Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-13-2024, 04:02 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I remember when Obama spent almost $1 trillion on an infrastructure bill to spend on "shovel ready" jobs. He later admitted that there were no shovel ready jobs.

You must just be upset as where you live did not see any benefit. When I was in Riverside Ca. a 3 mile or so section of SR-60 got a decorative sound barrier wall and off ramps widened, no more chain link fence and weeds. They replaced the weeds with decorative rock. There were signs up that it was financed by the American Recovery Act or whatever the hell it was. The job was shovel ready, the only thing torn down was chain link fencing.

I am sure the rattlesnakes, jack rabbits, and coyotes that live in the area greatly benefited from not having to listen to highway noise. That area will never be developed because in California the land owner is responsible for toxic waste clean up even if they were not the polluter. The area is contaminated from run off from the String Fellow Acid Pits and is frequented by people illegally dumping trash and toxic waste. The ground water is contaminated. That whole stretch has a grand total of one structure, a Shell Gas Station Mini mart. The ramps they widened might get 20 cars an hour, using them I rarely had anyone in front of me.

The moral of the story, they could have just paid the construction workers to stay home for a couple months, and saved the cost of building materials, fuel and equipment maintenance.

California has a high instance of illegal dumping, obviously due to the fact dumping fees are sky high and toxic waste disposal is expensive and requires a bunch of paperwork. The fire department can walk in your business anytime and search the premises for chemicals you should not
have and ask for your waste disposal records. They can also dole out fines.

Many a business owner has made the false assumption you can use anything in your business sold at the local Home Depot, that is incorrect.
By the way F**K California, we should sell it back to Mexico for $1.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2024, 04:13 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
So…you’d rather the government NOT rebuild roads/bridges and the like if they’re going to lie about why they need the money?
The fact that you accept them just making shit up that anyone with even a sliver of intelligence can see through, is telling.

Why would you accept that?
Old 04-13-2024, 05:32 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
So…you’d rather the government NOT rebuild roads/bridges and the like if they’re going to lie about why they need the money?
I would rather they don’t make payoffs to unions and Dem donors is what they are really doing
Old 04-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #19
jimmyb

Mayor Pete thinks the KKK is patrolling the highways and hanging blacks from bridges. Climate change is fueling the increase in these white supremists.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2024, 06:04 PM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The fact that you accept them just making shit up that anyone with even a sliver of intelligence can see through, is telling.

Why would you accept that?
Because I want to drive over safe bridges and roads without potholes.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:14 PM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Because I want to drive over safe bridges and roads without potholes.

Better stay the hell out of Baltimore and I don't say that because of the bridge incident. I have never seen so many hub caps scattered about. There was a curved highway merge lined with cement divider sections with hubcaps wall to wall and three deep. I should have snapped a picture, that curve had more holes in the road than flat surface. I don't think I have seen worse roads anywhere in the USA. Baltimore can probably support more tire and rim shops than anywhere else.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:16 PM   #22
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Better stay the hell out of Baltimore and I don't say that because of the bridge incident. I have never seen so many hub caps scattered about. There was a curved highway merge lined with cement divider sections with hubcaps wall to wall and three deep. I should have snapped a picture, that curve had more holes in the road than flat surface. I don't think I have seen worse roads anywhere in the USA. Baltimore can probably support more tire and rim shops than anywhere else.
I have no plans to visit Baltimore..ever.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:37 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Mayor Pete thinks the KKK is patrolling the highways and hanging blacks from bridges. Climate change is fueling the increase in these white supremists.

I would not put it past Mayor Pete to say climate change fuels white supremacy, the stupid crap he utters is unreal. I wonder if Pete is a time traveler? Seriously, when did we have "too many" white construction workers?
Let us change the "too many" to the majority of construction workers being white. I think if you want to go back to the majority of construction workers being white Pete wasn't even born yet. Pete was born in 1982, there was already a lot of people from south of the border doing construction then.
I would say 75% of construction workers you see here are from south of the border, the rest black. There are VDOT (Va Department of Transportation) workers that are white, but that is public, not private. I think the last white construction trade worker I saw was a guy who marked the electrical cable path so my neighbor could dig a trench to my well.

Maybe Pete saw a large construction project in a Lilly white state like Wyoming and thought all areas look like that. The guy gets my vote for educated idiot of the decade. I don't think anyone with his educational resume could be so lost and useless as he is.
Old 04-13-2024, 06:46 PM   #24
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I would not put it past Mayor Pete to say climate change fuels white supremacy, the stupid crap he utters is unreal. I wonder if Pete is a time traveler? Seriously, when did we have "too many" white construction workers?
Let us change the "too many" to the majority of construction workers being white. I think if you want to go back to the majority of construction workers being white Pete wasn't even born yet. Pete was born in 1982, there was already a lot of people from south of the border doing construction then.
I would say 75% of construction workers you see here are from south of the border, the rest black. There are VDOT (Va Department of Transportation) workers that are white, but that is public, not private. I think the last white construction trade worker I saw was a guy who marked the electrical cable path so my neighbor could dig a trench to my well.

Maybe Pete saw a large construction project in a Lilly white state like Wyoming and thought all areas look like that. The guy gets my vote for educated idiot of the decade. I don't think anyone with his educational resume could be so lost and useless as he is.
Dirty jobs had an episode where Mike Rowe joined iron workers laying rebar for the roads in Florida. Blacks were on the crew, some had 20 years or more experience.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2024, 11:19 AM   #25
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Turns out Build Back Better refered to IRAN, not the US.
Old 04-14-2024, 05:37 PM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Dirty jobs had an episode where Mike Rowe joined iron workers laying rebar for the roads in Florida. Blacks were on the crew, some had 20 years or more experience.

They should have all those out of touch pencil pushing idiots that think since we are living longer the retirement age should be raised to save social security, go spend a day laying rebar in the humid Florida heat. The wear and tear on the body from decades of hard manual labor is the same now as it was in 1935. The only difference is you can get replacement parts now, but that is hit and miss. Some people are fine with new knees and hips, others not so much. My retired postal supervisor neighbor was a roofer by trade but his knees were shot by 40, he has one new one but it had to be done twice, he is leery about getting the other replaced, he is like 70 now.