Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #61
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisontheBay
Your snarky post brings zero. What % of jockeys are female ? Trainers ?

Keep in mind females are 51% of the population in the USA

what percentage of females have played football, baseball or basketball?

and what does having playing experience to do with being a good coach?

I am curious what you feel about Phil Jackson's coaching abilities? do you consider him a better player or a better coach?

The people who coach Tiger Woods on various phases of his golfing game are clearly good at something, but better than Tiger?

Maybe you consider my remarks snarky, but I consider your sexist opinion on coaching laughable
Old 08-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #62
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
Neither do I, and this has nothing to do with that. And if you're not sexist, then there is no such thing as you are pretty much the definition. (Maybe you do think there is no such thing.)

I just returned from a night of watching the O's demolish the Cards! There were several women in the place and I did remind them that they should be home serving beer and making ham sandwiches for their men; with aprons on !!

If you don't want reactions, don't post in the first place.
Thanks a-hole; I'll try to follow your advice! PA- I can't post anymore per game Theory- It's been nice knowing everyone here !
Old 08-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #63
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
what percentage of females have played football, baseball or basketball?

None/none/who cares

and what does having playing experience to do with being a good coach?
Very little if you are a man and can command respect !

I am curious what you feel about Phil Jackson's coaching abilities? do you consider him a better player or a better coach?

I saw Jackson play and he was a pain in the arse for the Bullets- he knows the game

The people who coach Tiger Woods on various phases of his golfing game are clearly good at something, but better than Tiger?

He is really doing well, isn't he
?

Maybe you consider my remarks snarky, but I consider your sexist opinion on coaching laughable

Who cares what you think ? troll !
Old 08-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #64
dav4463

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace
Back to topic gentleman.

Becky Hammon was hired as asst. coach for the Spurs. I'm on record saying that I doubt she's doing a ton of actual instruction.....BUT....if Popovich wants her to instruct, I'll bet my last dollar that the players will be coachable. The culture in that organization is so much bigger than any player. That's the real beauty of that team. They put their egos aside and do what they are told to do because that's the Spurs way.

Nice to hear a voice of reason.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #65
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav4463
Nice to hear a voice of reason.
You say so, it must be real
Old 08-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #66
Canarsie

Quote:
Big time female teams ?? The WNBA ?? Does anyone really watch other than friends and relatives ??
Maybe you'll respond to this curiously there wasn't a peep from you when I mentioned free throw shooting instruction.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/theli...ory?id=6780849

While I do agree with you that women can't perform some jobs because of physical limitations I have yet to see an NBA head coach do anything in practice that a female couldn't do. I can't imagine pop trying to post up Tim Duncan no matter how much I respect him. How many head coaches actively participate in team drills? They may set them up but the buck stops there.

OK one more time here's the question. How come females can shoot free throws at a higher percentage than men?

Also I bet all these anti female coaching posters couldn't name one assistant (except for the female of course) on the Spurs roster before utilizing a search engine to make it seem like they knew. After looking it up myself I am not afraid to admit I would have come up with a zero. Yet all of these unknowns have done a great job coaching a team that has went to the past two NBA finals. So there is no reason to think that a female couldn't help in whatever task a coaching genius like pop assigns her.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #67
cj's dad

Do me a favor and read posts 1-3-22-44 and the first sentence of post 49. Never once did I question her ability. I look at it as an awkward situation. If it works out, good for the Spurs and good for her.

I have often said that the women play a more tactical game than the men. There is more passing, and better shooting. I assume this comes from the fact that their game is not played above the rim and also there seems to be more teamwork due perhaps to lack of big time egos that exist in the NBA.

Personal attacks started with Trotter's posts 25 and 29 and the thread went somewhat downhill after that.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #68
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
Personal attacks started with Trotter's posts 25 and 29 and the thread went somewhat downhill after that.
You're such a pussy! Nice attempt to back-peddle. You know what your intent was by starting this thread, so put your big boy undies on and own it!

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 08-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #69
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter
You're such a pussy! Nice attempt to back-peddle. You know what your intent was by starting this thread, so put your big boy undies on and own it!
And the name calling continues !! The forte of many libs !
Old 08-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #70
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
And the name calling continues !! The forte of many libs !
Not only won't you own your own post but you're a hypocrite to boot.

Quote:
Oh to be as enlightened as a card carrying liberal
The first one to interject politics into the thread.

Quote:
"Hopefully, you don't have any daughters "

Classy !
A nice sarcastic "classy" to my comment about having daughters. Really?

Quote:
Your snarky post brings zero.
A very mature comment to what davew posted. So, you're the classy one.

Quote:
Thanks a-hole
Another strong response back to GameTheory!

Quote:
Who cares what you think ? troll !
Calls davew a troll! What?

...and the beat goes on.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 08-09-2014, 12:52 PM   #71
johnhannibalsmith

Let's just open the war room for an hour and get this out of everyone's system like a good line brawl and focus on more important things, like making sure I don't have to hear female sports broadcasters.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
Old 08-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #72
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Trotter

A nice sarcastic "classy" to my comment about having daughters. Really?
I did not comment about YOU having daughters

YOU posted this yo ME " Hopefully, you don't have any daughters" which is uncalled for.Why did you have to bring family make up into a thread about a female coach.

Yes, it was a true lack of class on your part to do so. Then again I expect little from you.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #73
Jay Trotter
CHEESEY

Quote:
I did not comment about YOU having daughters

YOU posted this yo ME " Hopefully, you don't have any daughters" which is uncalled for.Why did you have to bring family make up into a thread about a female coach.

Yes, it was a true lack of class on your part to do so. Then again I expect little from you.
Well, you match my expectations too, so let's leave it at that.

Jim Schoenfeld
Old 08-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #74
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarsie

OK one more time here's the question. How come females can shoot free throws at a higher percentage than men?
Simple, the ball is smaller.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #75
GameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Simple, the ball is smaller.
And they're shorter. Just like guards in the NBA are generally much better free throw shooters. Once a player is taller than 6'7 or so seems to be trickier...
Closed Thread