Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-29-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
Teach

“Mexicans Turn Back Americans At The Border”

The headline in the Sunday paper read: “Mexicans Turn Back Americans At The Border”… and so are The Canadians.

The United States, at this time, is heading in “the wrong direction”. Let’s call it what it is: anarchy. There is chaos throughout the land. People are frightened. They’ve become skeptical. They’re pessimistic. Nihilism prevails. The claims of “fake news” have turned into outright lies. No one knows what to believe, anymore. Many don’t even trust their own senses.

The country that was once known as “The Land of The Free and The Home of The Brave” is in shambles. The nation that had once served as the model for democracy and freedom throughout the world has been, indeed, turned upside-down.

As I write, I’m heading west. I’ve just crossed the Massachusetts border into New Hampshire. I’m trying to reach upstate New York. Others are trying to escape, as well. They are fleeing any way they can. Anywhere they can go to reach safety.

Some have headed south toward the Rio Grande only to find out that the Mexicans are stopping the fleeing U.S. citizens at the border. A handful are getting through. Many have been helped by Mexicans who had crossed the border into the United States, years earlier. These “guides” call themselves “Coyotes” (smugglers). Yet, once you’ve been aided in crossing into Mexico, you’re on your own. There is no support. Yet, there is, for the most part, much derision. Cries of: “Yanqui Go Home!” “Vete, al diablo!”

Still others are trying to cross into Canada. Yet, the Canadian border is heavily patrolled by “Mounties”. Some are trying to cross the St. Lawrence. It reminds one of the Prohibition days when “bootleggers” would race their speedboats across the Detroit River with quantities of Canadian “hooch”. Only, in this case, the St. Lawrence River, is much wider.

That’s why I’m heading northwest. I’ve just crossed the Connecticut River. I’m now in the state of Vermont. My final destination is a town in upstate New York near the St. Lawrence River. It’s called Lisbon. I have a cousin who lives there. He said my family and I can stay with him. My plan is to eventually cross the St. Lawrence and get into Canada (most, as I speak, are being turned back). There’s a U.S. island in the St. Lawrence River: Galop Island. It’s only about a half-mile from there across the St. Lawrence into Canada.

But how did this all get started? Why the mass exodus? Over the years, our country became extremely polarized. The Middle Class has all but disappeared. There are now a “handful” of very well-to-do; yet most people would be classified as being in the “lower classes”. Slowly, the forces of the extreme “right” and “left”. The “Righties” and “Lefties” have taken over. It reminds one of the“Browns” (Sturmabteilung) and “Reds” (Communists) doing pitched battle in Germany in the mid-to-late 1920s and early-30s. There are still some “safe zones" here in America, but they are fast disappearing. Some have headed for Hawaii, others to Alaska, even others to Puerto Rico. If you can get there?

Those who are fleeing are hopping from “safe zone” to “safe zone”. It’s like escaped slaves in the ante-bellum period going from one “station” to another on the “Underground Railroad”. Their destination: Canada…and freedom. What a coincidence!

Most of the American people are bemoaning the fact that are no statesmen/stateswomen to step forward to try to resolve this extremely dangerous situation. It was if we returned to the problems and mistakes of that ante-bellum period that led to the “First American Civil War”. In that period, the decade before Ft. Sumter, there was no one of the stature of Henry Clay, Stephen Douglas or Daniel Webster to head off the impending crisis; the same is true today. There is a leadership void.

I continue heading west toward the Green Mountains. I’ve stayed off the main roads. Too dangerous. Vigilantes are stopping cars, particularly on the main highways. They come out of nowhere. They operate in “Wolfpacks”. If the “Lefties” get you, they’ll order you step out of your car. They then tell you to empty your pockets (Some people have resorted to putting things in their body cavities). You’re then ordered to open your trunk. “Throw everything into a pile,” you’re told. Everything. If you try to hold back anything, you’ll be shot, on the spot. If you’re lucky, you escape unharmed. But you’ve lost everything, including your car.

It’s then that you start walking. At this time you see many people along the sides of highways. They look dazed. Confused. They have what might be called, “the refugee look”. Many are “thumbing”. Yet people in cars are afraid to stop. It’s fast becoming every man/woman for themselves.

There are gasoline shortages, everywhere. Some gas stations are being torched. Gasoline is being rationed. Some have resorted to using bicycles or small scooters. Gas-guzzling cars are becoming extinct, like a group of dinosaurs. The police are trying to keep up with all this, but they are being overwhelmed. They are, indeed, becoming “a thin blue line”. In many places, there is lawlessness, especially in major cities and their immediate suburbs. Some in the suburbs are employing armed guards. Many cities are burning. There is looting. Firemen who are trying to put the fires out are being shot at.

Yet, in other parts of the country, especially below the Mason-Dixon-line, there is another style of lawlessness. In this case, “Righties” are rounding people up. They make what are called “Sweeps”. People are interrogated. You’re asked, “Are you a native-born, white gentile…?” “The Righties” want to know your politics, your ethnicity, your religion, etc.
Some who are interrogated are sent home; others… Others, who are not so fortunate are sent to: “Who Knows Where?” The lucky ones are told, “You have 24 hours to get out of the county”. One might call all this: “ethnic cleansing”. Or as the “Righties” call it: “Clean Ethnic Cleansing (The difference between the aforementioned two, I do not know). The Ku Klux Klan has returned to its once lofty prominence (They were so powerful in the 1920s that Klan members paraded down Washington’s Pennsylvania Avenue).

The “Righties” repeat the hate-charged rhetoric of the past: “No Mongrelization!” It’s like Germany in the 30s: Rassenschande. Sometimes, you hear Russian spoken. Russian operatives have found common cause with these “Righties” (and to thing the Union of Soviet Social Republics became a Communist bastion in the post-World I era). The Russians have formed their own groups; they call them “Gotovnost” (Preparedness). It appears that the major battleground will be Washington, D.C. (To Be Continued).

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
The Ku Klux Klan has returned to its once lofty prominence (They were so powerful in the 1920s that Klan members paraded down Washington’s Pennsylvania Avenue).
20s?

Hell, the Klan had "one of theirs" sitting in the Senate for decades until he finally died 10 years ago. And he was a Democrat.

Who you trying to kid?
Old 07-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Teach

My brother lives in Houston. He told me that some of the cops have their white Klan robes under their uniforms.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 07-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My brother lives in Houston. He told me that some of the cops have their white Klan robes under their uniforms.
Cool story bro.

I have news for you. There are racists in this world. Always have been. Always will be.

Shocking, I know.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yeah, and your bought it?
Whatever it is you're smoking, don't get caught at the border with it.

This is your brain on drugs.
And you can't teach that!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:41 PM   #6
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
20s?

Hell, the Klan had "one of theirs" sitting in the Senate for decades until he finally died 10 years ago. And he was a Democrat.

Who you trying to kid?
Who was that again?

chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2018, 03:45 PM   #7
Teach

Yeah, I bought it! Did ya ever travel outside upstate New York? I did (born in Syracuse). There are good people down there, but there are also "rednecks" who are still fightin' the Civil War. This is no hyperbole. I truly believe some of the cops down there are part of right-wing organizations. For that matter, I've crossed path with a few up like here in The North.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 07-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Yeah, I bought it! Did ya ever travel outside upstate New York? I did (born in Syracuse). There are good people down there, but there are also "rednecks" who are still fightin' the Civil War. This is no hyperbole. I truly believe some of the cops down there are part of right-wing organizations. For that matter, I've crossed path with a few up like here in The North.
It's amazing those rednecks voted for a NY Real Estate developer.

I've known my share of "rednecks."

They do NOT like ANYONE from NY...
Old 07-29-2018, 04:00 PM   #9
chrisl

Quote:
Your pen name on here should really be ..REACH..Their are racist in America..Everyone, start beating the drums, sounding the alarms. REACH told us so!
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You better stay out of my neck of the woods.
Out here in Farmington, they still hang readers!

I somehow think I can see exactly how YOU had those run ins.
I bet you would have had one with Gandhi!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #11
Teach

Tom,

Under the heading of "It's a small world," I've been in Farmington. One of my friends lived there (south of Rochester). We could practically see the track from his house. In fact, I stayed in a motel from which I could see Finger Lakes!

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 07-29-2018, 04:15 PM   #12
horses4courses

Quote:
Tom,

Under the heading of "It's a small world," I've been in Farmington. One of my friends lived there (south of Rochester). We could practically see the track from his house. In fact, I stayed in a motel from which I could see Finger Lakes!
It wasn't the "Bates Motel", was it?
If so, Tom could well have been the proprietor.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Tom,

Was it on the corner by the gas station, diner in front?
That one burned down.

I think a local threw a torch at a reader one night!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
xtb

Trump Derangement Syndrome is reaching new heights every day. It is entertaining watching heads exploding.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #15
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome is reaching new heights every day. It is entertaining watching heads exploding.
You may subscribe to the MAGA philosophy.

Trouble is, anyone with a brain will tell you:

Mobsters Are Governing America