Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #136
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
hopefully with his conscience. i could ask no more of any senator. but can they?

It is apparent that certain members of the republican senate will break their word to us, falling on the sword, sacrificing themselves to fall in line to confirm a presidential recommendation to the highest court in the land. It seems they will not be voting their conscience and will break their word. So be it. We are who we are.
In this case a model not to be respected. Children should not be exposed to this “X” rated event, for at the least, its hypocrisy.
Sort of like exposing children the impeachment vote.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #137
tucker6

Quote:
hopefully with his conscience. i could ask no more of any senator. but can they?

It is apparent that certain members of the republican senate will break their word to us, falling on the sword, sacrificing themselves to fall in line to confirm a presidential recommendation to the highest court in the land. It seems they will not be voting their conscience and will break their word. So be it. We are who we are.
In this case a model not to be respected. Children should not be exposed to this “X” rated event, for at the least, its hypocrisy.
LOL, and here I thought HCAP would be the one having the first stroke.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #138
Tor Ekman

Romney just announced he's on board with moving forward with vote on Trump's nominee and will vote based on the qualifications of the nominee (he likely has already been told who it is) so together with Grassley and Gardner also saying they are on board, looks like GOP has 51 votes and should be a done deal
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #139
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

We've seen over the last 6+ months that all Democrats have ZERO conscience...they've looked the other way, and even nodded approval to rioters, looters, violence and law breaking to the extreme.

**** them.

Now you're appealing to a higher conscience? You're appealing to the notion of "the highest court in the land?"

GTFOOH
Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #140
MargieRose

Quote:

It seems that you want them to vote YOUR conscience.

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 11:47 AM   #141
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
It seems that you want them to vote YOUR conscience.

https://youtu.be/BTH_X8OXki8
at least I can tell you, you are wrong. Most likely Its out of your realm.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #142
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
We've seen over the last 6+ months that all Democrats have ZERO conscience...they've looked the other way, and even nodded approval to rioters, looters, violence and law breaking to the extreme.

**** them.

Now you're appealing to a higher conscience? You're appealing to the notion of "the highest court in the land?"

GTFOOH
I appeal to a high morality, democrat, republican or pa member

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #143
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
I supported my position that your moron-in-chief is a pathological liar. There have been a dozen other threads on his foreign policy failures. Not interested in embarrassing you further.
You don't embarrass me, you embarrass yourself. Your "proof" about President Trump being a liar or a failure is specious at best. Make that, idiotic. Your history on here proves you border on ... well I won't say what, but everyone knows what I mean.

President Trump's historic 1st term is one for the ages. He is a historic figure and people such as yourself are just sad, angry partisans.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #144
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
You don't embarrass me, you embarrass yourself. Your "proof" about President Trump being a liar or a failure is specious at best. Make that, idiotic. Your history on here proves you border on ... well I won't say what, but everyone knows what I mean.

President Trump's historic 1st term is one for the ages. He is a historic figure and people such as yourself are just sad, angry partisans.
No, your moron is a pathetic pathological liar and narcissist. The worst president in American history.

Sorry he hypnotized you
Snap out of it.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:44 PM   #145
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
No, your moron is a pathetic pathological liar and narcissist. The worst president in American history.
Poor old James Buchanan (the ONLY Batchelor, or was he light on his feet? WIlliam Rufus King?) now gets to move out of the basement in that regard.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:04 PM   #146
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 02:05 PM   #147
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I don't trust that bastard with an important vote any more than I trusted McCain.
Yeah, be just like him to yell "surprise" and vote the other way.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 02:12 PM   #148
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
What a tasteless way to portray your commander in chief.
Show respect, you dirty little scoundrel.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #149
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Poor old James Buchanan (the ONLY Batchelor, or was he light on his feet? WIlliam Rufus King?) now gets to move out of the basement in that regard.
nice spelling on bachelor.

And what's wrong if he was gay? You should lose your uber-liberal card for your thinly veiled homophobic comment above.
Old 09-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #150
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
What a tasteless way to portray your commander in chief.
Show respect, you dirty little scoundrel.
Not my.