credit and do not have to defend it. My apologies to all as I was not bashing the guy.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #21
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoforever

We need to have an investigation of this pre-posting. Does the tote system run this board by any chance?
More than likely the original post was posted, for a few seconds and then edited for typos. I do this all the time. This allowed the reply to seem to come before the post.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #22
Relwob Owner

Quote:
It was COMPLETELY tounge in cheek. Wow...struck a nerve here. Was seriously kidding....anytime you have a 30-1 shot on top, you deserve credit and do not have to defend it. My apologies to all as I was not bashing the guy.

I just re-read your post.....what was tongue in cheek about it? I really cant see any way that the post wasnt intended in the way most are interpreting it.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #23
the little guy

Quote:

Thanks. I assumed as much.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #24
Bruddah
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy

The World must be coming to an end! Because, I am giving the Little Guy's post a coveted AMEN BRUDDAH!
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #25
KidCapper

What a boost to one's ego it must be. My only goal in life now is to have a post entirely dedicated to whether or not I am a genius. I am not sure what steps I need to take. Is there a form to fill out? For now I guess I'll go back to plugging away on the selection board. And yes I am just screwing around here. Good luck today handicappers.

KidCapper
KidCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #26
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCapper
What a boost to one's ego it must be. My only goal in life now is to have a post entirely dedicated to whether or not I am a genius. I am not sure what steps I need to take. Is there a form to fill out? For now I guess I'll go back to plugging away on the selection board. And yes I am just screwing around here. Good luck today handicappers.

KidCapper
You're just a KidCapper though...too young for the genius title
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCapper

KidCapper
While I appreciate the nice words here of many, the only boost me ego needs is cash. May you fill your pockets today with other people's money, not mine.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Since you said 'anyone' apology accepted...... Man what a place......you gotta have some fun Around here sometime........But I only picked him to run second......so I don't feel so bad.......

I haven't seen the head on, but I thought it was a daring ride that got it done.

Last edited by JustRalph; 08-14-2011 at 04:27 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #29
JustCoolGene

A friend of mine and myself used some commercial software on the race discussed in this thread. Arlington Park – Race 7 - August 13, 2011. The Hatoof Race.

All Selections are BLACK BOX with no adjustments made using BRIS Multicaps data file. Race scratches were already removed by BRIS, so the file contained only horses that ran in the race.

You can easily see how the "Santina Dond" program rankings gave this horse a really good chance to win at 30-1 using only BRIS data.

Rank 1 ...JCapper OddsLine Version 2005-2006
Rank 1 ...Tom Console FG Program
Rank 1 ...Tom Console Space Program
Rank 1 ...BRIS Last Race Speed Fig
Rank 2 ...BRIS Class Rating
Rank 2 ...MultiCaps (Total Factors)
Rank 2 ...Aplus 8.0
Rank 2 ...SuperStars Oddsline

Hope this provides incite into the race,
Gene

Last edited by JustCoolGene; 08-14-2011 at 07:42 PM.
JustCoolGene is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #30
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I thought this thread was going to be much more fun........ you guys are a tough crowd. I thought for sure this would be a great opportunity to have some fun with CJ.

It's Saratoga Getaway week. Loosen up guys.........let's have some fun huh?

Btw, CJ, did you make it to the golf tournament ?