Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 12-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #1
andicap

Horse Racing Nation reports

I'm not interested in the picks, but has anyone used their Pro reports? Worth the price? (Daily or monthly.)
Old 12-20-2023, 06:27 PM   #2
CheckMark

I've tried their reports, and I probably didn't use them enough to get the "full" experience, but I found them to not aid me too much vs what they claim to provide.

I got the Saratoga package this summer, which came with all the reports for each day of the meet, for a decent price.

Half the time, those reports wouldn't be updated, and when I asked if they ever would update to make sure I was getting the current info, they said sometimes the reports NEVER get updated. So you might get stuck with 1-2 day old stats vs having up-to-date information on shippers, jockeys etc. For example, they would make reports 24-48 hours in advance but NEVER update the stats from the previous day's races.

Overall these reports never really helped me, and even though I did use this information for the entire meet I never saw any "big hits" or anything like that using these reports.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by CheckMark; 12-20-2023 at 06:29 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2023, 06:36 PM   #3
CheckMark

The only one that would be worth pursuing or at least would be of assistance would be the Shipper Report and the rest of them you can probably figure out yourself.

That is the report I used the most often. I know you could probably figure out the Shippers Report too but then again, half the tracks/workout tracks I wouldn't keep track of to see if the winners were coming from there. The rest of the reports like what I said you can figure out yourself. Pretty basic stuff that doesn't really need their own reports.
Old 12-20-2023, 06:42 PM   #4
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
The only one that would be worth pursuing or at least would be of assistance would be the Shipper Report and the rest of them you can probably figure out yourself.

That is the report I used the most often. I know you could probably figure out the Shippers Report too but then again, half the tracks/workout tracks I wouldn't keep track of to see if the winners were coming from there. The rest of the reports like what I said you can figure out yourself. Pretty basic stuff that doesn't really need their own reports.
You can do all of this yourself basically, you don't need the reports. Just some hard work and dedication and you can make your OWN reports

Pace Report- Use Timeform US Pace Figures or any pace figures to determine the likely front runners, closers etc. Can also make your own "Pace Projector".

Jockey Report- Literally look at the standings and find out who is winning and who isn't. Pretty straightforward.

First-Time Starter Insights- Sure this one you can probably use this report but if you literally go on DRF Formulator/Timeform US/BRIS PP's or even Twinspires, you can figure out to look up the Sire Stats and record that info yourself.

Post Position Bias- Like the Jockey report, you can look up the different post position stats for each surface and distance.

I forgot to mention that I don't remember using the Sire moves at all during the summer. But I forgot to mention that the "Horses to Single" report was useless because sometimes the report would single an AE, and then it scratches, which defeats the whole purpose of the report.

The Shipper Report would be the only one that I would consider purchasing. The rest you can do yourself.

Last edited by CheckMark; 12-20-2023 at 06:44 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-21-2023, 12:46 PM   #5
andicap

Yeah, about what I figured. Thanks for the reply.