Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-22-2022, 10:21 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Dinner table talk …for Thanksgiving

https://pjmedia.com/columns/kevindow...inner-n1647976

Some facts on mass shootings
Old 11-22-2022, 10:38 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

Black gang members are the bottom of the barrel, they have no problem who gets killed by their stray bullets, babies, grandmas, they also have no trouble shooting up weddings and funerals. Of course the media shies away from giving those events much coverage and definitely tries to keep from disclosing the skin color of the perps. Of course that article dispells all the false liberal narratives about mass shootings.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...2c8e4b59edd8f0
Old 11-23-2022, 10:36 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The race of the shooter and his political ideology will determine exactly how the media and our 81M votes president handles this latest shooting.

Gun control only really matters when the shooter is white and/or a Trump supporter...
Old 11-23-2022, 12:41 PM   #5
Dave Schwartz

Ralph,

I believe it was you who challenged the notion that automatic weapons are used in the US commonly. (Years ago on this forum, but it might have been in a private conversation.)

Perhaps you could take a moment and mention that again?

I remember how incredulous it sounded at the time.

I also recall the SIX HOURS I spent researching it only to find out how accurate your statement was.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #6
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The race of the shooter and his political ideology will determine exactly how the media and our 81M votes president handles this latest shooting.

Gun control only really matters when the shooter is white and/or a Trump supporter...

Well, come on, he must be a white, gun totin' far right MAGA.

Oh, wait...

Andre Marcus Bing

Last edited by wisconsin; 11-23-2022 at 01:01 PM.
wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 01:08 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

The recent gay night club shooter identifies as non binary, he killed his own kind, oops!
Old 11-23-2022, 04:54 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Ralph,

I believe it was you who challenged the notion that automatic weapons are used in the US commonly. (Years ago on this forum, but it might have been in a private conversation.)

Perhaps you could take a moment and mention that again?

I remember how incredulous it sounded at the time.

I also recall the SIX HOURS I spent researching it only to find out how accurate your statement was.
Automatic or semi automatic?
Old 11-23-2022, 05:00 PM   #9
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Automatic or semi automatic?
Automatic.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:01 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Here’s an interesting page I found a while back.

There are so few “real automatic” weapons in the hands of civilians they are almost never used in a homicide

We are talking “full auto” weapons

This page is from 2019. Check out the graphic chart at the bottom half.

Or click here for just the graphic

https://www.criminalattorneycolumbus...-homicides.png

https://www.criminalattorneycolumbus...for-homicides/

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2E2CC497-AE8B-4743-9AF0-6AA1D5353BA0.jpeg (389.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by JustRalph; 11-23-2022 at 07:04 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 07:23 PM   #11
Dave Schwartz

Ralph,

What I was talking about was that you asked me a question something like this:

"How often does an attack with an unauthorized automatic weapon occur in the United States?"

Like most other people, who watch TV & movies, I assumed it was pretty much a weekly occurrence in Banger Land.

In fact, when I have asked this question over dinner, I've gotten answers that ranged from one a week or even higher.

We're all trained by pop culture to believe what we see on TV and in movies.

We all know how to kill a vampire, right? Even though they don't actually exist.

The truth is that there has been exactly ONE shooting with a fully automatic weapon since 1956!

I remember spending six hours researching this and coming up empty.

Okay, there were actually two others but both of those were "authorized."

Not the shootings, but the possession of the weapon itself.

Both were police officers who killed their wives with an automatic weapon, but both of them were fully authorized to have those weapons. (I don't actually know if they used the weapons on full automatic or not.)
Old 11-23-2022, 07:34 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

I have a customer that might know the low down on what it takes to own an
automatic weapon, of which one is an assault rifle under the original definition when they were first manufactured. They are strongly federally regulated so it should not be too hard to spell out the particulars. I do know year of manufacture makes a difference on what it takes to legally own one.

There are 11 different types of federal firearm licenses, I know my customer has one or more, I will ask him next week. He might tell me he only cares about the licenses needed to conduct his business, and he does have time nor care to research the other ones. A FFL holder will definitely have an easier path to obtaining an automatic weapon than someone without one.
Anyone with time, money and a clean record passing a background check can legally own one, unless there is a state law overriding it. Prepare to have plenty of money. fill out a mountain of paperwork, and wait.

My customer manufacturers parts to restore vintage long guns.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:58 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

My post was in regards to possession of an originally manufactured weapon with selective fire, like an assault rifle or a fully automatic machine gun, not an illegally altered weapon.

Supposedly there are illegal kits out there that can convert a 9mm Glock to full auto. I have no idea of what I saw would actually work or it is just liberal MSM BS. I can tell you one thing no one is selling those parts for as low as $20 that is claimed by rags like the New York Times.

The so called Glock switch I saw would take a skilled machinist and basic machine shop equipment to produce. No one is going to risk going to jail making them for $20 a piece. Since I no longer own a 9mm I cannot say if that conversion kit would work or not.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:06 PM   #14
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I have a customer that might know the low down on what it takes to own an
automatic weapon, of which one is an assault rifle under the original definition when they were first manufactured. They are strongly federally regulated so it should not be too hard to spell out the particulars. I do know year of manufacture makes a difference on what it takes to legally own one.

There are 11 different types of federal firearm licenses, I know my customer has one or more, I will ask him next week. He might tell me he only cares about the licenses needed to conduct his business, and he does have time nor care to research the other ones. A FFL holder will definitely have an easier path to obtaining an automatic weapon than someone without one.
Anyone with time, money and a clean record passing a background check can legally own one, unless there is a state law overriding it. Prepare to have plenty of money. fill out a mountain of paperwork, and wait.

My customer manufacturers parts to restore vintage long guns.
A current handgun licence and very deep pockets plus a state that is shall issue and not may issue. I have known a few who have owned them. One guy had a thompson 45 submachine gun and got to keep it until hard times forced him to sell it at a profit. Another was a HK 9 MM, with the silencer. I got to shoot that one, it was so quiet that the paper was the loudest as bullets printed the paper. Shooting with no ear protection early morning was amazing, this guy never really went full auto. Had to travel with 9x11 FFL documents in hand all the time for both the gun and silencer. The fed knows the risk is smaller than a
extintion asteroid hit on the earth so the $400 Federal stamp tax is the best money that goes into a hole that never gets recorded. You buy $400 plus what it costs, cross state lines $400, leave the country as a mercenary $400, return $400. The latter is picked up by contracts from Blackwater or other military contractors.

Last edited by fast4522; 11-23-2022 at 08:09 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2022, 08:45 PM   #15
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
A current handgun licence and very deep pockets plus a state that is shall issue and not may issue. I have known a few who have owned them. One guy had a thompson 45 submachine gun and got to keep it until hard times forced him to sell it at a profit. Another was a HK 9 MM, with the silencer. I got to shoot that one, it was so quiet that the paper was the loudest as bullets printed the paper. Shooting with no ear protection early morning was amazing, this guy never really went full auto. Had to travel with 9x11 FFL documents in hand all the time for both the gun and silencer. The fed knows the risk is smaller than a
extintion asteroid hit on the earth so the $400 Federal stamp tax is the best money that goes into a hole that never gets recorded. You buy $400 plus what it costs, cross state lines $400, leave the country as a mercenary $400, return $400. The latter is picked up by contracts from Blackwater or other military contractors.

What do you mean by current handgun license, just a concealed carry?
The Thompson is a 75+ year old gun, I do think age makes a difference on ownership requirements.

Back in around 2005, during the real estate boom where people were burning through home equity I saw a cable TV show covering a large shooting range, maybe in Arizona? This wasn't your normal shooting range, they had all kinds of things to shoot at, even junk cars with the glass still intact. They had machine guns, grenade launchers and other nasty things to rent. Some guys were spending $5-$10k a day on gun rental and ammo. I wonder if that place is still in business?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: