Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 10-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #1
Teach

Freehold Raceway: Saturday, October 17

Race One:

Early Double: 2,3,6 with 5, 2, 3

2 HOPIESDRAGNINTHEDO drops down and draws inside. This aged Dragon Again-bred gelding is a “contendah.” Austin Siegelman reprises the drive.

3 TIME WATCH with Vinny Ginsburg in the bike appears to be “the choice.” This well-bred 4-year old faded in the stretch in his last at “The Big M.” Yet, today, he faces lesser company.

6 CHEEK THIS OUT is “the sleeper.” This 3-year old Art Major-bred gelding might just surprise. He fits. Yet he’ll have to come from “downtown” if he hopes to get his picture taken. Mitchell Cushing is in the sulky.

Race Two:

5 NOTORIOUS gets my tepid nod in the 2nd half of the early double. This Bob Bongiorno-trainee has a touch of early foot. Should he make the lead? Austin Siegelman drives.

2 TITUS SEELSTER may go off “the chalk.” Yet this 9-year old Canadian-bred is stepping up in class. “EA, he’s in the game,” Eric Abbatiello, is in the bike.

3 ARTISTIC CRUISER faced much better over on the Paterson Plank Road, i.e., The Meadowlands, in his last (he finished next to last). Today this 8-year old meets lesser company. He appears to be rounding into form. “Smitty’s” in the bike.

Race Three:

4 CAPTAIN FANCY looks like “The Horse” in the New Jersey Sire Stakes event for “56-huge.” Daniel Dube, “Monsieur Quebecois,” is in the sulky for trainer Bill Mackenzie. This Captaintreacherous-bred should be out and going when the wings retract.

3 NOT TODAY won his last against lesser NJ Stakes company in his last. He is stepping back up, yet he does figure to be there at the wire. It’s the father-son combination, Erv and Marcus Miller.

6 SOLID ALIBI. If there’s a value-play “sleeper,” I believe it’s this Nik Drennan-trainee. The Monticello, NY native, George Brennan, is in the sulky. Last month, this American Ideal-bred turned in an impressive 1:53.2 in winning at Philadelphia. If he can reprise that effort...?

Race Four:

1 IN HIGH COTTON is my choice in this 10k NJ Sires Stakes race. I believe this Somebeachsomewhere-bred is sitting on a win. Daniel Dube from the “Je me souviens” province reprises the ride.

6 SUMMER RAE appears to be the main competition. This Roll With Joe-bred filly turned in a sizzling 1:56.2 in her last in this company. If she can get to the top as she did in her last...? George Brennan is the reinsman.

Race Five:

In this amateur trot I’ve opted for the “rail horse,” 1 EXUBERANCE with Pearly Allen. Allen recently survived a scary bout with Covid-19. It’s good to see him on the racetrack.

4 FIJI looks like the main competition. This Cantab Hall-bred is a classy sort. His pilot is David Offenberg. This Eric Abbatiello-trainee will need the trip to get his picture taken.

5 TROPICAL STORM BI could be “the Sleeper.” This Yankee Glide-bred gelding was scratched out of his last at Pocono. Yet there is a degree of back-class that can’t be ignored. The former New York state department of corrections official, Tony Ciuffetelli, is in the sulky.

Race Six:

3 DEEDENUTO A is my medium-longshot selection. This 7-year old brown gelding caught a lot of interest at the betting windows, i.e., ADW’s, in his last; he finished 4th. Thia Aussie-bred appears to be rounding into form. It’s the Steve Smith-Karen Garland combo.

5 HERRICKROOSEVELT N is my longshot “sleeper.” This aptly-named Kiwi 7-year old might just wake up. Yes, this Christian Cullen-bred has been away from the races for one month, yet if he’s ready, he could surprise...at a price! Marcus Miller drives.

8 ART SCENE is coming from “Downtown Freehold.” This American Ideal-bred will have to overcome that “outside” post. Yet, this 6-year old has an early turn of foot. The Mainer, Jason Bartlett is in the sulky for trainer Chris Height.

Race Seven:

1 NOX VEGAS BLUCHIP has faced better. The red-hot reinsman, the Illinois native, Troy Beyer, is in the bike. I believe this Mark Ford-trainee is a value-play.

4 VASARI N draws a better starting post. This New Zealand-bred is a classy sort (Last year, he turned in a 1:52.3 on Saratoga’s half-mile oval). He should not be overlooked. Austin Siegelman is in the bike for trainer Art Posner.

5 SOLID ASA ROCK A merits consideration in this company. He now draws mid-pack. This Rocknroll Hanover-bred has faced better. Vinny Ginsburg is in the sulky for trainer Chris Height.

Race Eight:

2 ON ACCIDENT faced much better in his last at “The Big M.” He now returns to a level at which he can win. The Mainer, Mitch Cushing, is in the bike for trainer Tim Lancaster.

4 SOLO STORY is most definitely a contender in this company. Another “Downeaster” (Ayeh!) is in the sulky, Jason Bartlett. This 7-year old Bettor’s Delight-bred tries is pacing skills at Freehold’s ½ mile oval after a stint at The Meadowlands.

5 DRINKIN AGAIN fits in this competition. This Real Artist-bred is most definitely a “board-hitter.” Daniel Dube has the call for trainer Phil Jasper.

Race Nine:

3 ARTMAGIC faded in his last after making it to the lead from his outside post at Pocono. This Art Major-bred now draws much better. He’s a factor. This Chris Height-trainee should be charging home in the stretch. Jason Bartlett is the teamster.

6 ULTIMATE FLYER N is admittedly a “gambler’s throw.” Yet there is a degree of back-class. “Eric the Red,” Eric Abbatiello, is this Bettor’s Delight-bred's pilot. This 6-year old could surprise and add value to your ticket.

1 ROCKWITHTHEBEST does draw the rail. This Rockin Image-bred does fit in this company. Vinny Ginsburg drives for trainer Brandon Mongiello.

Race Ten:

4 SOME POWER gets my nod in what I believe will be a tightly contested race. Admittedly, I’m lookin’ for value. This Somebeachsomewhere-bred could provide it. Mitchell Cushing picks up the drive for trainer Ann Depietro.

2 BLACK DAN will likely go off as “the chalk.” This David Wiskow-trained 4-year old certainly figures. This black gelding easily defeated weaker in his last. Eric Abbatiello is in the bike.

3 ASTOR finished 3rd in this company in his last. Any slight improvement... Vinny Ginsburg is in the bike for trainer Paul Fusco.

Race Eleven:

4 JERRYTONE gets my nod in this competitive race. Troy Beyer picks up the drive for trainer Jim Petruccelli. This 4-year old did turn in a 1:52.4 at The Meadowlands last year. This A Rocknroll Dance-bred is capable of going out for the lead. If he makes the top, or he can find a tuck...?

1 LET’S FOAL AROUND does draw inside after an array of outside starting posts. That alone could make a difference as to this gelding’s chances of winning. Jim Marshall III for owner-trainer Bill Bena.

5 POWER DREAMING N is my longshot try. This New Zealand-bred showed little against stronger in his last. Yet I believe today’s class-drop makes him a factor among these. The son of one of harness racing’s best drivers, Carmine Abbatiello (I saw him many times on the New York circuit), Carmine Abbatiello, Eric Abbatiello is in the sulky for trainer Brandon Mongiello.

Race Twelve:

4 HOWMAC NAPOLEON gets my lukewarm nod in the finale. This 3-year old could be better than his lines show. Earlier in the year he turned in some good times up in “The Maritimes” were the tracks tend to be slower. I believe this Prince Edward Island-bred is capable of surprising. Eric Abbatiello is the pilot for trainer Mike Russo.

1 OFFICER BLUE CHIP draws the rail. That makes him “a player.” Mitch Cushing is in the bike for trainerJohn Urbanski.

7 TEST RIDE is admittedly an “out of leftfield” pick that I see as a possible unexpected “board-hitter” than an actual winner. Call it a hunch; yet if he finds his number up on Freehold infield tote board... Irish-Joe Hanney for trainer Symon Spicer.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply